Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

An Open Letter

Announcements for our community.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

An Open Letter

Unread post by spleenter »

I have spent a large part of the last 6 years of my life as a proud member of this community. From the glory days where we'd have to fight for an open slot on the servers to the awkwardness of the cC competitive teams and the mistake that Fartlandia was. I am so happy to see that people are interested and actively trying to revitalize this awesome community that is/was full of amazing people. I have made many friends in this community, and everyone here has had an impact (positive or negative) on my life. This community has taught me a lot of things about people, life, and the real world. I know I'm not the easiest person to get along with at times, let's face it I'm a sarcastic asshole, but I've tried my best to be at least a semi-decent person and a good admin on the server.

Now that all the mushy crap is out of the way.

I'm done.

I'm done putting on a face for this community. I'm done pretending to care.

I respect all of you who are trying to revive this community, but i can no longer be a part of that movement if it means I'm putting my friendships at risk. You people are like family to me, and seeing people act towards each other they have been in the last few weeks/months is downright unacceptable. I've kept my mouth shut about it and i will continue to.

I do not wish to be an admin any longer, I do not wish to be a part of this revival movement. I'll be more than happy to come on the server and play games with you all, but when it comes to organizing events and uploading maps and keeping shit rolling, i want no part of that.

I'll be hanging around the forums and discord and might post here and there. But not as anything other than a cC old fag.

I wish you all the best of luck in the future, and i hope that you can revive this community. But I will not be along for the ride any longer.

These last 6 years have been real cC. You were my first real home on the internet and I'll miss most of you.

TL:DR
I'm out.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Noah
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:38118709

Re: An Open Letter

Unread post by Noah »

spleenter wrote: I'm done putting on a face for this community. I'm done pretending to care.....
You people are like family to me,
Your interpretation of family sounds like something I would never want to be apart of.

Honestly, Im not a complete vet of cC, but I care about this community as much as anyone else. That I can promise you. I was tired of this exact type of negativity, whether it be facebook(which I hoped is changed or deleted), on discord and/or in the tf2 server. "cC is dead, lolol lets shitpost and be negative instead of just leaving or helping fix it".

Im tired of seeing this, and I believe we can make cC even better than it was. This kind of attitude needs to be cut out of the community completely.
Bluedemon0015
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:13427783

Unread post by Bluedemon0015 »

Yes, chalk this up as shit post for one part of a post. Even though he had the common courtesy to say he is stepping down as an admin. And ignore all the help he did for the server in the past not just admining but with maps and other things.
Noah
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:38118709

Unread post by Noah »

Bluedemon0015 wrote:Yes, chalk this up as shit post for one part of a post. Even though he had the common courtesy to say he is stepping down as an admin. And ignore all the help he did for the server in the past not just admining but with maps and other things.

First Im sorry if I came off as rude and ignored the rest of his post. I wont deny that he hasnt greatly helped cc in the past, but I also wont deny that implying that you are leaving sinking ship should be acceptable to people who still care and try to keep things going
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

Noah wrote:

First Im sorry if I came off as rude and ignored the rest of his post. I wont deny that he hasnt greatly helped cc in the past, but I also wont deny that implying that you are leaving sinking ship should be acceptable to people who still care and try to keep things going

I never said anything about leaving because the server is dead/dying. There comes a time in everyone's life that you walk away from things and move on. This was me having the decency to inform everyone that i would be doing so instead of fading into obscurity like most of the other people who have left without saying anything.

I have been a part of this forum for almost 6 years, not counting the time before i made a forum account. And this thread is how people are going to remember me and what kind of community this used to be and could be again.

I understand you apologized for what you said, but that doesn't mean you get a pass. You accused me of being negative when all i was doing is saying goodbye. That hurt...

A lot...

Just be careful what you say/do around the new people.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Sno
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19344818

Unread post by Sno »

I am sorry to see you go, you were/are a unique personality on the server. I do understand your situation, there are changes on the horizon, and you don't want to ruin or taint the relationships you have built here based on your views of whats to come.

Anyway, I'm sure I speak for the majority here when I say that you are always welcome to stop by to play, talk or just fuck around in the classic cC style.

-Sno
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

I'm here to say goodbye.

I always did view you as one of my favorite high admins, a couple of people laugh at me or whatever about that opinion, but I really did think you were one of the better ones. You were more of one of those serious admins, though not to the extent where you can never allow yourself to have a bit of fun with your powers sometimes. It's kind of what I wanted to shape myself to be, but disciplining one's self in an overall layed back community can be a challenge.

Your thoughts on this whole revival thing is understandable. I don't want to talk too much about that though, not yet at least. I'll simply continue waiting to see the end result of this era.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

"The end of this era" doesn't make it seem like you have a lot of hope, Haun. You shouldn't be jaded at your age.

Anyway Spleenter, I haven't always agreed with you, but I mean I haven't always agreed with anyone about anything so that's not a surprise. I feel like most of the complaints I saw about you were overblown even if there were occasions you managed to come off like an ass. There were good and bad times, but largely dull times. Yet at the end of the day you join a community for the interaction with the people, and if you aren't enjoying that or if you don't believe they aren't being conducive to the community then of course you leave. If I had an idea of the situations you're referring to I'd be able to describe whether I agree with them or not, but unfortunately I've been going through situations for the past year or so pretty much and haven't been able to do anything that I would consider conducive to the group, including playing on the server or being in the Discord or do anything really. It just isn't something that I can do right now, and people can think that I've abandoned them or whatever but that's just the way it is. If they want to know they can message me on Steam as it's the best way to reach me.

All I can say is that I'm sure you didn't make the decision lightly. You don't put entire months of your life over the course of several years towards tending to one micro-corner hole-in-the-wall on the internet and just think "Yeah I'll go now" without any forethought. And like it or not (and I'm sure you don't like it), you being on the funserver all that time did influence a plethora of little children like Haun into maybe becoming decent people. Or at least less talkative people. Or maybe I'm being too optimistic. Regardless, I'd certainly say you've done your time, and I wish you the best.

And you can't call the team awkward if we go 4-4. You can call it successful.
Life is whatever.
scottlind1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:27359265

Unread post by scottlind1 »

Well Spleenter, I'm sad to see you step down. But I understand where you're coming from and I look forward to seeing you on the server from time to time.
Common sense is so rare now a days it's a god damn super power.
HybridPuppy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22109745

Unread post by HybridPuppy »

As someone who doesn't really do shit anymore on cC and who only comes on every once in a while flaunting their "cC Vet" Tag in chat, to which everyone wonders how in the hell I got that, I will say that I remember you as one of the better parts of cC. That you've put so much effort into trying to revitalize the server and community, and what you've done for us over these past 6 years, is something to be respected. Maybe some day you'll find yourself back, or be like the rest of us old fags and pop in once in a blue moon, or simply leave this place behind as a fond memory. Whatever it is, I hope it makes you happy.

Anyhow, good luck in your future endeavors Spleenter, and thanks for all the hard work. Also yes I realize I'm months late on this.
Signatures are dumb.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Ur all gay lmao