Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Thanks to ALL our members.

Discussion about anything.
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5404857

Thanks to ALL our members.

Unread post by Plastic Jesus »

I just felt that I needed to say this after reading the poll:Gypsy Joe thread.

I have worked with children for six years now. Most of the kids I have worked with are younger teens from various backgrounds that include; drug abuse, sexual abuse, gangs, abusive parents, and a whole bunch of stuff you don't want to know about. These kids have been a handful and sometimes I just down right hate them, but most of the time I can't help but find love and compassion for them in my heart. I would like to say to some of the younger players that play on the cC server that I have mostly enjoyed the time we have spent playing this video game together. I would never expect from you the same that I would expect from an adult, but some of you have at times acted far better than some adults. It is great to interact with what I hope are normal children outside of my work. My best friend (we are both 31) has two kids and I love the time I get to spend with them. I will always try to respect you as human beings, as I believe that while I cannot have the same relationship with you that I would have with an adult I will always respect you the same. Yes, sometimes you annoy me with your kid crap, but I have seen and heard it all at this point and understand it. And I know that as adults we sometimes annoy you with our adult crap too. However I think that when we can put that stuff aside and just have fun together in a video game then we are all the better for it. As an adult I think I have learned more about life from working with kids than I ever learned as a kid from adults.

I know that I might get a little obsessive about winning sometimes, and I can get pissed off when people are just goofing around and not playing the game seriously ( I mean shit it's just a video game I should chill out sometimes). But I could make a list of complaints a mile long describing the things that piss me off. I will do my best not to take it out on you guys, and if I do please feel free to call me out on it. I think that others have been unfair to our younger players, and I think that as adults we should work more to help them and perhaps act a little more adult when they are around (our character applies even when playing video games). I have always thought that how we treat the most vulnerable and weak among us, especially when we have power over them, says the most about our character.

Once again, I think that we should always try to respect people no matter their race, age, ethniciy, religion, disability or sexual orientation (except for people that play FPSs on consoles, they are teh suck).

peace
Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: Thanks to ALL our members.

Unread post by captainAngry »

I agree with a lot of what Plastic said. I think it is important for everyone to realize that the people that will take the most from playing on our server and getting to know people are probably the younger ones. For many of these people, this could be their first forum or the first time they have been in a group like this and it is a learning experience.

I know there are a few people in our group that started off as an annoying kid and have learned a lot about what is and isn't appropriate from being around some of us older people. We were all kids once and I am proud to be one of the more accepting places around the internet, even if you do need a mute or kick now and again to reinforce the rules.
Gypsy Joe
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19074708
Xbox Gamer Tag: BeeGrinder

Unread post by Gypsy Joe »

I understand what ur geting at captain, there a no kids that i hate eather... but like u said maby a kick and mute now and again for a simple time out. and i know that most people remember my time on SM god i anoy my self thinking about it! me and john and kyler have become friends after talking about it and growing on it.. now after anoying the admins on SM i never turned around and asked for thier admin power to be taken lol and we all remember Capone and his bullshiting lol. anyway i think we all got very heated last night and some peoples true colors came through and some young adults rose up to occasion and really showed me that not all are at hot tempered and as anoying as i may have thought. (u know who u are =D) and after reading plastics post and thinking about how rude i myself was being to u kids u may never have any affect on my life but this is one of the first online games/ forum u may be on and i hope i can make it a better one. with this post i plan to "burry the hatchet" and let it be and move on with the game. heh i not here to make problems just have fun.. if u really feel im shiting around message me we can talk it out... i also do not mind giveing u little things to fun around every now and again. this is a very well organized easy going group lets keep it that way.

Thanks for reading.
Disregard the above.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

Man, you miss a lot when you're out of town not playing. But here's my opinion:

I believe all people should be judged equally, but that does not mean all people deserve grace. It may be that more younger players deserve mute or kick or whatever, but also the same goes for anyone else. It's a fair society, and you don't get off the hook by saying it was unfair to mute, ban, or kick a child. People learn and grow, it's a part of life. That being said, treatment of younger players should be less "harsh" in verbal terms, because they are, well, not adults; and despite morality, majority goes. If somebody's gameplay experience is getting worse all because some kid is cursing in the mic loudly and annoying him, something needs to be done, just as if some adult played a loud micspamming song. It may not be "fair", but you can only control what you think, not anybody else.
Awesomesauce
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17643787
Location: Toronto, Ontario...but mostly where you least expect me.

Unread post by Awesomesauce »

Wow Plastic you really changed the way I looked at you.

I always thought you were some egoistical bastard who never cared about anything.

This whole issue is getting a little touching... :(

...P.S. I'm not trying to be offensive. Please warn me if i am.
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:8016810

Unread post by Äusländer »

Awesomesauce, you're feelings offend me.
z0th: "the gameserver is not a democracy."
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5875326

Unread post by bluephyr »

(lil blue): Of course this is MY opinion about the pre-teens and teens that go around playing video games but I think that the retarded kids these days deserve the punishment they receive because when they get grounded they decide to force their anger out on people who don't deserve it, like us internet ppl. but there again there is those whom are younger than the average teens today, those whom don't know better so we still have to act but they still need to be respected along with the teens who act mature such as i (sometimes). so I say it matters not of JUST your opinion but about the others opinions in the server.(besides if u want to mute them do it yourself bu NOT abusing your admin powers and going into the menu and mute the player.

*PS* the retarded is underlined because the school is having an erase the r-word campaign so LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :awesome: :highFive: :D
a quote from plastic "I can't help but find love and compassion for them in my heart."
*PSS* Jesus your Jesus so u HAVE to forgive and be kind to all :woop:
D34THSPAWN
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18527016

Unread post by D34THSPAWN »

just wanted to pop in and tell you all that as much as my post was mean to gypsy it was over the line and i already apologized in private to him i just wanted everyone to know that i got mad and went off the handle i handled it irresponsibly and want to apologize to everyone for that.

so i apologize gypsy and cc

imagine yourself as a T-rex in a room full of T-ball poles and large soapy bubbles. Your stubby arms would render the pleasure-power of this room woefully out of reach.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Unread post by Hanzo_blade »

In my opinion little kids who play this game should be considered cool. Cause they're playing tf2 and/or L4D at a young age, which makes dem awesome.
ImageImage
Noodlefoo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:16175581
Twitter Username: Noodlefoo

Unread post by Noodlefoo »

*Group Hug* Glad all that was said and worked out. Now all of you go blow each other up and eat their brains in peace.
ImageImageImage
giggles
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21234769

Unread post by giggles »

didnt really know plastic that well but whoa.
~Mai Husbando~
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Damn, I miss hanging with like every single person who posted in this thread.
Kriegsmarine
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22107167

Unread post by Kriegsmarine »

all the people I knew and loved three years ago... I am one of few who remain from year ago... wait why are we bringing up dead threads?
Doke doke doke ushiro metai yatsu wa doke