Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Special Thanks to YOU!!

General discussion about gaming.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Special Thanks to YOU!!

Unread post by GrimGriz »

I just wanted to thank everyone who was present for my impromptu playtest of dustribute the other night (despite the horrible lack of feedback in the map thread here or here).

It was EXTREMELY helpful as a mapper to see a large group on the map (i usually can only get 6-8 testers, and with you guys each team had 10+). Seeing the different tactics and experiencing ppl doing those tactics is SUPER informative.

With this thanks, I'm going to throw in the fact that I spent all day yesterday getting a bomb-tracking system working so when alpha 9 comes out, you won't have to wonder where the bomb is anymore :)

Again,
BIG THANKS

GrimGriz
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Re: Special Thanks to YOU!!

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

we'll be always willing to help you out.
Thank you for allowing us to test your map.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I wish people were more into giving feedback but what can you do. We aren't really map makers, ya know? That said, my feedback was a combination of what I hurd on the server and what people sent me in steam messages afterward. I tried to initiate conversation about what could be better during the game because I figured there wouldn't be many people that would give written feedback afterward.

Anyway, we do play a TON of custom maps and we appreciate you giving us a look at an up and coming map.

-Captain
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

There used to be a feedback mod
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Unread post by GrimGriz »

captainangry wrote:I wish people were more into giving feedback but what can you do.
You can't really do anything, but I can't help myself from whining either...thus the really small font. It really doesn't bother me, I definitely got plenty of feedback during the game. There's this weird thing in my personality where it's hard to be nice and not be a little mean at the same time...the whine was probably just a manifestation of that. I seriously am very appreciative.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I'm pretty sarcastic myself. I'm just glad you are in a position to be on the server while we play your map.