Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Broken Servers

Announcements for our community.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Broken Servers

Unread post by captainAngry »

Last night valve released an update that broke sorcemod entirely. Once they realized that sourcemod was crashing all the servers, they disabled it. Until sourcemod releases an update we are unable to use any admin tools including ban and kick for assholes. The update broke all of the top admin mods so changing to a different one is out of the question.

On top of all this, I am out of town until Sunday. There is the old skool way of admining the server but I am hesitant to give people the rcon password, at least until I have access to a computer (I'm on my phone now).

I'm hoping that sourcemod will update and that the server will apply the update automatically but I have no idea when that may happen. My guess is that the sourcemod guys are working quickly to resolve the issue and that it will be fixed soon, however if I need to manually update it the earliest I can do it is Sunday.

-captain
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

Re: Broken Servers

Okay, a new version of sourcemod is out but I think I have to manually update it. That means it won't happen until Sunday.

On top of that tf2 was updated AGAIN a few minutes ago so everything is probably fucked all over again. The only server that seems to be messed up is the regular server, which sucks but is better than all of them being messed up.

Someone should add me on Google talk so they can tell me details. Theangrycapt@gmail. I'm on that shit all the time since I have android.
tHeReAlSuSaN
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19560363
Xbox Gamer Tag: Jess DA MEXICAN

Unread post by tHeReAlSuSaN »

aww f and i just got mine too...
What ev ,What ev, I do what I want...
-Eric Cartman
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

I'm back right now. I have to download backups of everything, update sourcemod and then re-add all the plugins and hope to god nothing breaks.

It's going to take a little while. The stable source mod build won't be released for at least a few days.

I am going to do the customMaps server first, followed by the fun server and then the idle server.
StrudelB
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20251166

Unread post by StrudelB »

captainangry wrote:I'm back right now. I have to download backups of everything, update sourcemod and then re-add all the plugins and hope to god nothing breaks.

It's going to take a little while. The stable source mod build won't be released for at least a few days.

I am going to do the customMaps server first, followed by the fun server and then the idle server.
I'm wishing for the best. The fun server's been a mess lately and we need some authority, and RTV. (that, and i wanna teleport some more)
Am I back?
Who knows?
All I know is that I'm gonna play some more TF2.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

The funServer and customMaps server seem to be working now. I am working on getting the idle server updated as I type this and I am confident I can get it up in the next 10 or so minutes.

If anything goes wrong, please let me know. I will have to update again later this week when they release a stable build of sourcemod.

-Captain
StrudelB
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20251166

Unread post by StrudelB »

captainangry wrote:The funServer and customMaps server seem to be working now. I am working on getting the idle server updated as I type this and I am confident I can get it up in the next 10 or so minutes.

If anything goes wrong, please let me know. I will have to update again later this week when they release a stable build of sourcemod.

-Captain
Thanks, Captain. The funServer works perfectly.
Am I back?
Who knows?
All I know is that I'm gonna play some more TF2.
Twister
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:23285097

Unread post by Twister »

Thanks Captain.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

Good. Even in the short time I played the game post update, I was getting tired of watching you guys waffle around, failing at anti-trolling.