Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Computer Shutting off Problem

How may we help you?
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Computer Shutting off Problem

Unread post by thedoghouse »

so, my computer shuts off when I leave it in sleep mode for too long, it doesn't do that when I log out though it doesn't shut itself off, this hasn't bugged me too much until now when I'm trying to install a game, it shuts itself off, and wont turn back on, so then I have to shut everything off, turn off the surge protector, and then turn everything back on.

I've tried turning off the screensaver, I've tried setting it to show the log-in screen when the screensaver come on, and then I take it off to go back to the actual desktop, that didn't work, I've tried almost everything I can think of, anyone else got ideas?

P.S. I've got vista, been trying to run it 16 bit but usually sets itself to 32, if that helps a t all
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Bathory
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19063796

Re: Computer Shutting off Problem

Unread post by Bathory »

/possibly useless post

But that is an incredibly odd issue you're having..
I'll look into it more because I secretly love you.
This heart winged, I am eagles son
Through storm and syite, untouched, it is pounding on
This sword, forged in fire and ice
The runes that trail its blade can be seen but by my two eyes

captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Are you sure it's off? I just got Win 7 and when it goes to sleep, sometimes it takes a bit to get it to come back. It looks like it is completely off but it doesn't always come back right away.

I was going to figure out exactly what it was looking for to come back but I have spent a minute mashing keys on the keyboard before it comes up. I believe it is related to me using a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Otherwise I have no idea.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

captainangry wrote:Are you sure it's off? I just got Win 7 and when it goes to sleep, sometimes it takes a bit to get it to come back. It looks like it is completely off but it doesn't always come back right away.

I was going to figure out exactly what it was looking for to come back but I have spent a minute mashing keys on the keyboard before it comes up. I believe it is related to me using a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Otherwise I have no idea.
my win 7 doesn't take any longer to come back from sleep, if faster. and it looks no different than vista's hibernate.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.