Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Good mods/bad mods

Discuss any problems with our stockMaps TF2 server and make suggestions for improvement.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Good mods/bad mods

Unread post by Riftoff »

RTD: I really dislike this one, it makes well thought out plans go away, with one sniper with instant kills, or the medic that gets frozen.
Fast respawn: It's nice for some maps, but it always gives the defending team a huge advantage, the ability to turn it off would be nice.
Pregame chaos: add 100% crits and this becomes the best mod ever
Melee only: Good for DM maps, keep it

More crap to be added later.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: Good mods/bad mods

Unread post by captainAngry »

RTD: Slowly but surely I am finding that almost every one of the good things that RTD could give you could cause an entire round to go down the drain. With instant kills, you can take out an entire team trying to defend the last point. With no clip you can build inside walls and insta-cap a flag. With low gravity you can get on top of buildings you shouldn't be able to, a problem especially bad if the player was an engie and now has an SG that is impossible to destroy.

I have thought about just disabling all of the good things in RTD and then not telling anyone just to see how long it would take for someone to realize it. I think that this server is getting too popular to continue to keep RTD.

Fast Respawn: the way I have it setup now gives no advantage to either team. Steam uses a respawn wave that varies depending on what is happening on each team. The variable I have set for this reduces the total time you have to wait by a percentage, rather than a fixed number.

Basicly, everyone has to wait about 20% (guess) less time then they would at the default setting but since respawn waves are already in place, there is no inherit advantage.

Pregame Chaos: The way this mod works, I can't add 100% crits to it without rewriting it into the plugin, which I am not going to do.

Melee Only: This was added to the server specifically for melee maps. I can easaly set it to be on automatically based on certain maps. I like being able to turn it on sometimes, but it definately doesn't have to be something everyone has access to.

Keep these posts coming. I like hearing what everyone thinks.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Re: Good mods/bad mods

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

yeah role the dice was good when i first started playing in the server, but now since the server has become more popular i think that it hinders the server in some ways.
i love the pregame mayhem, and the spawn times are perfect.. i really dislike insta-spawn servers because it just causes a stalemate every map.