Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Chaos, CHAOS!

How may we help you?

CC Falling to hell in a hamster ball?

Yes.
65%
No.
35%

Total votes: 20

Bathory
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19063796

Chaos, CHAOS!

Unread post by Bathory »

I've been playing on Cc for some time now, and more lately, i've noticed that the server.. is falling in a hellhole.

Extreme mic-spam
Un-punished trolls
Team killings going unhandled
Unnecessary votebans/mutes/kicks

What is the purpose of having admins if they aren't going to keep some peace?
Just today, I was almost votebanned 4 times by one guy, and another later on. And for nothing. Oddly enough I was still almost banned, because people like to be dicks, or they are to lazy to press 2. (2 being, no)

There were almost three others today on the server, in my position. Just one guy today, managed to micspam, put up false votes on virtually everybody on the server, and team kill. All of that, and no action was taken against him. Why?
Cc needs to buckle down on this bullcrap, because i'm positive i'm not the only one who believes this.
-----
Also, there were a bunch of people on the server by the clan tag of [CLAN}, and they were all spamming random junk in the chat. This went on for about 15 minutes,if not 20. We tried votebanning all of them, and none of them were banned, because of the vote being cancelled. I decided to try and prove a point by spamming with them, but ironically, I was vote banned! Just me alone! A What the fuck is up with the server?
Last edited by Bathory on 22 Nov 2009, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
This heart winged, I am eagles son
Through storm and syite, untouched, it is pounding on
This sword, forged in fire and ice
The runes that trail its blade can be seen but by my two eyes

PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Re: Chaos, CHAOS!

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

The [CLAN} members are cC members in disguise. They're part of an elite group of people who want all of the nubcakez to leave the funserver.
But seriously, they're cC members.

I just want the funserver to go back to the way it was; Admins were in charge, admin abuse was allowed, and whiny bitches/extra annoying mic spammers were kick/muted.
Life is whatever.
Bathory

Unread post by Bathory »

PhrozenFlame wrote: I just want the funserver to go back to the way it was; Admins were in charge, admin abuse was allowed, and whiny bitches/extra annoying mic spammers were kick/muted.
An.. elite group? Whatever. So, that means they are subject to special treatment?

I think i'll take admin 'abuse' anyday over the slap on the hand tactics we're giving them.

PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I was making the "Elite Group" part up. They're just a bunch of guys who prefer the RegularServer to the FunServer. They're mostly Ghost, Riftoff, Toasty, and sometimes Divine(well maybe I can't tell half the time.).
Life is whatever.
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20067578

Unread post by Ex-PFC Wintergreen »

PhrozenFlame wrote:The [CLAN} members are cC members in disguise. They're part of an elite group of people who want all of the nubcakez to leave the funserver.

I just want the funserver to go back to the way it was; Admins were in charge, admin abuse was allowed, and whiny bitches/extra annoying mic spammers were kick/muted.
QFT

Also we (the CLAN clan) are comprised of all Cc members and admins. no special treatment just a lot of grief.
At least I don't have flies in my eyes.
giggles
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21234769

Unread post by giggles »

griefing is gay. -__-''
~Mai Husbando~
Bathory

Unread post by Bathory »

Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:
PhrozenFlame wrote:The [CLAN} members are cC members in disguise. They're part of an elite group of people who want all of the nubcakez to leave the funserver.

QFT

Also we (the CLAN clan) are comprised of all Cc members and admins. no special treatment just a lot of grief.
...So, the point to creating the clan is to virtually spam the fuck out of the server, and harras regulars on the server? Okay.. And there definitely is some special treatment there. Any votebans we put against a CLAN member, they were cancelled, mine however, not so much.

PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Votes are pretty much bugged to hell. At least, that's what I've been noticing.

Yes. They harass regulars. But they do it for a just cause. To return the fun server to it's rightful space as the insane uncle that shows up at your mom's birthday party that throws the cake on your mom's new car.
Life is whatever.
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5875326

Unread post by bluephyr »

I've been meaning to put some sense into this for a while; you being the motive for me to actually say something seeing as you have some common sense.

