Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

World Ends in 2012

Discussion about anything.
[DAWN]HellFire
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25080918
Xbox Gamer Tag: coltalmighty

World Ends in 2012

Unread post by [DAWN]HellFire »

I've been hearing a lot on this topic recently, seeing it on TV, reading about it in books and magazines, and personally I think that just because one guy thinks that the world is gonna suddenly blow up and kill everyone is a little ridiculous. I mean, come on people, there just isn't enough evidence that the world would just end out of nowhere, I know people say it might be related to global warming, but thats just not serious enough to end the world so suddenly.

Discuss it, ya fucknuts.
--Banned Calculated Chaos Member--
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10048976
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vian0

Re: World Ends in 2012

Unread post by Viano »

Well there are at least 6 possible 2012 world ending theories I've heard not just one. But I don't believe any of them in the slightest.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22049012

Unread post by Wamp Rats »

Zombie apocalypse?
[DAWN]HellFire

Wamp Rats wrote:Zombie apocalypse?
I actually wouldn't mind fighting off hordes of zombies every day
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Heh, they've said that about every someodd year. "OH TEH NOEZ IT'S Y2K." And I thought this topic was about the soon to be movie 2012. D:
Life is whatever.
Rage Quit Master

Unread post by Rage Quit Master »

hmm global warming? really? i mean come on thats more of a... 2050 scenario and we are cutting the carbon dioxide a bit... hybrids prius those weird lightbulbs recycling so we got time... i think

well the mayan calander said... rebirth at december 31 2012 i donno it might be just for them not us... the way i think of it is the mayans are going to attack us? mayans vs world hmm whos gonna win?
Alphaphail
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Unread post by GrimGriz »

I personally like to believe that the world will be fine but humanity will be wiped out....but I take self-loathing to the species level :)
Rage Quit Master

hmmm if there is a zombie invasion theres a small team in lousina preparing for one :D

my brother would be all over the zombie invasion in 2012 he keeps talking about it
Alphaphail
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

2012 is when all the mosquitos will decide to stop sucking our blood.. duh.

but my crazy germaphobe success teacher thinks its going to be the swine flu.
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7761101

Unread post by arkawn »

global warming is more of a 3462 scenario
Rage Quit Master

arkawn wrote:global warming is more of a 3462 scenario
your not serious right? scientists predicted end of ice caps at 2050 if we keep up the pollution maybe its delayed i donno
Alphaphail
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

If the Mayans are right, then that means the world also begins in 2012 so I couldn't care less.
Rage Quit Master

MrKerplunkers wrote:If the Mayans are right, then that means the world also begins in 2012 so I couldn't care less.
lol that is kinda rite...
Alphaphail
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

NOOOO!!!!! NOT 2012!!!! thats the year i graduate from highschool.

but seriously no1 can accurately predict when everything will end.
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by arkawn »

AlphaPhail wrote:
arkawn wrote:global warming is more of a 3462 scenario
your not serious right? scientists predicted end of ice caps at 2050 if we keep up the pollution maybe its delayed i donno

lol please

link to credible source for this information
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Also Alpha here's a PROTIP: Wikipedia doesn't count as a credible source as anyone can change it.
Life is whatever.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

PhrozenFlame wrote:Also Alpha here's a PROTIP: Wikipedia doesn't count as a credible source as anyone can change it.
Although it doesn't count as technically "credible", it is still a valuable resource due to it's information output and many MANY links to outside locations (which are credible).
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20067578

Unread post by Ex-PFC Wintergreen »

Alright, here is how the world ends: Joe Biden slips and presses the big red button starting a global thermonuclear war and the subsequent fallout kills all the non-targeted nations.
At least I don't have flies in my eyes.
Rage Quit Master

PhrozenFlame wrote:Also Alpha here's a PROTIP: Wikipedia doesn't count as a credible source as anyone can change it.
i got the source from the news not wikipedia... :stupid:
Alphaphail
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by arkawn »

you know the world still puts out more gasses itself than we do right

like volcanos
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Global warming is a scam, at least a little bit. Fearmongering is the best way to get people to listen to you. Eventually, if enough people belive something, people accept it as a fact.

The truth is that the climate is getting warmer and it is killing things. People just don't relize that just because we have a written history doesn't mean that things like the climate aren't going to change. Species have an impact where they live and organizims adapt to survive in that new environment. Thats how shit works.

The best 2012 theory I have heard was based on the Mayan calendar. The Mayan calendar is all based on astrological events and planet alignments. That culture was so ahead of its time that the actually killed itself out of existance because the place they lived could no longer support them.

Anyway, what some people belive is that at the end of their calender, the axis of the earth will shift causing everything to get fucked up in a matter of hours. The seas will want to be in different places, time will be messed up, it will be hot where it is cold now, etc. It probably won't happen but you can rest assured, if it did happen you might as well be playing video games because there wouldn't be anything you could do about it.
[DAWN]HellFire

captainangry wrote:Global warming is a scam, at least a little bit. Fearmongering is the best way to get people to listen to you. Eventually, if enough people belive something, people accept it as a fact.

