Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Ab-use!

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Ab-use!

Unread post by Divine Fate »

We were playing today, the map was 2fort. Some people were getting angry, putting out votes for melee and crap. Then everybody wanted to change the map, and asked for someone to put out a map vote. I put one out for cp_redfort_a1, it passed, I changed it. Then I think it was thedoghouse started to put out (Exaggeration) ten thousand votes. It made me almost want to kick him. Eventually, after about five votes for melee only, it passed. Nobody really wanted it on, but it got switched on and even more anger came out. And when it got switched off, (SURPRISE) the server crashed.

I think custom voting commands should be removed for lower admins and maybe even melee only, if this is what it is turning out to be. People were complaining that they just wanted to play the game, but couldn't because of all the votes going out and melee being turned on and maps being changed, etc.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Re: Ab-use!

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

I am really starting to get sick of all lower admins getting punished for one douche. Can't we just punish the individuals this time?
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

Divine Fate wrote:We were playing today, the map was 2fort. Some people were getting angry, putting out votes for melee and crap. Then everybody wanted to change the map, and asked for someone to put out a map vote. I put one out for cp_redfort_a1, it passed, I changed it. Then I think it was thedoghouse started to put out (Exaggeration) ten thousand votes. It made me almost want to kick him. Eventually, after about five votes for melee only, it passed. Nobody really wanted it on, but it got switched on and even more anger came out. And when it got switched off, (SURPRISE) the server crashed.

I think custom voting commands should be removed for lower admins and maybe even melee only, if this is what it is turning out to be. People were complaining that they just wanted to play the game, but couldn't because of all the votes going out and melee being turned on and maps being changed, etc.
I agree it was annoying, but it helps the server like a wildfire helps a forest. It clears out most of the people and the rest can flourish. Most custom maps arent made for 16 v 16 and it is no fun. The only downside (because we went back to redfore right after) was that we went back to mach4, I HATE THAT MAP

For TL;DR
Its a problem, but not too much of one. maby less spammy admin controls. like one vote a round?
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

It seems that I have been a bit overzealous on this matter. It is not really a problem.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I should be able to change the amount of time between votes so people can't spam them so much.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

MrKerplunkers wrote:I am really starting to get sick of all lower admins getting punished for one douche. Can't we just punish the individuals this time?
I agree with Kerplunkers. I never abuse anything like a lot of us lesser server gods and keep getting stuff taken away.
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

MrKerplunkers wrote:I am really starting to get sick of all lower admins getting punished for one douche. Can't we just punish the individuals this time?

i agree with kerplunkers even though i am not a lower admin only the person should be punished. i also think that every1 that is higher than lower admin should get voting access and get rid of voting for lower admins but thats just my opinion.
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

There isn't really a need for that. The only issue was spam voting, and adjusting the time between votes would perfectly work.
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

Divine Fate wrote:There isn't really a need for that. The only issue was spam voting, and adjusting the time between votes would perfectly work.
Yay I helped!

Sorta...
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

Turns out I can only change the time between public votes. You know, if someone would have made the offending player happy they wouldn't have been able to use the chat menu for voting :D
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

Divine Fate wrote:We were playing today, the map was 2fort. Some people were getting angry, putting out votes for melee and crap. Then everybody wanted to change the map, and asked for someone to put out a map vote. I put one out for cp_redfort_a1, it passed, I changed it. Then I think it was thedoghouse started to put out (Exaggeration) ten thousand votes. It made me almost want to kick him. Eventually, after about five votes for melee only, it passed. Nobody really wanted it on, but it got switched on and even more anger came out. And when it got switched off, (SURPRISE) the server crashed.

ok all I did was a melee only vote and a mapvote one because people were ASKING for melee only and a new map so I put up a vote. OK?? I was just trying to keep other people from having to ask a million times for melee only or a new map. and if putting up 2 votes because people are requesting them is admin abuse then sorry
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

Okay, you say two votes, he said ten thousand. I am asuming it is somewhere in between there, yeah?

Careful with those map votes. When I do votes for things I usually will do regular votes that don't have any effect unless I do something afterwards. I wish I could figure out a way to give admin votes more weight.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

captainangry wrote:Okay, you say two votes, he said ten thousand. I am asuming it is somewhere in between there, yeah?

Careful with those map votes. When I do votes for things I usually will do regular votes that don't have any effect unless I do something afterwards. I wish I could figure out a way to give admin votes more weight.
no it wasn't somewhere inbetween I remember making 2 votes (although I may have made one more before the map changed but that much I don't remember) because some other people were failing at making those votes so I did those 2 to get the votes right so that people would stop yelling at eachother for votes. (I remember 1 was a map vote and the other was a melee only vote for the next round)
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Unread post by Hanzo_blade »

Lately I am constantly getting teleported nontop and it's not fun. Need to tone down on that.
ImageImage
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

People definitely need to get over teleport in the fun server. Sometimes it gets much too out of hand.