Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

WTF BANNED!!!!????!!! captain read this...

Discussion about anything.
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19046530

WTF BANNED!!!!????!!! captain read this...

Unread post by Ghost »

ok. just an average night on the server with me mic spaming here and here. not consecutively. so the maps changes and everyone is playing then someone changes everyones name and then (as a joke) change my name to "supah leet killa cap a cop" and not even a min later.. WTF BANNED?????? and yes i was the one who changed my name to that. and it was riftoff/debaser who banend me. and this wasent a ten min ban. it was a permaban. if it was a 10 min ban i wouldent be making a topic about it. so yeah permaban for changing my name jokingly. so he deserves a ban or admin powers taken away. and rift said "it was also for all the other things u did tonight".. well. on that map i didnt mic spam once! just when a change my name i get banhammer.

unban plz!

sincerely,

ghost...

P.S.: fail at being formal! haha :don: :leo: :mike: :raph: :barf: :batman:
Last edited by Ghost on 09 May 2009, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Riftoff wrote:One time after I was playing a lot of Advance Wars, I was eating dinner with my family when i randomly just stopped and waited for everyone else to take their turn, and then I realized eating wasn't turn based.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Re: WTF BANNED!!!!????!!! captain read this...

Unread post by Riftoff »

Dude you micspammed the entire night. Everyone was tired of listening to you. I would've given you a ten minute ban, but I didn't know the /ban command was permanent ban.
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Ghost »

well i didnt mic spam on that map. all i did was change my name and got banned. which i find stupid. i got kicked so many times. thats when i kno to stop. im just playing and i change my name and BOOM ban :( . i didnt even talk yet on that map. just when i get my name changed i get banned?
Riftoff wrote:One time after I was playing a lot of Advance Wars, I was eating dinner with my family when i randomly just stopped and waited for everyone else to take their turn, and then I realized eating wasn't turn based.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Unread post by GrimGriz »

As far as I'm concerned, if you think killing cops is a joke you can stay banned.

+2 cents
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Ghost »

i dont

and btw i got it from this video. at 4:19

MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

I knew shit was gonna hit the fan...
Alright ghost, people warned you. You micspammed A hell of a lot and also unmuted another micspammer. Honestly, how did you not see this coming?
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

we gave you chance after chance and the benefit of the doubt that you would stop since you are a Cc member.
i personally warned you twice verbally and by text in the chat box twice. i made a final warning that anyone who plays a sound clip from this point forward has earned themselves a ban. too much is too much. i banned you for 10 minutes, right after that gowness 10 minutes.

after your ban sentence is up you come back. i would have though that you would have just stayed quiet, and come in subtly. no. the first thing you do not a second after the screen says you joined BlUE, you play a sound clip. that to me would have been an hour ban +10 minutes. obviously you didnt learn anything when you were away. you change your name, and were banned. someone got to it before i did.

some jokes, are just not jokes. we are here to have fun, yes.

some days i dont care if you play sound clips even on the fun server. but when one person says stop. stop. fin, nothing, null, no more sound clips. unless you can get everyone to agree that its okay. dont do it.

+ .02

edit: ghost, im not directing this post to bash you or to put you down in any way. this is my recollection of what happened and my thoughts about the events that took place. i enjoy playing with everyone in Cc and our regulars. annoyances can be annoyances.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

I wasn't there that night, but the only punishment for a person like Ghost who unmutes themselves and continues to micspam is a ban. I don't see what the big deal is, breaking the rules = ban.
D34THSPAWN
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18527016

Unread post by D34THSPAWN »

I know that it annoys the hell out of me when people micspam...theres a rule about no mic spamming...i kick anyone who does it after i tell them to stop...if they come back and do it again i'll ban them...i've played with you enough to know that you mic spam like crazy no matter who tells you to stop...imho ban should stick for a while at least...

imagine yourself as a T-rex in a room full of T-ball poles and large soapy bubbles. Your stubby arms would render the pleasure-power of this room woefully out of reach.
z0th
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by z0th »

how long are the kick/ban times by default?
D34THSPAWN wrote:I know that it annoys the hell out of me when people micspam...theres a rule about no mic spamming...i kick anyone who does it after i tell them to stop.

this sounds fair to me. kick and ban times aside.

chances are, if its annoying you, its annoying every one else too.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

When selecting a ban, you can go anywhere from 10 minutes to a month. Unless specified, all bans are permanent. sm_ban @me will permaban myself, while sm_ban @me 1 will ban me for 1 minute.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Unread post by GrimGriz »

HuRtMePleNtY wrote: right after that gowness 10 minutes.
Someone check gowness' ban...I didn't see the 10 minutes in the chat when he was banned...I think it might have been inadvertantly permanent.
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Ghost »

i unmuted another micspammer??? anyway in response to everyone. i dont think i deserved a permaban. maybe a 30 min ban. but definatly not permaban. but i learned my lesson. im never micspamming again. unless everyone asks me to. which i doubt....

and btw im unbanned

edit: wow i really fucked up. now everyone hates me :(
D34THSPAWN
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18527016

Unread post by D34THSPAWN »

well at least you got the point...we'll hold you to that btw if you so much as even start a micspam i'm sending you viruses...right after i permaban you :P

imagine yourself as a T-rex in a room full of T-ball poles and large soapy bubbles. Your stubby arms would render the pleasure-power of this room woefully out of reach.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Ghost wrote:i unmuted another micspammer??? anyway in response to everyone. i dont think i deserved a permaban. maybe a 30 min ban. but definatly not permaban. but i learned my lesson. im never micspamming again. unless everyone asks me to. which i doubt....

and btw im unbanned

edit: wow i really fucked up. now everyone hates me :(
Permabans are USUALLY mistakes in banning another player. The only time I've seen a permaban used right is when the character was a hacker. If that ever happens to you for whatever reason, it was a mistake and somebody will unban you.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

Ghost wrote: edit: wow i really fucked up. now everyone hates me :(
we dont hate you ghost. lol
we just wanted to open your eyes a little to our point of view.

@ grimgriz: i banned gowness for 10 minutes i double check that kind of stuff when im typing it in chat , he came back much later around 2 am or so for a little while and then left without saying anything.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

z0th wrote:how long are the kick/ban times by default?
If you use the admin panel to do it, you have to pick a length. Command line you have to set a time and an unspecified time is permanant.

And yes, if you get muted for mic spamming, unmute yourself and then continue to mic spam you should be banned. I probably would have banned you sooner since I have personally banned you for this in the past.
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19897660

Unread post by Liquid Death »

Divine Fate wrote: The only time I've seen a permaban used right is when the character was a hacker..
Only time I've seen it used was by me, when the player was being a racist.
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Ghost »

captainangry wrote:
z0th wrote:how long are the kick/ban times by default?
If you use the admin panel to do it, you have to pick a length. Command line you have to set a time and an unspecified time is permanant.

And yes, if you get muted for mic spamming, unmute yourself and then continue to mic spam you should be banned. I probably would have banned you sooner since I have personally banned you for this in the past.
thats not why i was banned....
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12350156

Unread post by BigJohn 308 »

Ghost,
If I’m following this thread correctly, you made some mistakes, paid a sanction, offered atonement then had your gaming rights restored. Judging from this, it appears that you have received everything you requested. Reverberating the circumstances at this point would be moot and would likely only serve to reignite situation which now appears to be resolved. I believe that the intended points have been communicated and understood by all parties….So, just heed all the lessons learned and head in game.

Then - Less talking , more killing!
:raph:
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I'ma lock this and let it slide into oblivion.