Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

We value YOUR opinion!

Discuss maps and model creation and ideas.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

We value YOUR opinion!

Unread post by GrimGriz »

If you guys find yourself with the time, I'm positive the mappers that created the maps (like me) would greatly appreciate feedback in their map thread.

*SMOOCHES*

[spoiler]Except from Thursday...I can't imagine him saying anything useful about a map[/spoiler]
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: We value YOUR opinion!

Unread post by captainAngry »

Yeah, last night I spent a large chunk of my time defending our community to one of the mods on TF2maps.net.

They guy told everyone that our community was terrible for testing their maps because we flame everything we don't like. I got seriously pissed but I think I got it worked out now.

Anyway, leaving feedback on this forum or TF2maps.net is greatly appreciated. This forum has a thread for every single map on the server and I have no problem directing map makers here for feedback. I also spend a lot of time writing down peoples comments in-game and posting them on TF2maps on behalf of the community.
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Unread post by Original »

Yeah, I thought his post was kindof rude and almost said that, but I tried to restrain myself ;)

But I have been there testing on his maps various incarnations and he did get some slack from quite a few people. But hey, it's testing, it's free and it's honest.

I think maybe he just took it a little personal as he's spent alot of time on that map. And I like the map alot, but alot of the complaints are valid. What can you do?
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I really wanted to rip him a new one but I decided to do it over steam rather than in public. I am just glad my mods aren't tools that start bullshit flamewars.

I'm not too worried about it. I talked to Dr. Pepper last night and he said that when he played on our server, he had a good time so that's gotta be worth something. It's not like anything in that thread or anything map makers think about my server is going to change the way I find and test new maps. Unless they have good ideas that is.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

captainangry wrote:I really wanted to rip him a new one but I decided to do it over steam rather than in public. I am just glad my mods aren't tools that start bullshit flamewars.

I'm not too worried about it. I talked to Dr. Pepper last night and he said that when he played on our server, he had a good time so that's gotta be worth something. It's not like anything in that thread or anything map makers think about my server is going to change the way I find and test new maps. Unless they have good ideas that is.
Wild guess, he was the guy who made the batter_up map?

Anyway, as a suggestion to mappers making traditional maps (ie: no gimmicks, straightforward genre) you should put your map up for us to try as soon as possible. The reason for this being that most problems maps suffer from is layout. It's easier to redo a section of a map when it's an early alpha.
Thursday
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19029341

Unread post by Thursday »

I'm just going to change my name to FLAME ME one of these days.
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

Thursday wrote:I'm just going to change my name to FLAME ME one of these days.
agreed!
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw