Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Zombie Infection?

Discussion about anything.
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10048976
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vian0

Re: Zombie Infection?

Unread post by Viano »

Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote: I'm sure we will all manage in case of zombie invasion.
You couldn't be more wrong with a coal powered wronging machine (patent pending). 90% of everyone will be dead from the initial virus, those immune to airborne strands most will be killed by the zombies themselves.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12350156

Unread post by BigJohn 308 »

Guy Montag wrote:
UPDATE: Viano told me the Republic of Montag ain't gonna fly. What the government of our emergent nation will be is either a republic under me or a warlord system under Viano.

Viano for Presi….errr, Warlord!!!
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20067578

Unread post by Ex-PFC Wintergreen »

Viano wrote:
Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote: I'm sure we will all manage in case of zombie invasion.
You couldn't be more wrong with a coal powered wronging machine (patent pending). 90% of everyone will be dead from the initial virus, those immune to airborne strands most will be killed by the zombies themselves.

Excuse me for being the optimist. I was just comforting all the goners. I'll be fine I got guns a plenty around here and I am a decent shot.
At least I don't have flies in my eyes.
Joe's Crab Shack
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24928034

Unread post by Joe's Crab Shack »

Liquid Death wrote:Since zombies are dead, and therefore generate no body heat, if we go to Alaska or far northern Canada their bodily fluids should freeze rendering them immobile. Also if they are somehow working without bloodflow then we would just have to wait it out a few days so that their blood can coagulate.
Remember that the dead zombies can still go on even though thir blood is coagulated. And the infected....well those fuckers can burst into a run.
“Sane is boring.”
― R.A. Salvatore

“I used to be sane, then I got better.”
― Anonymous

"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
― John Russell
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

I'll catch the CapAngry Van (come on with a beard like that he has to have a zombie-killing Volkswagen) coming down from Minneapolis, and hole up at BigJohn's place.
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Unread post by Original »

Joes_crab_shack wrote:
Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:That may be so but his house does not have the gulf of Mexico as a moat.
A couple problems. An oil rig in the gulf of Mexico is a bad place to be in case of a major hurricane.
Actually the biggest problem, that we all know from watching movies is that 1 of these hundreds will have already been bitten.
Selfishly, and foolishly, they decide they don't want to be alone with the zombies and be consumed. So they wrap up their wound and hide it from everyone else.
Thus making it to the oil rig before they change.
Once they change it is only a short amount of time before everyone else on the rig gets turned.

So really the best thing to do in a zombie apocolypse is just to get turned fast and get it over with. Nobody ever survives.
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Unread post by Original »

Guy Montag wrote:I wish I had that picture. And no, I won't, you'll get eaten.

UPDATE: Viano told me the Republic of Montag ain't gonna fly. What the government of our emergent nation will be is either a republic under me or a warlord system under Viano.
They only 'republic of Montag' I see happening is one guy sitting in a basement shivering while the hoardes gather outside.
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

TO BIG JOHN'S HOUSE AWAY!
Life is whatever.
steiner949
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7276060

Unread post by steiner949 »

BigJohn, what part of Eastern Ohio, I am originally from Youngstown area I might know the town.
Give the hardest job to the laziest person, and they will find the easiest way to do it.
Rage Quit Master

Unread post by Rage Quit Master »

if a zombie invasion breaks out i would right away ask wintergreen to protect me :D
Alphaphail
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

BigJohn, what part of Eastern Ohio, I am originally from Youngstown area I might know the town.

A thriving megalopolis midway between Cadiz OH & Wheeling WV. :stupid: We have no signs indicating to travelers that they are in our cosmopolitan township, because we ‘figure that anybody who needs to know where they are, already know where they are. :?

;)
Rage Quit Master

hey bigjohn how about if your a zombie would you still notice cc members?
Alphaphail
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I think he'd specificlly target the most annoying cC members starting with either Auslander for killing him or Hellfire.
Life is whatever.
Rage Quit Master

*Votes hellfire*
Alphaphail
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

*Votes OPrime*
Life is whatever.
Rage Quit Master

PhrozenFlame wrote:*Votes OPrime*
*Votes Hellfire and OPrime* :woop:
Alphaphail
tHeReAlSuSaN
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19560363
Xbox Gamer Tag: Jess DA MEXICAN

Unread post by tHeReAlSuSaN »

This is the thing, if you were in a tank in a museum it would be likely to have no gas in it. The amount of gas that you would need to drive it through a wall (assuming to big for a door) and to a gas station would be quite a lot. What you would have to do would fill up the bed of a truck with several cans of gas so that you can make it to a gas station then fight off zombies while you fill er' up. You would be very vunerable at this time due to the fact that you would have little to no coverage. Then if you survived all of this and made it to the castle more then likely the girls in the school would be infected. The amount of ammo you would need to kill all of them would be quite a lot. Then you would have to go back to your original ammo supply, i believe that is an army base, and gather as much ammo as you can where you would be vunerable again. Then you would need to go get more gas for your tanks and trucks (carrying ammo). If you made it back to the castle there would be the issue of food. Sure the castle would have a small stockpile of food but you would have to go to a local grocery store. The food that you would get could perhaps be infected, determined by type of virus, then you would have to go to a biology lab to find the proper equipment for determining infection or not. You would have to do this several times a month (depending upon how many people in the castle). Then you would have to get more gas...then the gas station runs out of gas. You now have to drive to a farther gas station. Soon after the grocery store would run out of non perishable food that was edible. You would have to go to a farther grocery store. Thus the amount of gas needed would exponentially increase until eventually you ran out of gas. Then you would have to travel by foot and get pwned. Not only this but how would you maintain power so you can cook and see zombies incoming towards your castle. What about sanitation? The plumbing would soon stop working then where would you shit so it would not contaminate you or your food and water. Eventually, youd have to move to another location without vehicles and then you would definently die.

Now that I have that out of the way my plan...

Barricade a rather large farm in the middle of the breadbasket. There I would cultivate the land and breed livestock. For defense I would need a nearby forest so I could fashion crossbows and other primitive weapons. After this is complete I would need to make sure that I would have a pure source of water, preferably that of an underground rain water well. I would last virtually forever due to the small population of zombies surrounding me and the self sustainablity of my farm. Therefore I do not have the flashiest plan but more then likely it will succeed.

I Win
What ev ,What ev, I do what I want...
-Eric Cartman
Rage Quit Master

haha im tired of reading those really long debates it hurts my eyes ill read it LATER!! :)
Alphaphail
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

AlphaPhail wrote:hey bigjohn how about if your a zombie would you still notice cc members?

Humnmm… I’m not sure. I’ll have to ask some of the people I work with….They bare an uncanny resemblance to Zombies, especially when I need them to forward project guidance and support documents to my office so I can commence appropriate planning.

If anybody would have an answer to that question, surely they would! :shock:

(Little inside joke there) :barf:
Rage Quit Master

XD haha the joke is the documents isnt it? :woop:
Alphaphail
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Viano »

The tanks do have fuel along with the other vehicles like the APC and Ferrets, hell Montag learned how to use one at the tank museum. I said in my description we're raiding a Costco and trust me there's ALOT of food and supplies there more then could feed us for a long long time and in huge bulk. You said we'd be vulnerable while traveling, last I checked tanks and APC's aren't too vulnerable to scratching and biting. I'm working plans on this for the WWZ scenario meaning food isn't infected and if it was your crops are just as stupid. Plus the school actually has its own well system.

With your plan how are you by yourself going to barricade the farm and the crop? with what? I also seriously doubt you can make a crossbow yourself just by finding shit in the woods. Where there's one farm there are others so there will be zombies and I doubt your going to be able to just club them all to death so easily. Do you live near said farms in the first place? Whats your transport? Have fun cultivating your own food if you even know how and without any equipment once you run out of fuel or any of it needs repairs.
tHeReAlSuSaN

Viano wrote:The tanks do have fuel along with the other vehicles like the APC and Ferrets, hell Montag learned how to use one at the tank museum. I said in my description we're raiding a Costco and trust me there's ALOT of food and supplies there more then could feed us for a long long time and in huge bulk. You said we'd be vulnerable while traveling, last I checked tanks and APC's aren't too vulnerable to scratching and biting. I'm working plans on this for the WWZ scenario meaning food isn't infected and if it was your crops are just as stupid. Plus the school actually has its own well system.

