Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Mic / Speakers

How may we help you?
excalibur
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:7017278

Mic / Speakers

Unread post by excalibur »

How do I make it so that I can play anything from my speakers , such as a youtube video..

I have headsets.

*Straightens tie* Gentlemen
-Spy
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: Mic / Speakers

Unread post by captainAngry »

You probably have a USB headset or a headset that has some kind of drivers to run. WIth regular headphones, sound will play out of both the speakers and the headset if they are both plugged in and turned on.

To change between a headset and speakers, you need to go into your Control Panel (from the start menu) then Sounds and Audio Devices. Under the Audio tab there is a Sound playback section with an option to change your Default device. Your headset and then whatever your speakers use to play sounds should both be listed there.

Keep in mind that when you change this setting, whatever you are listening to will have to be restarted in order for you to hear this. This may mean closing and restarting TF2 or simply refreshing a webpage.
rudedog04
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18753451

Unread post by rudedog04 »

If you have a device manager, if you have Vista thn it would be from Realtek, you can use your USB headset by clicking on the box that says "headphones" in the device box. With the speakers, there should be a box in the device box that says "speakers out". There should be another jack for the microphone (usually pink). For that there's a box that says "microphone".
Image Image
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

A USB headset with a mic doesn't have a separate mic input. It's all done by USB.