Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

The 3 Video Games You Think Everyone Should Try Thread

General discussion about gaming.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Re: The 3 Video Games You Think Everyone Should Try Thread

Unread post by Hanzo_blade »

Welp first things that come to my mind personally:
Rhythm game genre, these are my top recommendations if you like rhythm games. Not including that guitar hero/rock band crap lol

Stepmania
(DDR on keyboard basically) I've played it since 2004.
DJ Max Portable 2 or DJ Max Trilogy
Its more like beatmania. DJMax Port 2 is for PSP, Trilogy is for PC.
Amplitude
game on the PS2. Probably the first rhythm game I ever played. Its still awesome...

On another note, other games I've enjoyed personally besides tf2 and l4d are-
Plants Vs Zombies
Fable
Hmm.. can't think of a 3rd. I have a bad memory. And need to play more video games :|
ImageImage
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Unread post by Original »

BG&E does look pretty cool. Imma try it, after the War is over.
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
Celtic
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37669475

Unread post by Celtic »

Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time
Nuff said.

Call of Duty:Modern Warfare
Amazing multiplayer and great graphics

Morrowind
Needs no explanation.
TheBlindKhezu
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26179687
Location: In a land where the Eldritch Abomination known as the pyro lives

Unread post by TheBlindKhezu »

Blazblue:calamity Trigger
Style: 2D Fighting
BlazBlue is a slicker slimmer sister of the Guilty gear series. Made by the same company of Guilty Gear. It had a simple to pick up Controls,A Good soundtrack,Characters, and a basic online play.
The Oddworld Quintology
Style:Cinematic Platformer
Despite being a Cult Classic and a Gem the Oddworld Quintology is actually a pretty good game even though the game is Surprisingly Hard Since Everything dies in one hit and you have to save a total of 355 Mudokons. Great storyline,Interesting Game-play,Game-Speak,Console Save States, and Challenging A.I. it's an instant classic.
Demon Souls
Style:Role Play Game
The Final game on my list, Demon Souls by most Gamers from Asia and North America as The Ninja Gaiden of Role Playing Games, You think the CO-OP Mode from Battle Toads is a Beast then you are wrong you can be a bitch and kill your friends in the CO-OP but a unique feature is Once your friends die when they are in an area you can check the blood stain it will show a video of who or what killed him/her. You die real easily and once you die all the items and souls you collected will be gone until found where you last died off good if you endure difficult games i suggest getting the game.
D34THSPAWN
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18527016

Unread post by D34THSPAWN »

1. Dragon Age: Origins

I LOVE this game, I had bee waiting for a long time for a game that would bring me back to my rpg roots (the KoToR series, Neverwinter nights series, etc) The witcher kinda did, but it was missing something, mass effect was alright and i intend to replay it someday, but dragon age is like a mix of all of those games with a shiny new suit of armor on and feels polished tbh, and also better than those games the graphics are great and the story is even better, if it actually makes you feel the emotions that you would feel being in the persons shoes its amazing, for re playability there are 6 different beginnings, and the elusive 100% complete achievement...

2. Rise of Nations Series

Favorite RTS's of all time the gameplay is not too confusing and pretty much whoever can build the biggest army and best defenses wins...straight up fun as hell. nuff said

3. i'd have to say tf2 here, however i dont play much anymore it is still going to hold a place in my heart, and 700+ hours of my life. thats for multiplayer, single player fps, is either half life 2 series or crysis.

Also the runner up is l4d2

imagine yourself as a T-rex in a room full of T-ball poles and large soapy bubbles. Your stubby arms would render the pleasure-power of this room woefully out of reach.
BAMF
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25128613
Xbox Gamer Tag: SomTervo

Unread post by BAMF »

1) Hitman:Blood Money
http://www.pentadact.com/index.php/2006 ... ey-and-sex
Tom Francis can write better then me. I agree with him on the subject of this game. I can see how amazed you are by these sentences. Feel free to worship him as a god.
2) Maniac Mansion / Day of the Tentacle
Both games are funny, puzzling, and a lot of fun.
3) TMNT: Turtles in Time :don: :leo: :mike: :raph:
I love beat-em-ups from the bottom of my heart. Turtles in Time was the first game I ever beat and it is was made me who I am. Thus, this game stays in my heart. It's stupid fun and honestly, who doesn't love Ninjas? :stupid:
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

BAMF wrote:1) Hitman:Blood Money
http://www.pentadact.com/index.php/2006 ... ey-and-sex
Tom Francis can write better then me. I agree with him on the subject of this game. I can see how amazed you are by these sentences. Feel free to worship him as a god.
2) Maniac Mansion / Day of the Tentacle
Both games are funny, puzzling, and a lot of fun.
3) TMNT: Turtles in Time :don: :leo: :mike: :raph:
I love beat-em-ups from the bottom of my heart. Turtles in Time was the first game I ever beat and it is was made me who I am. Thus, this game stays in my heart. It's stupid fun and honestly, who doesn't love Ninjas? :stupid:
I agree with 1 and 3, haven't played 2. The ending for blood money is the best.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

Okay, number one and my favorite besides Tf2 although I probably would be playing it is I had it working on my computer. Sigh. But it is The Curse Of Monkey Island!!!! C: That game is my all time favorite but the audio freezes my computer for some sad reason. Sad day right? I know I agree too.