With your plan how are you by yourself going to barricade the farm and the crop? with what? I also seriously doubt you can make a crossbow yourself just by finding shit in the woods. Where there's one farm there are others so there will be zombies and I doubt your going to be able to just club them all to death so easily. Do you live near said farms in the first place? Whats your transport? Have fun cultivating your own food if you even know how and without any equipment once you run out of fuel or any of it needs repairs.
Alright why in gods name would you keep a tank in a museum that has gas in it...
I am not debating the amount of food at a costco however most of it is perishable and how would achieve the essential vitamins provided from fruits and veggies, which spoil? I said you would be vulnerable while filling up your tank with gas not traveling. The zombie could knock out the gas hose and then you would have to get out of the tank and protect the gas line.

I would build barricades out of anything available trees, vehicles, whatever. No, I do not plan on going by myself. Im assuming that the farm would have a small shop to fix and or make tools. I would find experts on making medieval weapons and take them with me. I would have a small amount of fields due to the small amount of people I have with me so therefore I could cultivate a small amount of area. Im assuming that not all of the farmers would be infected and I would take a few so that they could teach us how to farm. While there would be farmers there would no doubt be less people then in a large city. Therefore I would not need to build complicated barricades or make an enormous amount of complex weapons. I am also sure that every day farming implements could be used as weapons (i.e. Ho's, Picks, Hammers, etc.).

The fact of the matter is, that you have a far larger amount of zombies to deal with. You also have low visibility due to the large amount of buildings in small areas. Finally, pherhaps the food could be infected through direct contact with zombies.

Yes I do live near said farms. My original transportation would be a car which would then be implemented into the barricade.
:roll:
-Eric Cartman
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

If all the people in the cities are Zombies with the exception of four, who is working at the power plant that generates the electricity?
tHeReAlSuSaN

Nobody
-Eric Cartman
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Then why are the street lights still on in L4D?
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Viano »

The Tanks have gas because they put shows on their they have a fuel supply there. A lot may be perishable, but a whole lot isn't and the place I'm going isn't a city like Toronto, its a town there really aren't that many buildings clustered together. The essential nutrients and vitamins needed, well canned fruits and vegetables for starters then a whole lot can be taken in vitamin form. Vulnerable while filling up that tank but hell that's what guns are for. We may have more zombies to deal with but much bigger guns and vehicles to handle that.

Your assuming that some farmers would be alive well you know what they say when you assume especially when you want to pick apart my plan for assumptions I make. Build a barricade out of trees, with an axe good luck with that. Saying "I would find experts on making medieval weapons and take them with me" is just about the dumbest thing in any zombie contingency plan I've ever heard.
Phrawger
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20205655

Unread post by Phrawger »

I've always considered going to a Home Depot in the wake of a Zombie outbreak, assuming it hadn't been swarmed already. Lots of big blunt objects and tools for barricades, sharp things for weapons, huge jugs of water (usually made for those office water coolers) and the occasional vending machine for food. A good defensive base but not necessarily a good spot for long term survival, it could be used as a resource hub of sorts.

Plus there's a McDonalds and some chinese restaurants near the closest Home Depot to me, so food's good.

Obviously not built for everybody, but hey, it'd work for me.

Downside that I've got is there's now only one route out of my neighborhood by car due to convoluted road plans, so getting to the Home Depot in the first place could take some doing. That and I've got no firearms or real weapons except some shuriken, nunchucks, tonfa, and a couple staffs that dad has in the attic, plus a pocketknife or two which are useless due to the close range that they'd need to be used at. Strap a kitchen knife or something to one end of the staff, maybe, but eh. All speculation.

I don't see myself living too long.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I would find experts on making medieval weapons and take them with me.
You're assuming they want to go with you from the start. Most people would want to be with thier loved ones then proceed to a "safe" zone designated by the military.
Life is whatever.
Rage Quit Master

PhrozenFlame wrote:
I would find experts on making medieval weapons and take them with me.
You're assuming they want to go with you from the start. Most people would want to be with thier loved ones then proceed to a "safe" zone designated by the military.
agreed if i had to make medieval weapons for someone i would mooch off more then the others :)
Alphaphail
tHeReAlSuSaN

I know them and they would go with me because we are best freinds
-Eric Cartman