Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Captian...

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Re: Captian...

Unread post by g_e_oos »

There is usually always someone on with banning rights now. Usually the first people on and the last people off. If you see something just message someone one of us.
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I should be able to pick them out. If that meat spin comes up again, that guy is perma banned. I think it is a guy and his girlfriend. In any case, I told the both of them that if it happens again, they are both banned permanently.

If any admin sees it they should be able to look at it while in the admin menu and ban the person. They said they did it on accident and those two were on the server most of the night without causing any problems so I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and unban the guy.
z0th
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by z0th »

is there anything we can do to help? is there a command that any player can run that can dump useful info to the console, logfile, or screenshot?
my console familiarity is with the Q3/ET engine, but my experience with the source engine is limited.

actually, any guides to allowed player console commands would be helpful. ive been looking for a good one.

edit: answered my own question here. 'status' and 'condump' work just fine. it will dump a file named "condump###.txt to ${tf_install_path}\Steam\steamapps\${profile_name}\team fortress 2\tf. running 'status' then 'condump' will dump the steam ids of any users connected to the server at the time (along with all sorts of other data).
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

The problem last time was that you guys couldn't ban people when they were on. If we banned them it would ban their steam ID and they would have to get a new account and buy the game again to play on our server. Like I said, I already warned both of them so if anything at all comes up again, anyone can perma ban them and if they really want to come back, they can come and complain on the forum.