Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Zombie Infection?

Discussion about anything.
Rage Quit Master

Zombie Infection?

Unread post by Rage Quit Master »

Just kidding... maybe soo im just wondering if a zombie outbreak actually occured what would you do during this time? please dont leave out any gory details :D
Alphaphail
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Re: Zombie Infection?

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

The week before the zombie outbreak starts, all cC members will bring as much water, food, and clothing as we can and camp it out at bigjohn's.
Life is whatever.
Rage Quit Master

PhrozenFlame wrote:The week before the zombie outbreak starts, all cC members will bring as much water, food, and clothing as we can and camp it out at bigjohn's.
umm where's bigjohn's? lol i live a california :)
Alphaphail
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19897660

Unread post by Liquid Death »

Hopefully Big John has enough room for everybody
[DAWN]HellFire
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25080918
Xbox Gamer Tag: coltalmighty

Unread post by [DAWN]HellFire »

My house is fucking huge.

In fact that's a good idea. We could have an actual event so that all the cC member meet up. Call it "cC Meetup" !
--Banned Calculated Chaos Member--
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12350156

Unread post by BigJohn 308 »

I have plenty of room in the barn - and there is even electricity, so bring your laptops! ;)
Rage Quit Master

BigJohn 308 wrote:I have plenty of room in the barn - and there is even electricity, so bring your laptops! ;)
haha where you live?
Alphaphail
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12350156

Unread post by BigJohn 308 »

VERY Rural Eastern Ohio.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

[DAWN]HellFire wrote:My house is fucking huge.

In fact that's a good idea. We could have an actual event so that all the cC member meet up. Call it "cC Meetup" !
Yeah but you're only 13 and I doubt your mom would enjoy having a bunch of strangers you "Met on the internet" in your house.
Life is whatever.
Joe's Crab Shack
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24928034

Unread post by Joe's Crab Shack »

Ive got a preset destination in a remote area of Oklahoma that ive been invited to go to if at anytime something "catastrophic" is to occur.
“Sane is boring.”
― R.A. Salvatore

“I used to be sane, then I got better.”
― Anonymous

"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
― John Russell
[DAWN]HellFire
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25080918
Xbox Gamer Tag: coltalmighty

Unread post by [DAWN]HellFire »

PhrozenFlame wrote:

Yeah but you're only 13 and I doubt your mom would enjoy having a bunch of strangers you "Met on the internet" in your house.
Who says my mother wouldn't be a zombie?
--Banned Calculated Chaos Member--
Rage Quit Master

[DAWN]HellFire wrote:
PhrozenFlame wrote:

i bet my parents would go anywhere if there was a zombie invasion... its no time to be reasonable
Alphaphail
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

[DAWN]HellFire wrote:
PhrozenFlame wrote:

Because if she's a zombie, we have to assume YOU'RE A ZOMBIE.
Life is whatever.
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20067578

Unread post by Ex-PFC Wintergreen »

In case of a zombie infection I'm racing over to all the local gun stores for guns and ammo. (I have always wanted a P-90 and a good shotgun maybe a mossberg 500 or 590) After that its a mad dash with my dad to the local military base because its not as crowded as the airport and he used to fly for the marines. Then we fly to one of the oil rigs at the coast because they have helicopter fuel and supplies for a long time and if we are lucky a good phone or radio.
At least I don't have flies in my eyes.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Once again,

Big John's gun collection>Military.
Life is whatever.
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

That may be so but his house does not have the gulf of Mexico as a moat.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

Winter is so right!!!
I think we should build on an unused oil rig. Like a huge house like the Weasleys in Harry Potter. And we can all bring supplies.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
Joe's Crab Shack
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:That may be so but his house does not have the gulf of Mexico as a moat.
A couple problems. An oil rig in the gulf of Mexico is a bad place to be in case of a major hurricane.

