Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Two things: Thing #1 - End of the World

Discussion about anything.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Two things: Thing #1 - End of the World

Unread post by GrimGriz »

If you knew for a fact the world was going to end in 2012 - How would you change the way you live your life?
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Re: Two things: Thing #1 - End of the World

Unread post by Original »

I'd play TF2 even more than ever.

Or repent and hide in a hole.

Or repent while hiding in a hole with high speed internet playing more TF2.
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7761101

Unread post by arkawn »

live out my fantasies of becoming
a) a viking: rape kill pillage and steal

or

b) a pirate: do a ton of port whores, kill, pillage and steal, and say hilarious things
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19046530

Unread post by Ghost »

i wouldent go to school. who would want to go to school when u only have a few years to live? and i would do anything i wanted
Riftoff wrote:One time after I was playing a lot of Advance Wars, I was eating dinner with my family when i randomly just stopped and waited for everyone else to take their turn, and then I realized eating wasn't turn based.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

I wouldn't change anything.
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5404857

Unread post by Plastic Jesus »

I would take out a loan for a a couple hundred thousand, take off to an tropical island, and live it up. May be I will finally read Ulysses, but I won't tell anyone or act like an arogant snob telling people they are lilliterate because haven't and as the world ends I'll have a crooked little smile on my face that says, "I've got a secret, and it's really good, and I'm not telling anyone."
Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

The world IS going to end in 2012.

I am going to be ready to have a retarded amount of fun when all hell breaks loose and everyone starts panicing. It will be a fun few days for sure.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

captainangry wrote:The world IS going to end in 2012.

I am going to be ready to have a retarded amount of fun when all hell breaks loose and everyone starts panicing. It will be a fun few days for sure.
1. no cpt, you are going crazy and the world isn't going to end in 2012

2. what I would do depends on how the world is supposed to end (isn't it like some meteor is supposed to crash and kill everybody someway?)
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22049012

Unread post by Wamp Rats »

K to the I to the double L to the I to the N to the G spree
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7761101

Unread post by arkawn »

the world ended in '99 people

jeez

seriously though some people actually thought it would end lolol
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

I'll wait until the last day. Enjoy myself, chill with friends and family up to then. I'll walk into Walmart, set myself on fire. It'll be the most symbolic suicide ever. Then as I wait at the great respawn time of reincarnation, I'll think "Sweet, I get dibs on the good classes before the limiters kick in", and then I'll start farming achievements for awhile before everyone else respawns, and then I will say the truest words ever spoken:

"lol"
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

The ancient aztec calendar ends in 2012, and no psychic has been able to see past 2012.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

I don't believe in psychics, mainly because every one I've been to or head of have been tricked or figured out they were fakes. Aztecs just got lazy/went to war or some crap.
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10048976
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vian0

Unread post by Viano »

I have a $10,000 bet on the world won't end with a friend that honestly believes it will, I don't know how she'll collect the money if she wins but w/e she gets to die being right.

I don't believe the world is going to end whatsoever psychics are a bunch of fakes and I don't care about the Aztecs and there stupid calendar, my calendar ends every 12 months.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

For the record - the end of the world could simply be the end of most if not all of humanity. Swine Flu mutates, etc. To be fair, I think I actually want the world to end - or at least change in a drastic manner. If it doesn't end soon though, I look forward to the robot apocalypse.
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Yeah, I don't believe 'the world' will end if anything happens.

Just like we can't destroy the earth. Sure, we can cause massive destruction and kill most of everything on the earth off. We're doing a good job of it now.
About all we can do is finish ourselves off. And most likely some would survive.

I think it's sad though that humanity is more concerned about destruction and the desire to have everything destroyed than it is about figuring out how to live peacefully with each other and our surroundings. If the world does end it'll just be a self full filling prophecy because everyone has been duped into believing
in the physicics(?) and things like mayan calanders so they give up and figure they might as well be self centered, egotistical lazy pos's.

Basically take the easy way out and damn them all to hell.

What a primitive species we really are.

