Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

09/24 Server Update

Announcements about the server.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

09/24 Server Update

Unread post by captainAngry »

Yesterday I removed nearly all the admins on the fun server. Everyone on the server now has access to teleport, votekick, voteban, votemute, karaoke among a few other things. Still working on tweaking all this stuff.

I am open to suggestions for adding new global powers, especially votes.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Re: 09/24 Server Update

Unread post by Beetle »

People probably enjoy listening to the music, but honestly i have NEVER seen anyone use karaoke as karaoke.
The radio would be a better (and quieter) option if all anyone ever does is listen and not sing.

The only reason I bring this up is because people continue to spam on their mics even when there's karaoke music playing. I mean..WTF.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

It would be better on my website bandwidth to get rid of karaoke anyway...
Überectomy

Unread post by Überectomy »

I have a couple songs i want to add,How would I add them?
LolUmad?
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

It might be a good idea to kill karaoke. I've stopped working on it, and most of the already-posted songs are getting old.
Incredible Spycrab
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24676431

Unread post by Incredible Spycrab »

Just curios, what's the command to acess the karaoke?
There is no such thing on earth as an uninteresting subject; the only thing that can exist is an uninterested person.

PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

It WAS a mod command and I think cap may have already killed it.
Life is whatever.
Incredible Spycrab

oh...
There is no such thing on earth as an uninteresting subject; the only thing that can exist is an uninterested person.

Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

it was an admin option
[DAWN]HellFire
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25080918
Xbox Gamer Tag: coltalmighty

Unread post by [DAWN]HellFire »

I'm apologize if my opinion is seen as a bit rash, but this was the worst thing you've ever done for the funserver, captain. Everyone has been teleporting in ballistic amounts, and there are stupid and random votes being made. Also, by removing all the admins, you've removed any possibility of keeping the server in order.
--Banned Calculated Chaos Member--
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

While I agree that the votes get a bit crazy, all the random admin crap happening is no different then it was. There are just more people doing it. Also, now that everyone has voting commands like vote mute/kick the entire group is there to keep order.
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
Minus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20616057

Unread post by Minus »

I'll be honest too, Although I didn't have powers in the first place, it's a pain in the ass now that everyone can do it, and just about everyone does. And also 'The Incredible Spycrab' always makes the most tedious and dumb votes. If you could, decrease the powers of regular players. I also think admins should be able to teleport other players because I'm sure many people don't really know how to teleport properly (In breakfloor people tele outside the map and cant back in, aswell as in gridfloor where people tele into just darkness,or into platforms). So yeah, I would think the server would be better if admins had more power. Plus teleing players is going to ruin the game for others who might not want to tele, or dont know how.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

teleing ruins the game either way, but its the fun server. I'm just glad its more apparent now that more than just a few people are abusing it.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

This seems to have backfired, but not a whole lot. These are the major problems I see:

1. The ridiculous votes. At the beginning of a round of breakfloor, someone made a vote to tele the entire blue team to the bottom. I understand that certain admins do this, but I just don't see a reason for the votes. My suggestion: Leave only the kareoke, votemute, voteban, and votekick option. The others seem a bit pointless.

2. Teleporting. This seems to be the main issue people are concerned about, and truely, I can see why. Teleporting behind the other team at the start of arena, teleporting into places you can't get out of, etc. My suggestion: Take away the non-admins teleport all together. It seems to be the only thing that would solve it.

3. The important votes. The votes I suggested to leave are the ones that are just getting ignored or are being denied. I can't make a suggestion other than lower the amounts of votes it takes to pass one of those.

Of course, this is just my two cents on the current standing of this.
Life is whatever.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

I agree with Phrozen, it's just an idea but there's always the opportunity to change the funServer into a server that just runs the fun maps, nothing else. Leave the three important votes for kick, mute, and ban. Maybe in the future make it so that teleport must be bought for candy, but don't give it away for free. Until then, take it away from everybody.
Incredible Spycrab

I kind of agree with Divine, but mabey not candies Implemant a system where you get only 5 teleports a round, or 15 teleports every map or something like that..

Eiduringi
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19013868

Unread post by Eiduringi »

captainangry wrote:Everyone on the server now has access to teleport, votekick, voteban, votemute, karaoke among a few other things.
How would you go on doing this stuff?
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

Teleport is a big problem. I think I am just going to get rid of it all together.

The other option would be to change it so you could only tele yourself...
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

And even then, people would still just tele out of the map and get stuck on certain maps...
Life is whatever.
Incredible Spycrab

Teleporting is gone for non-admin :( :o :shock: :? :cry:

Incredible Spycrab

oh also, the !votemenu isnt working :\

Minus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Minus »

I'm sort of glad it is...People kept complaining and complaining about not knowing how, and people who did know wouldn't tell others. Pain in the butt. Teleports should be admin only, and should stay that way, But make restrictions to teleports.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

I think we're losing track of what it says the fun server was made for, and thats the admin abuse so we can keep it away from the main server, I'll admit it gets annoying on some more serious maps, but when you're on mario kart, and you can't tele around or tele people off the point when they're capping it (if you're actually having fun) then it gets pretty boring there. I do agree that we were getting too many admins, some people are really abusing their admin for fun, and others are just doing it until some higher admin tells them to knock it off, maybe we need to be a little more strict about who gets in the clan? or just give people admin after they've played longer and shown that they can handle it?
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Minus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Minus »

the server is also supposed to be fun for regular players. Also, would you kick some of the admins now or keep them and start recruiting more strictly?
By the way, I've also been here for a while. Hint hint.
StrudelB
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20251166

Unread post by StrudelB »

I would look at the current admins, take out the ones who just need to go, and not recruit as many admins. If someone on the funserver wants to teleport, tough. They start playing on the regular server more and they get the perks.
Am I back?
Who knows?
All I know is that I'm gonna play some more TF2.
Minus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Minus »

Can't you just play on the funserver and eventually get admin? Admins still get on the fun server and get to know players...Just putting it out there.
StrudelB
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20251166

Unread post by StrudelB »

Minus wrote:Can't you just play on the funserver and eventually get admin? Admins still get on the fun server and get to know players...Just putting it out there.
But that's how the majority of "bad admins" joined cC. While the funserver is, well, fun, I think that it should be used to advertise the regular server, so we can get more people there.
Am I back?
Who knows?
All I know is that I'm gonna play some more TF2.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Yes, technically you can get admin by just playing on the fun server, though it takes quite a while. Being active on the forums helps though. (I actually got so active I have the 5th most posts on the forums.)
Life is whatever.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

I don't know what we should do, but we need more with at least access to the basics (kick, gag, maybe ban, and most importantly MUTE AND CANCEL VOTE) because its just getting crazy with all the random and messed up votes, people spamming stupid things, and having it just all around fall apart, I feel like everytime I play for more that 30 minutes I need to go scream at someone or something, and it happens almost everytime i'm on, not to mention the melee votes.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

I know you guys don't really like it but that server is populated pretty often. If a melee vote wins on every map, maybe people like melee mode.

I believe every vote needs 65% to pass and if that many people want melee on every single map and are going to keep the server populated/full all day, I am hesitant to change that. I should be able to make melee votes require a higher percentage of people to pass.