Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

calculatedChaos Competitive Clan

Announcements for our community.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

calculatedChaos Competitive Clan

Unread post by captainAngry »

A few people have suggested to me that we participate in clan matches in some form or another. While I am all for the idea, it would be absolutely impossible for me to manage it. I would probably have time to help recruit new members and participate in some of the matches. What I don't have time for is finding people to play against, figuring out when everyone is available, etc.

If there were enough people to take initiative, we could probably pull it off. This does lead to some issues with recruiting, but I'll get to that. If we were to have a clan branch, I would like it to be separated from the calculatedChaos community to some extent. Since the community recruits people based on community involvement and personality rather than skill, our member group would not be conducive to actual clan vs. clan matches. I would, however, like to only allow calculatedChaos community members into the calculatedChaos clan. I would be willing to let someone into the community so that they can join the clan, mainly because the people I see trying out for the clan that aren't members, will probably be server regulars anyway and would be required to join the forum to participate in the clan. I think that the biggest draw for me to split it up this way is that if for some reason things get overheated or things go south, we can axe the whole thing and be done with it. Arguments are the downfall of communities like this.

One hurdle we have is choosing who would be in the initial clan. I would like to find a handful of people to manage the clan, recruit members and find people to play against. I can't just let everyone who tells me they have the time be a leader or even join the clan, but we need to get to a starting place somehow. Once those people are chosen, those people can ask people to join based on previous experience playing with those people or work with me to schedule time to recruit players on the server. I have no problem locking up the server every once in a while to do this, I would just need to work out a good time for the people doing the recruiting.

I honestly don't have a lot of experience running a competitive clan so that would be a good quality to poses if you are thinking about being one of the leaders. Obviously you would have to have an open availability and be a skilled player.

Anyway, in an effort to be proactive I have setup some stuff on the forum. There is one new category with three new forums. If you are a calculatedChaos community member, you have read access for all three of the forums. This means you can read everything posted there but you can't respond in any way. I have also added a calculatedChaos Clan group. The leaders of the clan will be the leaders of the group and will be able to add people to the group. If you are a member of this group, you have full access to the three new forums.

I have also added a new group called 'Clan Diplomat'. This is an open group that anyone can join that will give you full access to the calculatedChaos Clan Match Organization forum. This will allow members of other clans to join our forum, join the group and propose clan matches.

This is by no means a set-in-stone thing. I just want to know what you guys think and who, if anyone, would be interested. Feel free to post ideas or suggestions. If anyone has any interest in helping run this thing, please PM or steam message me so we can talk about it.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Re: calculatedChaos Competitive Clan

Unread post by GrimGriz »

Just want to throw in that my server is usually more empty than yours, and if you'd like to use it for matches/recruitment without kicking your regular 'community' players off the server for the sake of the competitive clan, I'd be happy to give the necessary person enough admin to set a password on lOOking for wOrK to lock it for a match/recruitment.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Auslander and I have been tossing around the idea of starting another server for jump maps and stuff. My guess is that we would dual purpose that server if any of what I just said actually happens.

But yeah, thanks for the offer. Who knows how things will end up working out in the end. I'm still just tossing around ideas until something sticks with a good sized group of people.
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:8016810

Unread post by Äusländer »

My involvement would probably be becoming a member of a team and that is about it. My current work load doesn't allow me the time needed to hunt down and schedule matches and/or worry about scheduling members of my team to fit those scheduled matches. Practices and matches are probably my limit.
z0th: "the gameserver is not a democracy."
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

im in the same boat as Auslander. I am very interested in competitive play but i dont have the time right now to be a leader.

a jump server would be cool.
D34THSPAWN
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18527016

Unread post by D34THSPAWN »

bump and agree i would love to play competetive matches but i dont have the time or knowledge to run them...maybe i could convince capone to come back to run them...i'll check with him and update

imagine yourself as a T-rex in a room full of T-ball poles and large soapy bubbles. Your stubby arms would render the pleasure-power of this room woefully out of reach.