Uh, the second game is.... Solitaire. Great game for when you are in class, have no internet and can't do anything else. Although I suck at it and can only do the one card at a time thing and yet I still lose most of the time. :C

And I guess the last one would have to be Diner Dash or the Wedding Dash or any of the sub games. Very quick game to beat but its enjoyable and gives you something to do. I like it just wish I had the game instead of using the trial. C: But thats okay because I don't need it.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
Joe's Crab Shack
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24928034

Unread post by Joe's Crab Shack »

Celtic wrote:Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time
Nuff said.

Call of Duty:Modern Warfare
Amazing multiplayer and great graphics

Morrowind
Needs no explanation.
Morrowind was my crack for the longest time when i owned the Xbox.
“Sane is boring.”
― R.A. Salvatore

“I used to be sane, then I got better.”
― Anonymous

"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
― John Russell
TheBlindKhezu

Sastora wrote:Okay, number one and my favorite besides Tf2 although I probably would be playing it is I had it working on my computer. Sigh. But it is The Curse Of Monkey Island!!!! C: That game is my all time favorite but the audio freezes my computer for some sad reason. Sad day right? I know I agree too.

Uh, the second game is.... Solitaire. Great game for when you are in class, have no internet and can't do anything else. Although I suck at it and can only do the one card at a time thing and yet I still lose most of the time. :C

And I guess the last one would have to be Diner Dash or the Wedding Dash or any of the sub games. Very quick game to beat but its enjoyable and gives you something to do. I like it just wish I had the game instead of using the trial. C: But thats okay because I don't need it.
Hey Sastora ever thought of getting the New Monkey island game?
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

Lol. Nope. I just want to play the Curse instead.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
TheBlindKhezu

Sastora wrote:Lol. Nope. I just want to play the Curse instead.
Oh played any other Lucas point and click games like Monkey island?
Moving Target
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5973737

Unread post by Moving Target »

1) All the Monkey Island (not the new one though)
Puzzle game, but better.
Possibly the funniest games you'll ever play, besides Portal. It's also a challenging game. An absolute classic.
You're basically Guybrush Threepwood on a quest to become a mighty pirate. You need to use all your skills and wit (mostly luck) to solve puzzles and get past dangerous areas. You also carry your inventory objects in your pants. This is only strange when you start picking up ducks.

2) Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
FPRPG
I had over 400 frigin hours for 1 character and i still hadn't found all the dungeons. nuff said.
(Gonna add in Fallout 3 here, just cause it's basically the same deal, but with guns :P)

3) The Original Half-Life
FPS
Take a trip through time to when bodies gibbed into inexplicably large pieces and everyone had the same voice actor. Most of you have probably already played it, but there are kids who basically jumped right into HL 2. This would have been number 1 on the list if it wasn't so well known and old that most of us have already played it. This is where it all began so it probably the one that everyone REALLY should play before they kick the bucket.

I quote NO MAN! - me
akario

Unread post by akario »

Mirror's Edge: Based on Parkour, or those who understand french, l'art du déplacement, this game offers you a surreal dystopia in which the worls is yours. Make your way to the end of the levels by jumping, sliding, running, kicking, shooting, punching, anything. You play faith. You are a runner. Like other runners, you are kos. In the world, you are faith. Your sister is part of the law. She is framed to have killed the mayor of the city, and you must exterminate the corruption in the city causing them to think this. Great gameplay, great storyline, First Person Hug at the end.
Hugs are nice...
Get Mirror's Edge.
It's available on the console and the pc apparently.

Portal: Portal is a great first person puzzle shooter by teh best company, Valve. In the game, you are a prisoner in the aperture science laboratory. Specifically the training courses for the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device.
Thanks to the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device, the impossible, is easy.
"Do not touch the operational end of the device. Do not look into the operational end of the device. Do not submerge the device in liquid, even partially. Most important, under no circumstances should you- (static)"

As stated before: Dragon Age Origins, It's pretty fun. You should get a good comp to play it. I had a bad comp when I was starting and it was kind of boring, in fact my entire family tried it once and then stopped. I'm the only one who has continued playing it, because it looks epic on our new asus, it came at a pretty penny.. I can't stop playing it, the storyline is great, and morrigan is shmexy.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

akario wrote:Mirror's Edge: Based on Parkour, or those who understand french, l'art du déplacement, this game offers you a surreal dystopia in which the world is yours. Make your way to the end of the levels by jumping, sliding, running, kicking, shooting, punching, anything. You play faith. You are a runner. Like other runners, you are kos. In the world, you are faith. Your sister is part of the law. She is framed to have killed the mayor of the city, and you must exterminate the corruption in the city causing them to think this. Great gameplay, great storyline, First Person Hug at the end.
Hugs are nice...
Get Mirror's Edge.
It's available on the console and the pc apparently.

Portal: Portal is a great first person puzzle shooter by teh best company, Valve. In the game, you are a prisoner in the aperture science laboratory. Specifically the training courses for the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device.
Thanks to the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device, the impossible, is easy.
"Do not touch the operational end of the device. Do not look into the operational end of the device. Do not submerge the device in liquid, even partially. Most important, under no circumstances should you- (static)"

As stated before: Dragon Age Origins, It's pretty fun. You should get a good comp to play it. I had a bad comp when I was starting and it was kind of boring, in fact my entire family tried it once and then stopped. I'm the only one who has continued playing it, because it looks epic on our new asus, it came at a pretty penny.. I can't stop playing it, the storyline is great, and morrigan is shmexy.
If anyone wants an Xbox360 copy of Mirror's Edge, I'll send it to them if I get the time.
Life is whatever.
kplax3
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19938064

Unread post by kplax3 »

Sonic 3
If you haven't played this you either live under a rock, or were born after 1994
The epitome of hedgehog-kind

Goldeneye
throwing your hat at other people as odd job? most fun i've ever had.

any 2d fighter (ex. street fighter, dbz budikai 3 :ssfrogout: ,any marvel vs. capcom-esque game)
i don't know what it is about these games, but i always have fun playing them, especially when i can play as servebot
8:04 PM - Dept. of Redundancy Dept.: Get outta here, lolicon furry yuri fan!
8:04 PM - Dept. of Redundancy Dept.: But enough about me.
8:04 PM - Dept. of Redundancy Dept.: XD
Daedalus

Unread post by Daedalus »

I'm gonna do two top 3 lists, one for PC, one for consoles in general.

PC (excluding all valve games):
Starcraft: Best RTS game of all time, no description needed, if you've never heard of it, you shouldn't be on a PC.

Deus Ex: Very good FPS, game allows you to choose how you go about completing missions, which was rare in its day.

Diablo 2: Great RPG, it single-handedly got me into action RPGs on the PC.

Console:

Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64): It was mentioned earlier but it needs to be mentioned again because it is JUST THAT FUCKING AWESOME. The spoofs, parodies, and jokes are so insanely funny.

Perfect Dark/Goldeneye (N64): Pioneered FPS games on the console.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES): One of the greatest platformers of all time, has a great difficulty curve and some of the best music in any game ever.
BAMF
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25128613
Xbox Gamer Tag: SomTervo

Unread post by BAMF »

Every single person ever should try Mass Effect 2. If not just for the greatness that is this line:
"Hi, I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel."

When I heard that in-game I fell out of my chair.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

BAMF wrote:Every single person ever should try Mass Effect 2. If not just for the greatness that is this line:
"Hi, I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel."

When I heard that in-game I fell out of my chair.
I'm sorry but that wasn't the best quote in ME2.

The best quote was made by Legion if you bring him on Tali's loyalty mission. One of the quarians wanted to learn more about the Geth by performing experiments on them.

Legion says, "This platform is not available for experimentation."

I swear to god, Legion is amazing.
Life is whatever.
scottlind1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:27359265

Unread post by scottlind1 »

1) Legend of zelda a link to the past. it got me hooked on the series.

2) TF2

3) call of duty world at war, nazi zombies, at the map der riese.
Common sense is so rare now a days it's a god damn super power.
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22049012

Unread post by Wamp Rats »

Let's fuckin go oldschool here.

1. Metal slug (Any one)

Best little 2d action game EVER created. I'm serious.

2. Mariokart (N64, as long as you got buddies over)

This shit will never get old, at least to anyone that played it.

3. DDR (Dance dance revolution, any version on PS2)

Dance to music you don't know shit about and try to beat your fat friends as they smoke your ass on max 300. This game has a god damn workout mode
kplax3
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19938064

Unread post by kplax3 »

Wamp Rats wrote:Let's fuckin go oldschool here.
2. Mariokart (N64, as long as you got buddies over)

This shit will never get old, at least to anyone that played it.
MarioKart also is the cause of 90% of the screaming in the past 3 decades
8:04 PM - Dept. of Redundancy Dept.: Get outta here, lolicon furry yuri fan!
8:04 PM - Dept. of Redundancy Dept.: But enough about me.
8:04 PM - Dept. of Redundancy Dept.: XD