Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

TF2 Launch Error

How may we help you?
Incredible Spycrab
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24676431

TF2 Launch Error

Unread post by Incredible Spycrab »

Whenever I try to start up TF2 it gives me an error, I've tried rebooting but it still doesn't work. Any help?
Attachments
The Error
The Error
Error.jpg (11.81 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
There is no such thing on earth as an uninteresting subject; the only thing that can exist is an uninterested person.

spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Re: TF2 Launch Error

Unread post by spleenter »

try verifying the game files with steam, that should clear things up. To do this you need to go to the library tab, right click on tf2, click on properties, select the local files tab, click "verify integrity of game cache..." It will take a few hours but that should clear things up.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Incredible Spycrab
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24676431

Unread post by Incredible Spycrab »

Thanks for the help, it worked. But now I have the nasty new TF2 menu, I want my old one back.
There is no such thing on earth as an uninteresting subject; the only thing that can exist is an uninterested person.

steve09
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18923152
Twitter Username: Sergeant_Stevi

Unread post by steve09 »

If you had the old TF2 game menu.res file then update to the new one. If that is not the problem maybe its the new Menu you're talking about, Valve changed it so it is more aligned and everything is buttons than menus. Annoyed the heck outta me when i loaded up TF2 after a week of not playing. There are some other game menu.res files on offer that mimic the old ones, but how well they change the whole menu I've no idea, better to ask Divine and FlaminSarge.
captainangry wrote:Freedom isn't free