Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Donations = 4 More Player Slots

Announcements for our community.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Donations = 4 More Player Slots

Unread post by captainAngry »

I have received enough donations to provide something back to the community. Effective immediately the server now has 32 slots instead of 28. This will help the server keep from getting full as fast and will also allow us to play 10 vs 10 on arena maps.
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:8016810

Re: Donations = 4 More Player Slots

Unread post by Äusländer »

Has anyone determined a way to make the text smaller on the scoreboard so when there are more than 12 people on a team you can see the whole scoreboard. I'm sick of being on the bottom and not being able to see my scores. :stupid:
z0th: "the gameserver is not a democracy."
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

You are on the bottom for what, 10 minutes? Get over it :P

But no, I have no idea. I run the game on the max resultion it has and my shit still gets cut off. Especially with 32 people.
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:8016810

Unread post by Äusländer »

captainangry wrote:Effective immediately the server now has 32 slots instead of 28.
I know someone has mentioned it before and I want to bring it up again. All talk with anything over 10 people talking is bad enough, now we have the potential of 32 people talking in the server at once and I think we need to find that mod that disables alltalk when there are more than 12 people on the server. Having alltalk really discourages you from trying to work as a team in maps and it also leads to a lot of dissing and trash talk towards the other team. It can be fun but sometimes it is also fun to be serious. I believe the aforementioned mod has the option of turning on alltalk after a round finishes so we can still get any dissing on in that period of time and all the "GG" stuff can go on during that time as well.

Also, no alltalk means less people for duck to annoy.

Going to need some people to vote yay or nay on this one though.
z0th: "the gameserver is not a democracy."
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

I like it but I would probably turn all talk off after 20 people. I have to work out some bugs that have been coming up with sourcemod but when I get a chance I will add a plugin to do this.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

Äusländer wrote:
captainangry wrote:Effective immediately the server now has 32 slots instead of 28.
I know someone has mentioned it before and I want to bring it up again. All talk with anything over 10 people talking is bad enough, now we have the potential of 32 people talking in the server at once and I think we need to find that mod that disables alltalk when there are more than 12 people on the server. Having alltalk really discourages you from trying to work as a team in maps and it also leads to a lot of dissing and trash talk towards the other team. It can be fun but sometimes it is also fun to be serious. I believe the aforementioned mod has the option of turning on alltalk after a round finishes so we can still get any dissing on in that period of time and all the "GG" stuff can go on during that time as well.

Also, no alltalk means less people for duck to annoy.

Going to need some people to vote yay or nay on this one though.
Yay
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Nay!
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Unread post by GrimGriz »

I'm a big fan of this:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=78986

I personally have it set to a threshold of 8...but it's nice that you can have it turn alltalk on at the ends of round and such.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

captainangry wrote:I like it but I would probably turn all talk off after 20 people. I have to work out some bugs that have been coming up with sourcemod but when I get a chance I will add a plugin to do this.
I think 20(25?) would be better because sometimes we have 12 people on the server and only 2 have mics. I end up having to type whatever I want to say past that because there are always 4 people talking at one time.

EDIT: If it were up to a vote, I would say keep alltalk altogether; don't kill it.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

All talk won't go away, that won't happen. A restriction would be good to turn it off when there are lots of people around. We have all gotten used to using all talk as team talk and telling the other team exactly what you are going to do. It's much more satisfying for me when I say something like "I am going to go to the point, take down the SG and kill everyone" and then actually pull it off then if I were to use team talk to say something similar.

Anyway, we didn't have many problems when we were running a 24 person server so I would say that 20 would be a good threshold.

And grim, thanks for the link to the plugin. Saves me having to find it.

-Captain
steiner949
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7276060

Unread post by steiner949 »

I agree, while I do love chatting it up with everyone, when there gets to be 20 or so people temporarily disabling alltalk would be good. It would help to have some team strategy when they get so large.
Give the hardest job to the laziest person, and they will find the easiest way to do it.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

Auslandar and I did a test yesterday. Talking was getting out of hand with about 22 people on and we disabled all talk. What happened was that nothing changed, the talking was still excessive and it didn't fix the problem.

After giving people some time to cool down with things not changing we turned all talk back on and then muted people that were talking too much, which fixed the problem. When the map changed and everyone was automaticly un-muted talking did not resume to the extent that it was and we were all hunky dory.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

So the solution would be not to disable alltalk, but to mute excessive talkers? I'm down with that.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

Yeah. I think mute should be a pretty unimportant thing. It un-mutes you when the map changes and isn't really a big deal. I know I can get annoying sometimes and I wouldn't get mad if someone muted me. I know a lot of people don't really get bent out of shape. If they complain in chat they can be gagged too.

Just explain that they will be unmuted when the map changes. If you want to give them a reason, give it to them or tell them that they were talking too much.

If we don't treat it like a big deal it shouldn't upset too many people.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Personally, I'd like an addon that would let someone say /mute CaptainAngry that would personally mute them, but also say something like:
GrimGriz has muted CaptainAngry; 3/23 have muted this player...or something

I'm not a big fan of personally muting people, as you can't tell what other people are talking about that respond to him...and they don't know that they've annoyed you to the point you had to mute them. OTOH, I suspect I annoy a lot easier than most of the admins, and I suspect most of the people who can admin mute would be hesitant to do so.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

75% of the server at any given time has the ability to mute/unmute people. We have a /votemute on the server but it rarely gets used. I think that should get used more because even if the vote fails, it lets people know that someone is annoyed.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I didn't see the alltalk vote in mah voting commands list yesterday and it got REALLY bad during avantiville (at which time it was at least 14 v 14).....I still wish you'd get ATM and set the threshold at least down to 20