Valve = Fail

General discussion about gaming.
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5404857

Valve = Fail

Unread post by Plastic Jesus »

Well. I never thought it would happen, but Valve is now stupid. They seem to want to ruin Left4Dead, and tonight they have achieved that. I'm done, and I no longer trust Valve. Fuck you, idiots.
Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22049012

Re: Valve = Fail

Unread post by Wamp Rats »

Any Reasons as to why??
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

Is this because of the melee fatigue? Yeah, it's pretty horrible. Versus mode now SUCKS. Hopefully they will get many complaints and take the feature away soon.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Unread post by GrimGriz »

bummer, i was just going to see if anyone wanted to play through the game with me :)
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

i am partly glad about it cause i hated seeing people just melee spamming through an entire final area except at tanks but still kill him easily i am slightly annoyed about this however because it will be harder to fend off boomer swarms but what ever try it for a while u may like it later on in life, get over it, who cares, it was their decision, and they probably got complaints that peeps were melee spamming too much and to do something about it.
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Melee spamming was a serious problem, but fatigue was a bad way to fix it. There are probably much better ways to fix it than adding melee fatigue. However, I may be wrong.
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

The game was fine two weeks ago.The only problems with the game before this were lag issues that are now actually worse. Now my ping sucks and I can't melee. So now the game is completely broken and I will never play it again. The only people that this patch made happy were the retarded pussies who can't play FPS games. If you are happy with this patch you are a moron and you suck at video games. The only thing this has done is ruin a game that was very fun but is now a pile of shit. I have deleted all local content and will not reinstall the game unless they take melee fatigue out. I have already sent an email to valve requesting a refund. If you are one of the people that likes this patch you are a compelte fucking retard and can go to hell, you are pussy and the the game is shitnow is because of idiots like you that can't play the game because you suck at it due to your tiny Australopithecus brain. Another in a long line of shit that I have to deal with because of stupid people. fuck you idiots
Noodlefoo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:16175581
Twitter Username: Noodlefoo

Unread post by Noodlefoo »

WWJD: What Would Jesus Do?
ImageImageImage
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

Tell us how you really feel jesus. I don't see what the big deal is honestly it's not like they took melee out or anything. Now you just have to alternate between shooting and pistol whipping. The cool down for the melee isn't that long just wait a few seconds after the circle disappears then have at it. Come on Plastic you're one of the few who are still playing in this group. I can't lose more L4D teammates...
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I am not going to talk about why melee fatigue is a bad idea, if you can't figure it out on your own then it is worthless to talk about it with you. I have deleted Left4Dead from my computer.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ost9495014
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

So just because you think it's a bad idea everyone needs to think it sucks? It's not that hard to change play style a little bit. I'm going to stop here because I told myself I wouldn't get in arguments on this forum anymore... They always get locked...
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Unread post by Hanzo_blade »

holy cwap, it's not that bad. Melee spamming doesn't require skill anyway. So I don't mind the update, it will actually eliminate the noobs. I don't know why you think it draws in more noobs. Seems like a fair update and makes players more skillful. They put the fatigue thing in because it is harder to win as infected most of the time. Decreasing the constant melee spam (that people do in corners) will be fair and spark an actual CHALLENGE in the game. Cooling down from fatigue takes like 1 second anyway... Wasn't necessary to delete your whole game. You'll probably be regretting that because the survival pack is coming out soon.
Last edited by Hanzo_blade on 26 Mar 2009, 02:14, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Unread post by Hanzo_blade »

And I never want to hear the words Valve and Fail next to each other again MISTER!
You can not play TF2 happily and say that valve fails. They're a good company who knows what they're doing.
ImageImage
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Nope. Unless they take out the melee fatigue I'm not putting it back on my computer, and after I get my refund it won't be an issue.

Line in sand.

crossed

Left4Dead is done.

