Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Graphics Cards

General discussion about gaming.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Graphics Cards

Unread post by Haunwulf »

So yeah apparently I don't even meet the minimum requirements for ducktales, kk.

I'm getting tired of running tf2 with mat_phong set to 0 and disabled skyboxes and get little to no performance increase. I also kinda want to branch off of source games and indies. Which is hard to do when you know your graphics card is pretty bad.
I figured it's time for me to begin searching to upgrade my computer a bit. Starting with my graphics card. And I'll take care of everything else around...Never.

So firstly; What graphics card are you using?
2. PCI-Express?
3. Is it actually good? Explain. (Tell frame average, screenshot your pretty maximum-quality vidyagame, etc.)
4. Does it make lots of noise?
5. Average Temperature? (In Celsius plz.)
And if you really want to, go ahead and throw all your computer specs down onto this thread.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Re: Graphics Cards

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Haunwulf wrote:So firstly; What graphics card are you using?
2. PCI-Express?
3. Is it actually good? Explain. (Tell frame average, screenshot your pretty maximum-quality vidyagame, etc.)
4. Does it make lots of noise?
5. Average Temperature? (In Celsius plz.)
And if you really want to, go ahead and throw all your computer specs down onto this thread.
1: ATI Radeon HD 5670.

2: I don't use it.

3: Well, if I unlimit TF2 I can run it at 120+ FPS with everything on high. Skyrim lags sometimes, but that's probably all of my mods (and the initial bugs that come with Skyrim). I can play most games on like the Ultra graphics setting and get no frame drops, though.

4: Does my GRAPHICS CARD make lots of noise? No, but my computer fans can be a little obnoxious when I'm not listening to anything. I tune them out, though.

5: I live in Texas, and it's summer. Outside of summer, I would say I hover around low-mid 40 Celsius across the board (CPU, Hard Drive and System) when I'm playing games, high 30s if I'm like writing or something. Rarely do I get to mid-30s.

I don't play really graphics intensive games, though.
Life is whatever.