Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

spy disguises best and worst

Tips and tricks for playing the Spy class.
DracoZilla
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20181095
Twitter Username: robheisel
Xbox Gamer Tag: Green Soda King

spy disguises best and worst

Unread post by DracoZilla »

Demoman: good disguise

Why: cause the demo is pretty useful disguise tricking players into thinking your attacking.

Medic: bad disguise

Why: cause due to its lack of ubercharge rate cause all medics have ubercharges rates and they find it very easy to tell if your a spy

Heavy: very bad disguise

Why: cause the heavy cant rail his gun but the only way for a person to tell if ur a heavy is if you switch to your fist or shotgun but however it would seem to hard to have players believe it

Pyro: very good disguise

Why: this proabily one of the most usful cause players cant tell the diffrence between the other ally pyro but they can tell that there not attacking but you can trick an enige into guarding his stuff while he is building a dispenser or sentry thats what im thinking if he doesent see you cloak

Scout: bad disguise

Why: cause scouts can run very fast when your disguise as a scout you run the same speed as the spy and you cant double jump with the disguise making it harder for u to tell

Soldier: good disguise

Why: cause you can trick a enemy into thinking your one cause due to your fake reload but i can be useful for tricking enemys into thinking its easy but it also works by pretending into attacking but careful of pyros

Sniper: very bad disguise

Why: cause you cant scope but you can though switch to your smg and kurki but the sniper will not think its there teammate sniper but its actual pretty usful in some parts

Engie: pretty good disguise

Why: cause you can trick an enige into helping you get rid of the sapper but have your teammate sap it then disguise as an engie switch to ur wrench just when he doesent look be quick into backstabbing him before he gets rid of his sentry by a spy sapper

Spy: bad disguise

Why: cause you cant switch to your sapper it would be easy into telling that the spy always carrys the revolver but its very risky with this one

Friendly: various

this good cause or bad in someparts but its usful like for example ill disguise my self as a friendly pyro and a enemy spy will flee making the perfect backstab but its very hard with friendly

thats all i have for today i hope you like it thats all i got ok
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Re: spy disguises best and worst

Unread post by Divine Fate »

DracoZilla wrote:Scout: bad disguise

Why: cause scouts can run very fast when your disguise as a scout you run the same speed as the spy and you cant double jump with the disguise making it harder for u to tell
I like to disguise as scout because it is a very unused disguise, not only that it also has a smaller hitbox than the other classes, making evasiveness easier.
DracoZilla wrote:Sniper: very bad disguise

Why: cause you cant scope but you can though switch to your smg and kurki but the sniper will not think its there teammate sniper but its actual pretty usful in some parts
Snipers are a fun class to disguise as since they are rarely checked. Only in certain circumstances can you disguise as one (mainly to pretend to be one on your route to kill a sniper or sentry).
DracoZilla wrote:Spy: bad disguise

Why: cause you cant switch to your sapper it would be easy into telling that the spy always carrys the revolver but its very risky with this one
Disguising as spy is a good way to (1) rub it in the enemy's faces that you are a spy, (2) just take out sentries, (3) make it so you can cloak and uncloak in front of the enemy team without being second-guessed.
DracoZilla wrote:Friendly: various

this good cause or bad in someparts but its usful like for example ill disguise my self as a friendly pyro and a enemy spy will flee making the perfect backstab but its very hard with friendly
You can also disguise as snipers or medics, to trick the other team into thinking your playercount doesn't contain a spy. The problem with friendly disguises is that now the enemy team can SEE YOUR NAME, even when disguised. So it is blatently obvious that you are a spy.
DracoZilla
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20181095
Twitter Username: robheisel
Xbox Gamer Tag: Green Soda King

Unread post by DracoZilla »

oh i see
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

"saying soldier/demo are good disguises"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
tRiGgErHaPpY
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23766811

Unread post by tRiGgErHaPpY »

Its useful to disguise as medics now that you have a ubercharge % so when someone sees you with your medigun drawn they will turn around thinking you're going to follow them then...le stab.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

tRiGgErHaPpY wrote:Its useful to disguise as medics now that you have a ubercharge % so when someone sees you with your medigun drawn they will turn around thinking you're going to follow them then...le stab.
Medic is still a very bad disguise. I mean AWFUL. As a medic it's your job to heal people ja? Even if they're running around in your base looking for spies it's your job to heal whenever possible. Back to spy. The main problem with disguising as medic? YOU. CAN'T. HEAL. (Also a stupidly large hitbox.) Unless you get lucky when doghouse is on you're not going anywhere with that medic disguise man. Also, 9 out of 10 times there's not a medic on the other team.
Life is whatever.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I like disgusing as a friendly teamate with my deadringer. That way people actually belive they killed you.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

PhrozenFlame wrote: Unless you get lucky when doghouse is on you're not going anywhere with that medic disguise man. Also, 9 out of 10 times there's not a medic on the other team.
WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!?
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

Doghouse, everybody and their brother knows your Vianos' pocket medic.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

DracoZilla wrote:Scout: bad disguise

I find the scout as a bad disguise because people would usually just press 1 instead of reaching his/her finger to 9.If u noticed,scout is one of the most common disguises.