Valve respect = 0

Chances of me deleting TF2 from my computer = depends on future updates (the scout balls to the face was an almost)

Chances of me deleting Steam from my computer = if I delete TF2 then Steam goes too, I pass by a Best Buy during my drive to and from college, and it would take less time to walk in there, buy a game and install it than to download most games through Steam.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Plastic Jesus wrote:The game was fine two weeks ago.The only problems with the game before this were lag issues that are now actually worse. Now my ping sucks and I can't melee. So now the game is completely broken and I will never play it again. The only people that this patch made happy were the retarded pussies who can't play FPS games. If you are happy with this patch you are a moron and you suck at video games. The only thing this has done is ruin a game that was very fun but is now a pile of shit. I have deleted all local content and will not reinstall the game unless they take melee fatigue out. I have already sent an email to valve requesting a refund. If you are one of the people that likes this patch you are a compelte fucking retard and can go to hell, you are pussy and the the game is shitnow is because of idiots like you that can't play the game because you suck at it due to your tiny Australopithecus brain. Another in a long line of shit that I have to deal with because of stupid people. fuck you idiots
When i read this, I imagined this was you:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kBVmfIUR1DA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kBVmfIUR1DA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

LOL Grim, no you guys know that I will just quit the game if it becomes something that is not fun, as I have done permanently with Left4Dead. I quit playing CSS due mostly to people banning me from servers claiming that I was hacking or calling me a nigger or faggot. Usually the thing that upsets me isn't losing, but losing due to other people being stupid. I just can't deal with that. Sometimes you can fix this by switching teams, but sadly the majority of people out there are of only "average" intelligence and to me that equals retarded as I am in the top 99.99%. I actually just did a project for my last sociology class that dealt with this, and let me tell you, humanity is so very stupid it's scary.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Oh I hear you. I don't know that I'm top 99, but I'm damn sure top 90. Idiocracy is on its way to reality, that's for sure. Unfortunately we're too concerned about equal rights to sterilize people that shouldn't really reproduce.

That aside, I played L4D more than usual last night and I wasn't affected by the melee thing once. More of a gun guy myself.
4most
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37706354
Xbox Gamer Tag: skinz1193

Unread post by 4most »

two things

first lol at the video

second lol at the valve fourm

"Yes my Fuhrer...I mean Mr. President"
-Dr. Strangelove

"What is it about nukes and 50's music that makes my warm inside? I think its the radiation."
-me
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Have you guys read the forum, it's sad. I typically stay away from stuff like that because of the extreme level of stupidity and crap. I'm sure that if I did an analysis of posts on the Valve Left4Dead forums (using some sort of grammar/logic/spelling/structure matrix) that the intelligence curve would show average IQs as at levels of retardation. Reading that shit made me want to enforce some sort of eugenics laws on the general population. People frighten me more because of their stupidity than anything else. We truly are just apes sometimes.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Plastic, I know you are against console gaming, but L4D was MADE for Xbox360. The PC version is just a port.

That being said, the Xbox360 version is still unharmed, and was great from the beginning, despite being a console FPS. I don't know why PC can't get it right, because they need updates every 5 seconds, but Xbox360 released a game, and hasn't updated since. The game is still great, there is no lag issues, their servers are actually quality, and there are no dumb updates.

Again, the PC version is just a port. You can tell from playing both versions that the PC version was made to look like the Xbox version, and that version came first. So, on this rare occasion, Xbox360 L4D > PC L4D. It's not technically a "Console FPS" that everybody hates, including me. I played it, it is fun, and the only reason I bought the PC version was because I wanted to stop paying for Live. The game is more of a quality-made. Valve knew that they were making a Console FPS, and conformed likewise-- the xbox360 version is not just another crap console FPS.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I'm just going to lock this thread because it is full of pointless complaining and name calling.

I havn't played enough L4D to realize the impact it has. Also, that game runs my CPU way too hot and my computer crashes anyway.

What most of you don't realize is that Plastic not liking L4D in the end effects all of you that still want to play it. He was pretty damn close to renting a server for all of us to play on and because of the update, that won't happen.

And to plastics point, I couldn't play Tf2 for almost two weeks after the scout update came out because of that stupid bonk ball. That was the dumbest weapon to put into a game since the sniper rifle that could shoot through walls.