The truth is that the climate is getting warmer and it is killing things. People just don't relize that just because we have a written history doesn't mean that things like the climate aren't going to change. Species have an impact where they live and organizims adapt to survive in that new environment. Thats how shit works.

The best 2012 theory I have heard was based on the Mayan calendar. The Mayan calendar is all based on astrological events and planet alignments. That culture was so ahead of its time that the actually killed itself out of existance because the place they lived could no longer support them.

Anyway, what some people belive is that at the end of their calender, the axis of the earth will shift causing everything to get fucked up in a matter of hours. The seas will want to be in different places, time will be messed up, it will be hot where it is cold now, etc. It probably won't happen but you can rest assured, if it did happen you might as well be playing video games because there wouldn't be anything you could do about it.
Thank you for taking this topic seriously unlike the latter posters. The 2012 situation has a lot of cited opinions and thoughts about it, like that "Oh, the swine flu is gonna cause some kinda zombie breakout..." there will be NO zombies. no. it's not gonna happen. But so far captain's opinion on the topic is the most logical one I've seen so far. I agree with him.
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12350156

Unread post by BigJohn 308 »

Global warming… This June, July & August , I’ve had the air conditioning on for about a week where I normally turn it on in the end of May and leave it on all summer. At first, I thought… what a bunch or morons, the world is not “warming” where are they getting this sh*t? Then I realize the brilliance of the scheme. Hype everybody up into believing that the world is gonna end because of manufacturing and automobiles, then come out with “Cap & Trade” A program where existing industries continue to do what they have been doing their whole existence, except that they have to buy “Carbon Credits” from Al Gore, who is already posed to “Monitor Compliance” – all while cashing the hefty checks the industries spend for their operating license.
So, basically – Global warming, something which does not exist, is needed to justify Cap & Trade, a tax which will be used to fund a complex regulatory system, which will be presided over by Al Gore and a bowl of far left fruit loops who are already in position to manage the monies generated from the licensing.

This is BRILLIANT!! I wish I thought of it! Now I know why Mr. Al Gore’s 21 car garage is both heated and air conditioned!

In the interest of keeping this post brief, I’ll skip my rants on the world ending in 2012 because it already ended at 0001 Hrs, 01 January 2000 because of the Y2K bug. – Then there was the Hale Bopp Comet – then the time the planets were all in a straight line... The list of Doomsdays is long, but seemingly the only commonality is that it never happens.

BTW>>> After the Blizzard of 1978, the TV was abuzz about how we were entering a “Second Ice Age”. That didn’t happen either.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Hey alpha here's another. Newscasters often exagerate the news to gain views. I want sientific evidence not the news.
Life is whatever.
Rage Quit Master

[DAWN]HellFire wrote:
captainangry wrote:Global warming is a scam, at least a little bit. Fearmongering is the best way to get people to listen to you. Eventually, if enough people belive something, people accept it as a fact.

Thank you for taking this topic seriously unlike the latter posters. The 2012 situation has a lot of cited opinions and thoughts about it, like that "Oh, the swine flu is gonna cause some kinda zombie breakout..." there will be NO zombies. no. it's not gonna happen. But so far captain's opinion on the topic is the most logical one I've seen so far. I agree with him.

no zombies?!!!! :cry:
Alphaphail
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Three words: Global Thermonuclear War
Rage Quit Master

Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:Three words: Global Thermonuclear War
One word FAIL! :woop:
Alphaphail
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

All in saying is that making an atomic bomb isn't that hard and the South Africans have enough material. If some hardliner racists get their hands on it there could be nuclear war.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Four words: Big John's Fallout Shelter.
Life is whatever.
Guy Montag
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19053068

Unread post by Guy Montag »

The world is getting warmer. The sea levels are rising.

They don't have to rise much. The vast majority of the world's agricultural production comes from places ~5 meters above sea level. With these regions being flooded, rice production in southeast asia (most importantly China, India, and Pakistan) will be severely crippled, if not destroyed. This is especially bad for China who has the majority of its population along its southern coast. This would force the Communist Party to relocate a sizeable population to either its west (mountainous/overall terrible) or the north, which, with warmer temperatures, would make for some relatively fertile ground.

The issue comes from the fact that this would bring a chunk of the Chinese population perilously to close to Russian-claimed but not necessarily Russian-inhabited Siberia. Given the massive mineral/boreal wealth of this region and its becoming more accessible due to warming temperatures, combined with the pressure of effectively settling several hundred million people, along with the unstable nature of the Russian Federation make a wonderful setting for a war. Not necessarily a nuclear one, although both belligerents would be nuclear-armed.

And that's saying nothing of the interesting tensions it'd create between Pakistan and India, two nations that are already eager to wipe each other out. Good thing is we in North America would be pretty safe.