Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Polycount: The Good. The Bad, And The Stupid and Rich

General discussion about gaming.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Re: Polycount: The Good. The Bad, And The Stupid and Rich

Unread post by Beetle »

Dep. Redundency Dep. wrote:All you people do when you argue, with exception of BAMF, is just try to troll your way through it.
Ya know, I actually agree with you somewhat.

If its any consolation, I already had BAMF down voted way before this. For what you ask? I don't remember now, but I have my reasons...I think.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

Dep. Redundency Dep. wrote:All you people do when you argue, with exception of BAMF, is just try to troll your way through it.
In response to all those fearing an FPS/RPG merge into this game, can you provide any evidence, inside or outside the game, that a change to this is an awful idea, that will destroy all the fun in he game, and make you never want to play it ever again?

i don't like fpsrpgs i don't like fpsrpgs i don't like fpsrpgs. a lot of people don't. so i don't want tf2 to become an fpsrpg because I don't like them

This doesn't show a bit a reason, just an opinion. A very loud one.

Well, this is about our opinions, isn't it? What I'm saying is that I didn't enjoy Borderlands and the like, so I don't really want TF2 to go down that road because I still feel it's a damn good game, even if this update has made me lose some respect for valve (fucking crates), but if it became even more of an rpg, I won't play it all that much. So, to me, I wouldn't find the game fun, which would make me not want to play it, because the game is really made to be fun, not to have deep story lines. So, maybe not to everyone, but to me, I wouldn't like that much. Hopefully you can kind of understand what I'm trying to say here, because let's be honest, I sounded like a goddamn dumbass when I just repeated I don't like fpsrpgs.

This is the only point I wish to expand upon. What I was saying before was an opinion without a reason is just an ignorant statement. You provided an example, Borderlands. I'll agree with you in that Borderlands was not that much fun. Boring, repetitive, and not much to strive for in the long run. But I imagine a TF2 with RPG-esque elements, not a full blown RPG like borderlands. Basically, the RPG elements would act as a reason to keep playing the game. In the orginal statement, I didn't mean RPG as in a a story-incorporated mes pool of ideas centralized around RPG core elements with guns on the ends of sticks. Try to imagine it like this.

You have your stock rocket launcher, that you use a lot. Now the more you used it, not only the better it got, but you would be able to fine tune the rocket launcher to do what you want. Like make it go slower in favor of more splash damage, or do less damage against buildings in favor of making it do less rocket jump damage to yourself. Though getting kills, you can earn these modifications to specialize your gun.

I personally, think it would add a whole new fun element to the game, and if valve perfected it, they'd never have to create a new weapon ever again.
so basically you want to keep the skill tree abilities aspect of borderlands without all the crap that comes along with the story lines. it sounds like an interesting concept however i believe that valve won't go down this path, because i think valve is lazy and programming all that crap would get tedious.

i know my opinion is crap i do not need crap about it.

that is my 2 cents being thrown into the argument.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

BAMF wrote:
Riftoff wrote:Saying that you're losing votes is a good way to start losing more votes.
You are just too cool, you know that? Thanks for teaching me internet rules, then reminding me I don't give a shit! I mean you've proven you think you have a better taste in music then everyone, that you're infinitely smarter then everyone, and that you are just oh soo funny, but now you've shown you're better at the internet then everyone else! When will you stop being amazing?
Don't forget, he's shown that he's a better troll than everyone else here.

Awesome job, Riftoff, I actually laughed at this one. 8-) :pipe: :respek: 8-) :coffee:
Life is whatever.
Dep. Redundency Dep.
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19669957

Unread post by Dep. Redundency Dep. »

200 Crates

Congratulations Zamboni.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Dep. Redundency Dep. wrote:200 Crates

Congratulations Zamboni.
$500 later, they will all be opened and contents dispersed,
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

I swear, half of them are probably gonna be Gunslingers, and he's gonna rage. All I know is, he better record opening them.
Life is whatever.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Unread post by Egonny »

He will.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Egonny wrote:He will.
While he is, he should have whoever was singing him the 150 crate song on cp_desperados the other day...except he should sing it through the entire 200 openings of the crates.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

That guy already did that when he received his 200th crate, Beetle.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

200 crates in my pack, 200 crates.
take one out and open it up.
199 crates in my pack.
we should all sing this as he's opening them.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Unread post by Egonny »

spleenter wrote:200 crates in my pack, 200 crates.
take one out and open it up.
199 crates in my pack.
we should all sing this as he's opening them.
+1
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Riftoff wrote:That guy already did that when he received his 200th crate, Beetle.
yea but i mean while he's opening them all...until he gets to 0.
BAMF
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25128613
Xbox Gamer Tag: SomTervo

Unread post by BAMF »

Beetle wrote:
Ya know, I actually agree with you somewhat.

If its any consolation, I already had BAMF down voted way before this. For what you ask? I don't remember now, but I have my reasons...I think.
:argh: