ratings on fun maps?

Discuss any problems with the server and make suggestions for improvement.
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

ratings on fun maps?

Unread post by Original »

Not a big deal but I was curious captianangry.

Do you plan to have voting also on the fun server?
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: ratings on fun maps?

Unread post by captainAngry »

Maybe. I was originally going to but the way the map ratings work now, I have to manually pull the ratings from my game server and upload them to my web server. The system won't let you vote on the same map twice but with two servers it would be an issue. There is a way to get the ratings posted directly to the web server. If I could get that working then I could hook them into the same database and the problem wouldn't be a problem.

I tried to do this before but was unable to connect to the database. When we only had one server, I stopped tryine because it didn't matter. We only ask people to rate maps two days out of the week so the rest of the week we gather almost no data.

One of these days i'll get the ratings so they go directly to the web server and at that time we can have ratings. Is this community keeps expanding I would assume we would start more servers and that this would be a larger issue. I am still thinking that the next TF2 server we get will be 24/7 arena so we can move those off the main server but that is probably a long ways away.