Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

GTA Area LAN Party in Aurora - May 8-10!

General discussion about gaming.
z0th
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

GTA Area LAN Party in Aurora - May 8-10!

Unread post by z0th »

my buddy at work here, z0ng, is having another LAN this May 8-10 up in Aurora. heres his write up from the Hardware Canucks forum.
Henry the z0ng wrote: Just north of Toronto in the GTA Zero PING Events will be hosting LANapalooza 2009 starting at noon on Friday May 8th and running until ~3pm on Sunday May 10th for over 50 hours of BYOC LAN action. Up to 300 seats available. Don't miss this chance to experience gaming with your friends on our carrier-grade Foundry network of switches. Various cash tournaments including CS 1.6, CS Source and Left 4 Dead. More to be added as time commences. Prize guarantees for tournaments of 12 or more teams.

Cost to attend varies based upon how willing you are to prepay. Attendees prepaying up to 4 weeks in advance of the event will only face a $35 charge, if prepaying up to 3 days before the event you will be charged $40 and if paying at the door the charge is $50.

Event is located at 1 Aurora Heights Dr., Aurora, Ontario in the Aurora Community Center. Event location is a hockey arena with the ice removed and concrete pad as the floor, lots of space for those who want to sleep, enough room to setup tents even if you want privacy (yes we encourage this!). Check out our website at Zero PING Events Inc., we can also be found in #zeropingevents on irc.gamesurge.net. Look forward to seeing you there!
z0ng shot me a picture of his equipment sitting in his apartment not too long ago. its looking much more organized than it was before. should be a good time. i wont be playing competing myself (since we are colleagues, dont want accusations of favoritism), but i should be there for at least one of the days.
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5404857

Re: GTA Area LAN Party in Aurora - May 8-10!

Unread post by Plastic Jesus »

LOL When it got to the part about it being located in a hockey arena, I had a vision of an huge minor league hockey style brawl by a bunch of nerdy guys, with people using keyboards the hit others over the head and others ramming people head first into computer cases.
Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.
z0th
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Re: GTA Area LAN Party in Aurora - May 8-10!

Unread post by z0th »

events like the one you mention are not quite that tame, and not necessarily sanctioned by ZPE. ;-)

[[ IIRC there were a couple of "vent-your-rage" events that involved smashing various computer parts with large, heavy objects. there was also at one LAN, a group of CS 1.6 players i wanted to smash repeatedly in the face with a large heavy object. sadly, i dont think any such event is planned this time around. you are however, welcome to smash your own pc to bits if you want. ]]