Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

OMG UBER!

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
Xratter

OMG UBER!

Unread post by Xratter »

Pyros... why would you ever assume flame is going to work against an uber? "O GOD ME NOT ABLE TO SEE MEDIC!! WHAT WE DO NOW?!?" Either A) go find someone else or run away, or B) use your air blast to juggle them. in my opinion, it's generally the most reliable way to disable/impair an uber. Depends on the situation, but sometimes juggling the medic is best, and then sometimes juggling the ubered person is best. I can't tell you how many times I've seen pyros run up to an uber and start using their flame... it's a sad day for humanity...

Demos... try and lay a few stickies under an area where one/both of them will walk, and then blow it, they should hopefully go flying enough to disrupt it. Or, if it's a confined area, or your stickies are too spread out or something, w/e the situation, your stickies won't work to blast them apart; wait for the uber to end, and then blow them up.

Scouts... if you have it, use the sandman.

Counter ubers... sometimes, if they're trying to gain entrance into a room, run into them, and block them. This can include the medic as well. Sometimes it's best to just keep them from gaining entry into that vital location.

This is kind of random piece of advice, but... if you're someone who's being healed, and the medic's behind you, and you're not losing too much health (say there's only 1 soldier shooting rockets at you), protect your medic. If that means running into the rockets to keep them from potentially hitting the medic, then do it, he'll keep healing you, and you'll eventually close the gap to kill w/e.

that's all I got for right now... I can't really think of any other counters for ubers atm... it's 3am... time to write a speech.
Fall Harder, Bounce Higher.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: OMG UBER!

Unread post by captainAngry »

Another thing I have found that can help is standing in frount of the medic, especially if they are standing in a doorway. The medic can't shoot you or do anything other than heal when they are ubered so if you stand in their way, at the very least you force the person being ubered to focus on killing you before doing whatever task is at hand. Usually the ubered person doesn't even notice.

Also, a lot of times you can just stand around behind the uber and wait for it to run out. This works especially well for a spy since he can then backstab the hell out of the previously ubered duo.

Airblast is probably the best defense, especially against an uber demo or soldier. It keeps them from moving where they want to be, If you push them into SG fire the SG could push them away from wherever they want to be and on top of that, you are also reflecting their projectiles.

It should also be noted that a good soldier can juggle an ubered pyro or, at the very least, can slow the pyro way down.