Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

My boyfriend is addicted to Aion

Discussion about anything.
Joe's Crab Shack
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24928034

Re: My boyfriend is addicted to Aion

Post by Joe's Crab Shack »

Sastora wrote:Nothing really happened, he just said that he got a girl friend and doesn't have time for tf2 anymore.
Until she dumps him
“Sane is boring.”
― R.A. Salvatore

“I used to be sane, then I got better.”
― Anonymous

"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
― John Russell
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Post by Sastora »

Well thats not very supportive. I hope they have a good relationship, although PJ can be a bully he deserves someone special.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Post by PhrozenFlame »

Sastora wrote:Nothing really happened, he just said that he got a girl friend and doesn't have time for tf2 anymore.
He also joined the military (or was called back to service can't remember).
Life is whatever.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Post by GrimGriz »

Rent the movie second skin the re-examine your situation.
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Post by AgeNt_ »

completely ignore him. time how long it takes him to realize that your ignoring him and break the news to him when he finds out. then make him feel like an ass.
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
Joe's Crab Shack
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24928034

Post by Joe's Crab Shack »

"Either you remove that game from your computer, or i remove your dick from your body"
“Sane is boring.”
― R.A. Salvatore

“I used to be sane, then I got better.”
― Anonymous

"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
― John Russell
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Post by captainAngry »

I got bored with Aion after about a month and a half but there were definitely times where I would play for 12+ hours at a time.

The only time when my GF got really upset with my video game playing was when I was playing a game called Travian. It is an online RTS game which means that the game would progress weather you were paying attention and logged in or not. I was the leader of a guild on there as well.

In the game you raise armys and can completely wipe out someones villages that they spent MONTHS building up in a single wave of attacks. By the end of it I would have to wake up at all hours of the night so I could send wheat (what the armys eat) from one of my villages to the other so they didn't starve.

Anyway, it was a rough couple months for me and my fiance. The problem I ran into is that since I was the leader of 60+ people if I quit our group would dissolve. I spent months building relationships with other groups and we were geared up to win the server by the time the game ended. I had taken a fun game that could have been a way to blow off steam and made it into a responsibility and got stuck. This is kind of a reoccurring theme with video games for me but I have learned a lot.

I wouldn't be too terribly worried about it. Give him a little time to blow off some steam. He will probably get bored soon since that game gets to be a huge grind after about lvl 28. You could also try Aion. Who knows, maybe you'll like it and you could turn it into something you could do together. MMOs are always better with a partner to level with.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Post by Hanzo_blade »

Indeed. He seemed to have stopped playing it for a while... few days without running it. Now I'm just confused why the sudden halt in playing it. Just in one day, an addiction can be gone?!
ImageImage
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Post by captainAngry »

I don't know if you have played an MMO before but it's just like any other RPG. At first you level really quickly. 10 levels in a few hours. Then it gets harder and harder to level and it starts to take a week of playing to gain a level.

At some point you start killing the same monsters over and over again for hours just to gain a little experience and it gets super boring. I just up and deleted my count at some point because I didn't want to log in and grind for hours anymore.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Post by Hanzo_blade »

yeah I've played guild wars. Tiz why MMO's aren't really appealing for me. Killing monsters over and over with little reward is boring...
*Click* -5 damage- w00t! *click* TEN damage! Im gettin somewhere. I think...
ImageImage
Duckwalk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:15126698

Post by Duckwalk »

yeah captain i played tribal wars for a few months. same idea as travian in the sense that the game continues to do shit even when ur not there. i found that, in the end, the game was more addictive than fun.

i would have to wake up at all hours of the night and stop doing things just to go send attacks and move troops around 1 or 2 of my 250 cities. it got to the point where i had to set alarms on my phone to go send attacks to a certain person because i read their profile and found out they live in butt fucking egypt and when it was like 7pm here i knew i could land attacks seeing as it was like 2am there and the person was likely asleep. same went for defending. id have to stay up till 3am defending attacks from cock bags on the west coast.

problem was that i refused to pay and buy a premium account so it finally got to the point where i would have to sit on the computer for 3 hours just to make sure all my towns were doing sumthing. so i quit and my life has been all the better.

Hanzo, i think ur best bet, if ur trying to get him away from the computer and do more stuff with him, is to just plan out a date, then tell him about it, then do it. i personally feel there are a lot of things out there that are worse to be addicted to besides fruity little mmos with fairys n shit. i.e. meth.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Post by Hanzo_blade »

Yes Duck you make a good point. Other things to worry about. Just at the time lot of other stuff going on that wasn't too pleasing too. The fact he has a completely different sleep schedule than me (bed at 9 or 10 AM waking up at 7 or 8 PM...) + Constant Aion was enough to make me rage at the time. Sleep thing is still a bugging issue, but less video games is making it a little easier to try and find time with each other.
ImageImage
Duckwalk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:15126698

Post by Duckwalk »

well i figure the best thing you can do is let him know how u feel without sounding whiny or berating him or his game. if hes not a turd he will make the right decision.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Post by thedoghouse »

Hanzo_blade wrote:yeah I've played guild wars. Tiz why MMO's aren't really appealing for me. Killing monsters over and over with little reward is boring...
no, you forgot the part where the other guy hits you once, then you run, then he kills you ;)

and I know when I first get it a game (especially single-player games) I play it like crazy until I beat it or get stuck then never touch it again
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
xxSushixx
Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:17469300
Xbox Gamer Tag: Grog95

Post by xxSushixx »

thedoghouse wrote:
Hanzo_blade wrote:yeah I've played guild wars. Tiz why MMO's aren't really appealing for me. Killing monsters over and over with little reward is boring...
no, you forgot the part where the other guy hits you once, then you run, then he kills you ;)

and I know when I first get it a game (especially single-player games) I play it like crazy until I beat it or get stuck then never touch it again
Isn't this the normal way to play video games??? :D
VillageSavant
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5138113

Post by VillageSavant »

my suggestion is to get away for the night.. some times it feels like same old same old, I dont know if Bed and Breakfast's is your thing. But something romantic like that may clear his head about whats important in life.
- Every village needs one. I'm the best at what I do.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Post by thedoghouse »

VillageSavant wrote:my suggestion is to get away for the night.. some times it feels like same old same old, I dont know if Bed and Breakfast's is your thing. But something romantic like that may clear his head about whats important in life.
if that doesn't work hide his disc or hard drive until he listens to you
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