Secondly, if human nature is an indicator of anything, most people down here along the gulf states realize how much protection oil rigs would offer in this kind of emergency. So now you have hundreds, if not thousands of people in boats swarming the gulf looking to take refuge in them, which will invariably lead to firefights.

Thirdly, if these "zombies", "infected", whatever you call them stay true to their theoretical incarnations, then they can not only walk or crawl along the bottom of the sea floor, but also find objects and climb up them.

And fourthly, you have a good supply of food and water for some time, but take into consideration that animals are highly in tune with nature and danger. If these infected do indeed crawl along the seafloor, the fish and other marine life will be driven away by their presence, forcing you to go out in different areas of the gulf to look for prime fishing spots. If you do this, then you run the gamble of being caught in a major storm, or even pirates of the people i aformentioned looking for food and/or water.

So an oil rig would be a safe haven for a while, but depending on how long the infestation goes along, it could become a prison.
“Sane is boring.”
― R.A. Salvatore

― Anonymous

― John Russell
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

Well then we'll just have to build our own little haven somewhere.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
Joe's Crab Shack
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Sastora wrote:Well then we'll just have to build our own little haven somewhere.
Somewhere cold, regardless of wether one is alive or not, the cold can still freeze bodies. The only thing you will have to watch out for is the spring, when they start to thaw.
“Sane is boring.”
― R.A. Salvatore

― Anonymous

― John Russell
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10048976
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vian0

Unread post by Viano »

I have about 3 main plans and I'll just start with my favorite regardless if technically speaking its probably the worst. Day the outbreaks start even if they aren't directly announced the news has basic warning signs, start getting prepared grab any weapons I have on hand (In my case a Machete and Baseball bat). Grab whatever stuff I need from the house grab my cell and start calling around to form a group. Steal my neighbors Ford F-150 cause it has more power and cargo space then the cars around here and get rolling.

Meet up with Montag and assorted others (yet to be decided but keep a small team maybe 5 at most). Then we get driving to the Tank Museum that's close by. Even without the ammo or anything it's still a fucking tank. Montag has access to a few guns but my aims a little higher so we take our caravan of death and drive over to the army base and get some real guns and medical supplies.

Then we need to set up a base of operations so we're going to Trafalgar Castle. Its a nearby...well fucking castle, with big metal and stone fence surrounding a big ass castle. we get in side set up some guns establish what food they have there and we'll set up runs to the near by costco for supplies en mass. Then hold out there for as long as possible, one thing i forgot to mention about a big bonus of Trafalgar Castle, It's also an all girls boarding school. If time permits I also want to build an acid moat.

Pros: I get a tank and a castle full of girls.

Cons: The coordination would be key and until I have a solid team with a bit of training it will be hard. Plus a lot of the areas are at least fairly populated.

(This plan is according to World War Z and other real zombies, slow and stupid not infected sprinting mother fuckers)
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22049012

Unread post by Wamp Rats »

Grab an M14 from a local gunshop, stock up on ammo, get a scoped crossbow, fuckin go to selfridge air base, fuck y'all i got an army near me
Guy Montag
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19053068

Unread post by Guy Montag »

Regarding Viano's plan, it is also my favourite. My know-how of working/driving a tank will give us a decisive advantage over zombies (and fellow survivors), and I'm pretty sure I could teach Viano enough about tank-driving so we can make off with a small armoured convoy. Going to the castle will be totally awesome, as it is defensible (and full of women, but that's definitely not the primary purpose of going there).

I can provide a small arsenal in my dad's collection of WW2-era guns, which are incidentally among the best when it comes to battling zombies. Viano can provide his ability to intimidate/beat people up, and Brael (who will probably come along with us too) can provide his blowtorch. We'll be in a prime position to rebuild civilization under the Republic of Montag.

Pros:
-I'm indispensable cuz of the vehicles
-TANKS
-Good holdout place
-TANKS

Cons:
-Lots of driving involved, ergo lots of traffic
-Having tanks makes fuel a major issue
-Going to two places that will probably have lots of people around them
-Have to make sure the flag of the Republic of Montag is suitably cool looking

You guys are welcome to join us in our fortress if you're around Toronto when the apocalypse begins.
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

why that's just a hop and a skip over ECKSBAWX HUEG great lakes for me!

