Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

New Pyro Hat Incoming

Discussion about anything.
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:38144778

New Pyro Hat Incoming

Unread post by KarmA »

This time, its free, but its not. Whats the catch?

Simple, buy Killing Floor, the game from tripwire thats an accurate version of zombie survival, and you get two things

1. Theres a character in KF that has a gas mask and tie. Buying the game will get you the hat shown here Image

2. As seen in the previous picture, the pyro is being ADDED to KF as a character you can play as. Image

Buy it any time between Dec 14th - Jan 4th, and you'll receive the hat, and ingame character the pyro! (And Killing Floor, of course.)

Details of the event :
Christmas is coming early for Killing Floor fans, as Tripwire Interactive is happy to announce the massive Twisted Christmas event starting next week, just in time for the holidays. Featuring Christmas themed specimens replacing all of the regular baddies, a brand new level – Santa’s Evil Lair, Christmas themed achievements with a special unlockable character, an all new difficultly level and loads of new achievements this is THE gaming event of the holiday season. And if a pile of free content wasn’t enough for you, the Killing Floor crew have enlisted the help of a special guest to battle these Yule-tide baddies - Team Fortress 2’s Pyro. And the sharing doesn’t end there as the Pyro will be bringing back a special Killing Floor item to TF2 with him – Mr. Foster’s trademark gas mask and business tie! Be sure to check out the new trailer and read on for all of the exciting details:

Twisted Christmas Event Details

* Runs for the holiday season from December 14th to January 4th
* Free for everyone that owns Killing Floor – auto downloaded through Steam
* All new level – Santa’s Evil Lair
* All creatures in game replaced with Christmas themed monsters including the Gingerfast and the Nutpound
* More than double the achievement count with over 130 total achievements
* 13 new Christmas achievements
* Unlockable “Baddest Santa” playable character
* Red or blue Pyro from Team Fortress 2 playable character available to anyone that owns both Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor
* Mr. Foster’s trademark gas mask and business tie as equipable items for the Pyro in Team Fortress 2 for anyone that owns or purchases Killing Floor before the end of the event
* All new difficulty level beyond suicidal – Hell on Earth
* Balance improvements

Remember, “Twisted Christmas” only runs for the holiday season from December 14th to January 4th. You must play during this time to experience the event, to unlock the Christmas achievements and to unlock the “Baddest Santa”. And if you don’t already own Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor you must get them before the event ends on January 4th to unlock the special items in Team Fortress 2. To get more information on the fun of the Twisted Christmas event, check out the web page for it: http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/xmas, or take a look at the new trailer.

(The rest of this is a shitty DLC their introducing)

And a video to prove I'm not lying.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oVqwrhbu70
The hat/tie was released. The tie is a misc and the gasmask is a hat. They were given vintage if you have the game before the update, and nonvintage if you buy now. So if you didnt get vintage then shit sucks for you and I dont care.
Last edited by KarmA on 15 Dec 2010, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
giggles
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21234769

Re: New Pyro Hat Incoming

Unread post by giggles »

should i get this game? ._.
~Mai Husbando~

Unread post by KarmA »

Yes. Game is worth the money. Plus it can go to up to 100 players on one map. Very fun.
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22049012

Unread post by Wamp Rats »

giggles wrote:should i get this game? ._.

Fuck yes, get it before the update though
BAMF
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25128613
Xbox Gamer Tag: SomTervo

Unread post by BAMF »

Wamp Rats wrote:
giggles wrote:should i get this game? ._.

Fuck yes, get it before the update though
why would she do that, they'll probably be a bit of a sale on it anyway, and they'll be more newcomers so she wouldn't be the only person who was still getting used to the game

Unless I'm missing something
Zarik
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3501639

Unread post by Zarik »

I'm glad i already purchased killing floor last year :P

Unread post by KarmA »

Also, if you don't have Killing Floor yet, but wanna get it as a xmas present and you're not sure if you'll still get all the items, don't worry. It runs from the 14th-4th (Dec 14th - Jan 4th)
Moving Target
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5973737

Unread post by Moving Target »

I've been thinking of getting this game. Problem is that I doubt anyone I know will be playing it. This game is kinda boring without friends to play with. I played it during the free trial last year. Enjoyed it, but I figured it would probably get boring real quick.
It reminds me a lot of L4D's survival. Just harder and with an end.

EDIT:

I'm going to be getting it since it's only 10$ for the bundle right now. I figure I'll have at least a good time with it like the last time I played, so might as well!

I quote NO MAN! - me

Unread post by KarmA »

Updated OP.