I'll say right now, gentlemen and ladies of cC, that I affiliate myself with you all because of the "friendship" and "values" aspect of what's in a relationship. So when others around me get treated unfairly or people "do what they want because they were told they could" or "just plain can", I find myself at a bit of a conflict. I've been meaning to bring it up with captain about how he allows the server to be managed when he's not here, which is a lot of the time. However, Team Fortress 2 has not been my game of choice lately, and I ask you all to put together why.

When someone such as Bathory here can post a plight like this, with evidence and suggestions much like the good old papers called "Common Sense" written by Thomas Paine, I find the means to set things right. I'd like to point out that the last 3 times I've been on the funserver that I hear mic spam and constant vulgar crap, much like what we avoid by going on to the regular server for. And I'm well aware that the point of the funserver is "do whatever", but to an extent. Make it like America: You can have your guns, you just can't eat them too.... Or some analogy like that.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

This is just another one of those Fun Server complaints, as different as it may be disguised as. It's supposed to be chaotic. (Get it, hah..)

Anyway, if you don't like the way the fun server works, join the rest of us and don't play on it, it's that simple. Need more people populating the custom server any day.
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:8016810

Unread post by Äusländer »

I was reading this seriously until I noticed he was talking about the fun server... then I reached a whole new level of not caring.
z0th: "the gameserver is not a democracy."
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

It doesn't matter what I do to the fun server.

People will always complain and people will always define all logic and populate that server all the time.

I can't please everyone and as long as there are still people who, for whatever reason, like to play on that server I am not going to radically change it for a while.

If you want the nice spam-free cC experiance, jump on the regular server. It will get populated. That's where you will see me.

That server was created so people could do whatever they wanted, then people complained that they couldn't do as much as someone else. I HAVE been slowly adding admins into the new system. I'll even throw you a bone and add a bunch more right now.
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:8016810

Unread post by Äusländer »

Keep the fun server as it is... every once in awhile the CLAN guys go in there and piss off a bunch of of the idiots and they leave the server... a few weeks later we have a new bunch of idiots... rinse... repeat. Problem solved.
z0th: "the gameserver is not a democracy."
Noodlefoo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:16175581
Twitter Username: Noodlefoo

Unread post by Noodlefoo »

But you don't get the same maps on the regular server, sometimes those "fun maps" are fun to go to, but you don't really want to because of the people and things that happen on the funserver.

And I personally would love to go on the regular server...if there was ever anyone on it, so to actually interact with people I kind of know during my gaming experience I more or less have to go to the funserver anyway. Though I am happy to say I was able to get a group of people to follow me over last time to the regular server.

But that's just my two cents on the fun server dealio.
ImageImageImage
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

I can always take the approach of, as admin, trying to stop what you're complaining about when I'm on the server. It might mean that people vote me down, but everything you posted I agree with, Bathory.

Everyone just know, I won't ban anyone for just playing the game. Just remember that.

EDIT: also, breakfloor and all maps related to that should die in a fire.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

So after playing in the same server with you, Bathory, for a short while I can see why anyone did anything negative to you. You are damn annoying. That doesn't mean I still don't agree with what you said at the top of this thread, but you're still damn annoying.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
D34THSPAWN
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18527016

Unread post by D34THSPAWN »

didnt even have to play with him to realize that :P and its people from the funserver and the lack of population on the reg server that i haent played much lately, along with dragon age and l4d2 taking up the time i would normall ybe playing tf2 in...so i say, with all honesty that i will never play on the fun server again, may join to ban some pretentious asshole or something but will NEVER (emphasis on the never) play there again.

imagine yourself as a T-rex in a room full of T-ball poles and large soapy bubbles. Your stubby arms would render the pleasure-power of this room woefully out of reach.
Noodlefoo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:16175581
Twitter Username: Noodlefoo

Unread post by Noodlefoo »

So essentially the problem is...a few people actually want to play TF2, not on funserver. But no one goes on to regular server, s when people see unpopulated server they don't go in anyway, further discouraging others from going in as well. Just a bad cycle that promotes the dumb shit in the funserver and actual gaming-fun that happens in the regular server.
ImageImageImage