Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Comp is screwed over...

How may we help you?
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Comp is screwed over...

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

2 things:

1) I have an adware problem, as well as a crap load of other things slowing me down. I could use a good free clean up program

2) I know that there most be I really easy solution, but I can't change my volume with the buttons on the keyboard (macs, woot woot) and the volume bar won't come up.

Also, if anybody can send me a link to a cheap pcu, that would be great....
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: Comp is screwed over...

Unread post by captainAngry »

It may seem silly but I don't run any anti-virus or spyware applications. Every once in a while I will download a few spywhere applications to see what the damage is and I havn't found any real problems in a long time.

The volume bar could be a few things. It just doesn't work with the keyboard, right? If it worked before and now doesn't you should be able to figure something out. If it never worked it's poissible they keyboard isn't fully compatable with your mac.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Unread post by Hanzo_blade »

First try disk clean up and defragging your computer. Then download Spyware Doctor to clean up problems. I think you can download a CD key for free if you look around on the net.

But eh, I would just reformat if it's going really slow like mine used to. That's the best solution. Just back up everything that you want on a external hard drive or something and reinstall XP (or vista). It's healthy to reformat once a year I believe, just because junk on your computer builds up overtime.
ImageImage
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

"I have an adware problem, as well as a crap load of other things slowing me down. I could use a good free clean up program"
Noone, and I repeat, NOONE, in my family uses any Antivirus programs. We look at it this way, If it looks too good to be true, It's a virus.
I can't help you with this, though I'd like to. Every couple of months though, I go through everything I've got installed on my comp and delete what I don't use/find unnecessary.
Life is whatever.
Kerb
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Xbox Gamer Tag: Roflkerb

Unread post by Kerb »

Do what hanzo said, usually a good FULL disk clean will really help speed up a computer, plus the defrag will do a good amount to. Also worse comes to worse you could just reformat.