Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

figured out y i was lagging

How may we help you?
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

figured out y i was lagging

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

ok so ya i figured out y and i have a plan to fix it permanently but i need your help.my lag was caused by my comp over heating (is what i am going to call it) and when i turn off my comp let it cool down then turn back on and play tf2 i can get 2-3 rounds in with no lag. so heres what i want u guys to help me do: i want help picking out a laptop cooling system type thing where it is a extra piece of equipment the goes on the bottom of my comp to help cool down the comp.
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
steiner949
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7276060

Re: figured out y i was lagging

Unread post by steiner949 »

There are a bunch of laptop cooling pads that you can get at like BestBuy or even online. Targus seems to make the best ones that I have seen, but I am sure that there are much better ones out there along with people that are more qualified to answer your question. But I was looking into buying one before my laptop's monitor went bat-shit crazy and decided to only leave a 2in. vertical band that I could see my screen.
Give the hardest job to the laziest person, and they will find the easiest way to do it.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

That makes a lot of sense and explains your lag problem. I know people that use those things. As far as I can tell, most of them are pretty much the same beyond astetic. They usually have 2 fans that blow air into the bottom of the laptop.

I would look for one that has fans where you have vents on the bottom of your laptop. A cheap one is probably fine because, in the end, it is just a peice of plastic with 2 fans inside.
steiner949
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7276060

Unread post by steiner949 »

Yeah, but make sure you get one from a company that has a decent rating. Check to see reviews on them because some fan bearings will crap out after a few months of use. Realyl what you could use is some kind of miniaturized air compressor that acts at the intake for your fans so that you can have a constant flow of air cooling. Works better IHMO than a fan, but the problem is it would be costly and highly cumbersome for something as simple as placing your laptop on it to play a game.
Give the hardest job to the laziest person, and they will find the easiest way to do it.