Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

TF2 beta 2.0 Suspected Changes

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
Guy Montag
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19053068

TF2 beta 2.0 Suspected Changes

Unread post by Guy Montag »

Found on the steam forums. Seems semi-legit, even if some of the changes described are a bit far-fetched.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p?t=930130

For those who can't see...

All Classes

* [confirmed] There is now a menu option that will reload all clip-based weapons when enabled - however, this feature currently is in the testing phase and may get tweaks.

Heavy

* [confirmed] The heavy appears to have gotten a KGB replacement of sorts that makes him go around pyro speed when their out. This would explain the "vanguard party" achievements that were popping up earlier.
* [confirmed] The heavy's minigun cone has been tightened; however there is no confirmation whether this change will remain permanent.
* [confirmed] There are going to be changes to the sandvich. However, these changes are still mostly in the planning phase.

Medic

* [confirmed] There are improved particles to show when players are using Kritzkreig more easily.

Scout

* [confirmed] As of the moment the Sandman reduces the scout's health to 95 and returns his double jump. There are planned changes to the stun mechanic, but none have been implemented yet.
* [confirmed] FaN knockback has been adjusted significantly; it now knocks back targets based on damage and distance.
* [confirmed] Pistol scripts will apparently no longer work. The pistol fires every 0.175 seconds at its maximum rate as opposed to .1 seconds
* [confirmed] Pistol now fires at the rate of 1 shot per 0.175 seconds while holding down attack button (used to be 0.25 seconds)

Engineer

* [confirmed] The engineer is receiving a wrench that allows him to build his buildings faster. It does not allow him to upgrade them and repairs them at the same rate as before, however.

Demoman

* [unconfirmed] There are some proposed changes to the demoman and soldier's self-damage; however no specifics are available as of yet.

Soldier

* [unconfirmed] There are some proposed changes to the demoman and soldier's self-damage; however no specifics are available as of yet.

Spy

* [confirmed] The spy is apparently getting not one, but two suits. However, it is currently unsure if both suits or just one will make it past the beta.
* [confirmed] The first suit is as heard of before, giving the spy 90% damage reduction from flames and takes the place of his revolver.
* [confirmed] The second suit is also geared against pyros, but its effects and abilities are currently unclear.

BEFORE YOU POST:

90% damage reduction against flames doesn't mean he doesn't get set on fire. He can still get ganked by the axtinguisher.

A lot of the heavy changes seem brought on by his total absence from competitive play.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: TF2 beta 2.0 Suspected Changes

Unread post by captainAngry »

Very interesting. I don't have a problem with any of this and it all seems geared towards balancing everything out.
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5404857

Unread post by Plastic Jesus »

Well, the problem I have with the changes to the game that everyone seems to want is the so called "balance." Everyone wants to "balance" their own favorite class so that they can just solo through the game. The point of Team Fortress, as I always saw it and what made it a fun game was that the classes are not balanced. This makes the game like an advanced form of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Now with the updates it seems like people just want to be able to play deathmatch. For instance, spies. A spy should not be bothered with running around killing everyone, backstabbing and "pwning" everyone on the enemy team. A spy should be geared towards stealing the intell, sapping buildings, and a few well placed, AND well-timed back stabs. They shouldn't be running around trying to kill everyone. The same thing can be said of every class, that they have a specific "job" to do within the strategic boundaries of their class. But people don't seem to recognize this and just want to deathmatch every other class with their own favorite class.

I often find myself playing soldier and being forced to "deathmatch" people who think that scouts are the uber class. They jump around and jump around, not to get away from me, but honestly trying to kill me! My frustration with this is not that they are killing me, but that they are being idiots. This hopping around all over the place may work against noobs, but I just rocket them to death and make them look like chumps. I will put forth the example of Gypsy Joe, who just yesterday was trying to defend on a PL map as a scout. He kept racing towards me and bouncing around HONESTY TRYING TO KILL ME!!!!! I am thinking to myself, "OMG what a complete retard." Of course, he failed, "epically". But this is indicative of a lot of people who think that they can take on any other class with their favorite class. This then causes teams to be filled with say, four spies on a team of twelve, or five snipers, or six scouts!

I've read the TF2 forums, and heard most people's opinions about this, and from the updates so far it seems like this is where the game is going. To a point where everyone will just pick a single class and play it to the effect that they can take on the entire enemy team by themselves. They completely disregard the map objective and just run around trying to get as many points as they can. This results in maps that either are complete stalemates or complete rolls. Now, to the former, there are good stalemates and there are bad ones. Good ones, where people are playing to their best and cooperating with their teammates and bad ones where people are just running around being douche-bags trying to get the most points and not giving a shit about how this effects their team.

When I complain about this, I get the same old tired line about, "Well I'm just here to have fun, I don't care if we win or not." Well, I'm playing TF2 to have fun as well, and when my team is not cooperating and just running around deathmatching, it is not fun for me. If that was want I wanted to do I would just play a deathmatch game, but that is not what TF2 is about. So when I switch teams to the team that IS working together, don't fucking complain about it because I just want to have fun too.
Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Protip: People who whore points in rounds when the game doesn't even give experience are faggots.
Life is whatever.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

Plastic, this may surprise you, but, people can be pretty stupid sometimes.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

Plastic Jesus wrote: Well, I'm playing TF2 to have fun as well, and when my team is not cooperating and just running around deathmatching, it is not fun for me.
this.
Toastyking
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13398699

Unread post by Toastyking »

Guy Montag wrote: * [confirmed] The spy is apparently getting not one, but two suits.

Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5404857

Unread post by Plastic Jesus »

Riftoff wrote:Plastic, this may surprise you, but, people can be pretty stupid sometimes.
You know, I am a really smart guy, but if there is one thing in the world that I both constantly forget and can't understand, it's why so many people are so completely stupid.
Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.