Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

cyberpunked

General discussion about gaming.
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5404857

cyberpunked

Unread post by Plastic Jesus »

cyberpunked.jpg
cyberpunked.jpg (126.13 KiB) Viewed 4141 times
Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.
Thursday
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19029341

Re: cyberpunked

Unread post by Thursday »

QUIT BUILDING SENTRIES IN THE MUSIC ROOM
Aerogablaze
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19303814

Unread post by Aerogablaze »

Omg I'm Graced to be in the Same Team and Even in the same Picture As Plastic Jesus...I am not Worthy :batman:
"-Ahem- Gentlemen? ..."
Team Fortress 2 Hired Spy
I am Spy - Play Free Online Games
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Dayum that's one mighty stacked team you got there.
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

that game was the bets game of my life
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Dance to the music... my music made of bullets, rockets, and death.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

You were the only person to kill me, and that was in less than one second of a spawn.
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I still whish I had a pic of my best game ever. 11 dominations and like 60 kills in a single life. There was only one dude I couldn't dominate, but that is only because he was afk in the spawn. It was pl_goldrush and I was on the defending team on the first level. They couldn't even get to the first point.
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

wow thats awesome and lol about the afk guy hehe.
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

You know what, I think I'll let everyone in on my secret to being a good pyro (or player in general). I end up as the top scorer a lot as a pyro not just becuase I can play it well (I will admit it's not that difficult, but it goes well with my style) but because I focus on the point or the flag more than most people ever do. That focus on the "goal" of the level usually helps me when playing any class, and the thing that usually pisses me off the most in-game is when people aren't focused on the goal of the level and just run around like idiots shooting at each other with no purpose. I have seen so many games devolve to mere luck because people aren't trying to play cp, ctf, pl, or whatever but just deathmatch. I will often quit because I don't want to play deathmatch but Team Fortress. If I wanted to paly deathmatch I would load up something else. I don't always score the most points as other classes because I am focused on the goal of the map, so I will capture the flag, or the point without getting a lot of points. my team will still win the round, and I have many times seen one team win while the top three scorers are on the opposing team. As an engineer the concept is almost the same, only the focus after the main goal of the map is not to just get kills with your sentry but to stop the other team from accomplishing their goal. Sometimes as an engineer that means building sentries that aren't static, but temporary and that serve the purpose of drawing the attention of the idiots that just want to shoot stuff. That is why I was able to dominate so many people on cyberpunk, not that I had the best sentry spot, because there are actually better spots on that map, but because people were so intent on destroying that sentry and killing me that they were blinded by their animal need to "pwn" me.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Plastic Jesus wrote:You know what, I think I'll let everyone in on my secret to being a good pyro (or player in general). I end up as the top scorer a lot as a pyro not just becuase I can play it well (I will admit it's not that difficult, but it goes well with my style) but because I focus on the point or the flag more than most people ever do. That focus on the "goal" of the level usually helps me when playing any class, and the thing that usually pisses me off the most in-game is when people aren't focused on the goal of the level and just run around like idiots shooting at each other with no purpose. I have seen so many games devolve to mere luck because people aren't trying to play cp, ctf, pl, or whatever but just deathmatch. I will often quit because I don't want to play deathmatch but Team Fortress. If I wanted to paly deathmatch I would load up something else. I don't always score the most points as other classes because I am focused on the goal of the map, so I will capture the flag, or the point without getting a lot of points. my team will still win the round, and I have many times seen one team win while the top three scorers are on the opposing team. As an engineer the concept is almost the same, only the focus after the main goal of the map is not to just get kills with your sentry but to stop the other team from accomplishing their goal. Sometimes as an engineer that means building sentries that aren't static, but temporary and that serve the purpose of drawing the attention of the idiots that just want to shoot stuff. That is why I was able to dominate so many people on cyberpunk, not that I had the best sentry spot, because there are actually better spots on that map, but because people were so intent on destroying that sentry and killing me that they were blinded by their animal need to "pwn" me.
I get what you're saying, and that many many people often forget the point of Team Fortess. But also, cyberpunk has NO OBJECTIVE. What else should we do but go for your sentry or your team (who were all in the sentry room at the time, anyway)? I think that since cyberpunk is such a useless map anyway, people just wanted to pass the time by attempting to destroy a sentry, what else do you expect? I would understand this tactic if it were on some arena or KOTH map, but it just makes no sense to think somebody wouldn't want to kill you if you were a valuable target on a no-objective map.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Plastic, you told them our secret to winning. Good thing we can always count on people death-matching people for no reason.

Who would have guessed that the key to winning Team Fortress is for your team to work towards the objective of the map. Good thing we can always count on payload maps to force both teams to try.
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Divine Fate wrote: I get what you're saying, and that many many people often forget the point of Team Fortess. But also, cyberpunk has NO OBJECTIVE. What else should we do but go for your sentry or your team (who were all in the sentry room at the time, anyway)? I think that since cyberpunk is such a useless map anyway, people just wanted to pass the time by attempting to destroy a sentry, what else do you expect? I would understand this tactic if it were on some arena or KOTH map, but it just makes no sense to think somebody wouldn't want to kill you if you were a valuable target on a no-objective map.
RIGHT THERE PEOPLE!!!!!! That is why easy to win maps are lost! The same reason I was able to dominate that team is why people lose maps. They don't focus on the objective but were focused more on their ego. I understand that cyberpunk has no objective (I prefer to make up my own objectives, like holding the music room and choosing the music for the map lol). This means that if people are more focused on "pwning some noobs" that even if they aren't complete morons they are still more than useless. I have spent some time specing people in game and have watched people not only just not protect the point, but actively run away from the point or objective (intell) to run down some dude that is being equally useless. I have watched (and been) a single dude capture a point because the enemy team is more invovled in mowing down the idiots and typing/saying shit like "omg I so pwnt ur n00b ass" or "your a bunch of faggots and Im going to pwn you." And yes they usually type "your" instead of "you're" becuase they are retarded. And I'm tired of people saying shit like "your taking this too serious" or "it's just a game bitch." Yes, of course it's a game, but it's a game with rules and objectives like every other game and there is a lot of fun to be had following those rules and objectives. When people aren't doing that, it's like that douchebag on a basketball team that runs around thinking he's in a street basketball video, hogging the ball and not passing so he can make 26 points while the other team works together and wins the game.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

"It's just a game." makes no sense at all. You can essentially replace the word game with anything you want as long as you get to tell that person off. If it's a passion or if it's getting on your nerves, then put your heart into it and be all the serious you want. Some people can't take constructive criticism and just shove it off, but it really does help some of your team when you tell them that they're doing something wrong, going the wrong way, or whatever the heck else is the matter.
Awesomesauce
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17643787
Location: Toronto, Ontario...but mostly where you least expect me.

Unread post by Awesomesauce »

Just play medic and you'll get to the top of the score chart in no time. :)

Medic is crazy fun too.

MEDICS FTW.

EDIT: Sorry for being off-topic.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

Awesomesauce wrote:Just play medic and you'll get to the top of the score chart in no time. :)

Medic is crazy fun too.

MEDICS FTW.

EDIT: Sorry for being off-topic.
coulda said cyberpunk in that sentence and been on topic ;)
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
tHeReAlSuSaN
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19560363
Xbox Gamer Tag: Jess DA MEXICAN

Unread post by tHeReAlSuSaN »

I like crab spies
What ev ,What ev, I do what I want...
-Eric Cartman