Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Question: Hard Drives

How may we help you?
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5875326

Question: Hard Drives

Unread post by bluephyr »

I have my 320GB hard drive split into 3 partitions, all for the sake of experimenting with multiple boot operating systems...
The split goes:

Primary Partition (Vista Home Premium 64-bit): 137GB
(the other two partitions are nothing more than space now)

Secondary Partition (No OS): 127GB (being used for secondary space)

Tertiary Partition (No OS): 32GB (nothing on it)

I was wondering if there was a way to merge the 1st and 3rd partitions without loss of data. I keep running out of space on the Primary partition while going months without downloading anything :/.
So if there's any way I can save space, create it, or make more space on the Primary partition, that'd be great.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Re: Question: Hard Drives

Unread post by Hanzo_blade »

This post is DUMB.
ImageImage
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Dick.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Unread post by Hanzo_blade »

You have a small one. BIAAAATCH
ImageImage
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

That's not what you said the other night.
Noodlefoo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:16175581
Twitter Username: Noodlefoo

Unread post by Noodlefoo »

I'm not sure who, but someone just got OWNED.
And I say just fill it up with stuff as you would normally. It's still space you can use.
ImageImageImage
D34THSPAWN
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18527016

Unread post by D34THSPAWN »

what os are you using? is is usually fairly easy to merge partitions, just need a program to do it for you or you can try using windows disc manager (type that into the run area in xp, or the search aera in vista and 7)

be careful though, dont wipe the partitiont aht you installed your first OS on otherwise it will not work, or will delete your boot manager, which ask aus, is bad, not unfixable but bad (just did that recently and he helped me fix it)

imagine yourself as a T-rex in a room full of T-ball poles and large soapy bubbles. Your stubby arms would render the pleasure-power of this room woefully out of reach.
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Either you're all idiots, or you're all the type of nerds who KNOW how to help me, but just won't because of a superiority complex >|

BUMP

UPDATE: Turns out I already had the hard drive split into 2 partitions when I originally installed Vista on it going from XP... So technically my D: drive, which contained XP, ALSO contains Vista.
This is a problem because my C: drive is what contains all my important items. My D: drive is barren though, and I would like to merge the partitions, but something is not letting me.
I labeled C: as Active in order to try to merge D: to C:, but that turned out bad because my system Boots on C:, yet D: is still where my System files for Vista are...

Complexities... but I know you Nurds can help...
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

bluephyr wrote:Either you're all idiots, or you're all the type of nerds who KNOW how to help me, but just won't because of a superiority complex >|

BUMP

UPDATE: Turns out I already had the hard drive split into 2 partitions when I originally installed Vista on it going from XP... So technically my D: drive, which contained XP, ALSO contains Vista.
This is a problem because my C: drive is what contains all my important items. My D: drive is barren though, and I would like to merge the partitions, but something is not letting me.
I labeled C: as Active in order to try to merge D: to C:, but that turned out bad because my system Boots on C:, yet D: is still where my System files for Vista are...

Complexities... but I know you Nurds can help...
I'm just one of those idiots.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

I'm not an idiot, but I don't know anything about what you're asking. So even if I attempted to help, I'd probably end up making you break something.
Life is whatever.