I would be glad to join you

but You'll have to drive me closer so i can hit them with my sword
Guy Montag
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19053068

Unread post by Guy Montag »

I wish I had that picture. And no, I won't, you'll get eaten.

UPDATE: Viano told me the Republic of Montag ain't gonna fly. What the government of our emergent nation will be is either a republic under me or a warlord system under Viano.
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I fuckin read the zombie survival guide

4 times

i'm TOTALLY prepared for this shit
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Joes_crab_shack wrote:
Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:That may be so but his house does not have the gulf of Mexico as a moat.
A couple problems. An oil rig in the gulf of Mexico is a bad place to be in case of a major hurricane.

Secondly, if human nature is an indicator of anything, most people down here along the gulf states realize how much protection oil rigs would offer in this kind of emergency. So now you have hundreds, if not thousands of people in boats swarming the gulf looking to take refuge in them, which will invariably lead to firefights.

Thirdly, if these "zombies", "infected", whatever you call them stay true to their theoretical incarnations, then they can not only walk or crawl along the bottom of the sea floor, but also find objects and climb up them.

And fourthly, you have a good supply of food and water for some time, but take into consideration that animals are highly in tune with nature and danger. If these infected do indeed crawl along the seafloor, the fish and other marine life will be driven away by their presence, forcing you to go out in different areas of the gulf to look for prime fishing spots. If you do this, then you run the gamble of being caught in a major storm, or even pirates of the people i aformentioned looking for food and/or water.

So an oil rig would be a safe haven for a while, but depending on how long the infestation goes along, it could become a prison.

Dude, you thought this through but so have I. The sharks (which the gulf is full of) will eat the zombies and the oil rigs are actually built to withstand hurricanes. plus, the rigs are close enough together that we will have plenty of room and supplies on multiple rigs if we have a helicopter. plus people cant simply walk under water and if they could they would be crushed by the pressure.
Joe's Crab Shack
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:
Joes_crab_shack wrote:

Dude, you thought this through but so have I. The sharks (which the gulf is full of) will eat the zombies and the oil rigs are actually built to withstand hurricanes. plus, the rigs are close enough together that we will have plenty of room and supplies on multiple rigs if we have a helicopter. plus people cant simply walk under water and if they could they would be crushed by the pressure.
But dont forget that animals have that sense, including sharks, that something like a diseased being or living dead creature, im sure they would stay away from. The only thing that would "eat" them would be bacteria. Sharks dont like the taste of humans to begin with, now think about a dead human that is basically a walking disease, even sharks wont deal with it.

Now the multiple rig idea would suffice, but then you have the problem of other groups claiming them first and wanting to run things their way instead of yours, or not wanting to share what resources they have. Again with the human trouble, you would have to get your group to them first, then defend them from anyone else who wants to take them by force, or wants to get on them when theres no room. And after you run out of helicopter fuel (even though you are on an oil rig) you cannot put pure crude into a fuel tank, it needs to be processed and refined, and even if we assume the rig has the neccesary equipment to do it, how confident are you in your own ability, or the average Joe's ability to create it?

The only option i would see is going to the mainland to get fuel (assuming it hasnt been looted by military or civilians) and even then you would have to know where, and how to get it.

Its a clever idea, but you need to make sure all the bases and contingencies are covered.
“Sane is boring.”
― R.A. Salvatore

― Anonymous

― John Russell
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Well it sounds like your doing that for me. I'm sure we will all manage in case of zombie invasion.
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19897660

Unread post by Liquid Death »

Since zombies are dead, and therefore generate no body heat, if we go to Alaska or far northern Canada their bodily fluids should freeze rendering them immobile. Also if they are somehow working without bloodflow then we would just have to wait it out a few days so that their blood can coagulate.