Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Carputer

Discussion about anything.
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:8016810

Carputer

Unread post by Äusländer »

I was talking to some of the guys in the server about my carputer and someone suggested I post pictures in the forum. However, I'm lazy so I'm just going to post a link to the picasaweb site: http://www.picasaweb.com/chris.gervais/Subaru#

Details. 7" Liliput touchscreen mounted in Mechatroniks aluminum bezel.
Vroom2 PC case by mini-box.com
M2-ATX 160W power supply by mini-box.com
Intel D945GCLF2 Motherboard with Atom 330 Processor (Dual core 1.6 ghz)
2 Gb kingston ddr2 667
DVD rom I ripped out of an old laptop.
320 Gb sata 2 5400 rpm hard drive
Centrafuse 2.0 front end
OBD2Pro's OBD2 to USB reader
Serial connection to UTEC engine computer running JeffSoftware.com UTI logging software

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but it's not important.
z0th: "the gameserver is not a democracy."
D34THSPAWN
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18527016

Re: Carputer

Unread post by D34THSPAWN »

Nice Car aus i have an impreza 2 door 2.5 rs :D

imagine yourself as a T-rex in a room full of T-ball poles and large soapy bubbles. Your stubby arms would render the pleasure-power of this room woefully out of reach.
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

What year Impreza there Deathspawn... I have a MY04 model so its a 2004... but this thread only lists my Carputer stuff... not a mod list ;)
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

i was looking over your post aus, not clicked the link yet, and i was becoming very agitated at you using the word 'carputer'. after i clicked the link i then realized what you meant by it. pff.
u have tf2 setup on there? lol
z0th
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by z0th »

nice job Aus!

buddy of mine at work (network admin) has a mobile wireless access point set up in his car using a sat/cell modem. hes got a boom set up on the passenger side to mount a small laptop (asus EEE, or ibm X series). hes also set the car up with a ham radio relay station.
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

z0th wrote:nice job Aus!

buddy of mine at work (network admin) has a mobile wireless access point set up in his car using a sat/cell modem. hes got a boom set up on the passenger side to mount a small laptop (asus EEE, or ibm X series). hes also set the car up with a ham radio relay station.
I'm using a HTC 6800 with a custom nue2chem rom running wifirouter for internet in my car. I'm currently on a SERO plan from sprint so I have unlimited everything on my cell phone for $30 a month. Vortex and I were riding around in traffic one night so we popped up youtube and started watching movie trailers, people around us were looking at us funny because it sounded a like a movie theater coming out of my car. The bass was booming during the T4 trailer.
D34THSPAWN
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18527016

Unread post by D34THSPAWN »

Äusländer wrote:What year Impreza there Deathspawn... I have a MY04 model so its a 2004... but this thread only lists my Carputer stuff... not a mod list ;)
sorry knew i forgot something...2000 with less than 100k miles on it too

imagine yourself as a T-rex in a room full of T-ball poles and large soapy bubbles. Your stubby arms would render the pleasure-power of this room woefully out of reach.
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

HuRtMePleNtY wrote:i was looking over your post aus, not clicked the link yet, and i was becoming very agitated at you using the word 'carputer'. after i clicked the link i then realized what you meant by it. pff.
u have tf2 setup on there? lol
No I don't have TF2 set up on there, the gma950 chipset doesn't do graphics too well. However, Quake 3 is installed on there.

Why do you hate 'carputer' so much? Did you think I modded a computer into an RC car or something?
D34THSPAWN wrote:
Äusländer wrote:What year Impreza there Deathspawn... I have a MY04 model so its a 2004... but this thread only lists my Carputer stuff... not a mod list ;)
sorry knew i forgot something...2000 with less than 100k miles on it too
Still haven't hit 40k on mine yet. It will be soon though, very soon.

Once it happens I'm going to call it officially broken in and then bigger turbo time!
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19897660

Unread post by Liquid Death »

Nice Aus. that's one of the coolest things i have seen done to a car