Robot lords of tokyo, smile taste kids. Did you not know the royal hunting grounds are always forbidden?
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

What the fuck?
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

OK Random, just posting to up your post count isn't considered being 'part of the conversation'. LOL.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

What I would probably do is, start building a little secret, underground, nuclear, earthquake, tornado, etc. safe building, "buy" a lot of food and water, take a few friends, some females, hide in my shelter, let the world end, repopulate the human race, and let the world restart in a happy cycle ;)
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19897660

Unread post by Liquid Death »

One of the main reasons that the Aztec calendar ends in 2012 is because an accurate calender could not be made past that date, even with their advanced understanding of time.

Anyway that doesn't answer the question. I would begin to organize a survival and recovery team to use any means necessary to get as many people through the apocalypse as possible so that the human race can repopulate.
thedoghouse wrote:What I would probably do is, start building a little secret, underground, nuclear, earthquake, tornado, etc. safe building, "buy" a lot of food and water, take a few friends, some females, hide in my shelter, let the world end, repopulate the human race, and let the world restart in a happy cycle ;)
It takes thousands of people to properly repopulate the human race so the gene pool will be large enough so that our biodiversity doesn't get screwed.
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

Original wrote:OK Random, just posting to up your post count isn't considered being 'part of the conversation'. LOL.
no I was actually said that when i read this. we already had ths discussion back in the quiz thread
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Original wrote:so they give up and figure they might as well be self centered, egotistical lazy pos's.
I figure I might as well be a self-centered, egotistical, lazy piece of shit because ignorant people reproduce at a far greater rate than intelligent people - watch the first 5 minutes of idiocracy. Most of us seem to accept evolution and survival of the fittest, but the survival of the fittest thing doesn't apply to humans anymore. Idiots that should have killed themselves in stupid accidents are rushed to the hospital and they go on to reproduce.

Then of course, I go on to question whether or not my morals are related to television programming I was exposed to in my formative years and whether or not being even more of a heartless bastard would increase the chances for my DNA to make it into the future.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Unread post by Hanzo_blade »

:stupid: Wow.
Uh well, if the world is going to end in 2012, I don't know what I would do differently. Probably nothing at all because what if it really didn't end? I will definitely be doing special that day (December 21, 2012) Hanging out with people I love, cause in case we all do happen to die, at least I'll be with them. I have a feeling that date will be crazy. A bunch of people who strongly believe in doomsday will be bringing havoc because they honestly believe its their last hours to live. I'm curious to find out. Who knows... but as of right now I'll just continue to live the same way, not really enjoying life, constantly working, and being completely useless to the human race.
ImageImage
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Hanzo_blade wrote::stupid: Wow.
Uh well, if the world is going to end in 2012, I don't know what I would do differently. Probably nothing at all because what if it really didn't end? I will definitely be doing special that day (December 21, 2012) Hanging out with people I love, cause in case we all do happen to die, at least I'll be with them. I have a feeling that date will be crazy. A bunch of people who strongly believe in doomsday will be bringing havoc because they honestly believe its their last hours to live. I'm curious to find out. Who knows... but as of right now I'll just continue to live the same way, not really enjoying life, constantly working, and being completely useless to the human race.
... you do know this is a WHAT IF question, in no way will ever have to put you plan into actions, infact, kerplunkers is going to post something that involves punting kittens at some point, I KNOW IT
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12350156

Unread post by BigJohn 308 »

Funny thing about mystics and psychics who have repeatedly predicted the end of the world so many times throughout history;

• When they were proven wrong, why do they never come back after the day has passed and explain why it didn’t happen?

• Why don’t more psychics win the lottery?

In my 41 years on this planet, I have seen “The world is gonna end on ______” probably about 10 times. My advice, don’t get any new loans to host an End of the Earth Blow Out Party. You’ll be in collections through 2112.
Surnem
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21134355

Unread post by Surnem »

If I knew the world was ending, I wouldn't change a darn thing, in case I was wrong.

I also plan on buying a home for myself when people sell their homes cheap 12/01/12-12/20/12. ;)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA