Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Super Smash Bros 4

General discussion about gaming.
krubby
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24566857

Super Smash Bros 4

Unread post by krubby »

No one has made a topic yet so I might as well.

The graphics look nice. I like that they didn't make the mistake they did in brawl when they tried to make everything realistic, instead of sticking to the individual styles of each game. Megaman will be great. WUT for the other two. Also, I like that they finally gave Pikachu a neck and a proportionately larger head.

"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Re: Super Smash Bros 4

Unread post by Haunwulf »

My best character is still in the series; Pikachu (No surprise), and I don't see any nerfs so I'm happy about this game overall so far.
I'm not too hype on Villager and the Wii Fit trainer being in the game, Megaman has a tad more but still not a whole lot.

I have a few things I hope this game will have that I don't think has been confirmed yet;
-Chain Grabs
-A Character that isn't so overpowered that it has its own tier.
-Chain Grabs
-That Lucario doesn't get replaced by Mew 3.
-Chain Grabs.
krubby

Unread post by krubby »

Marth, Sonic, Toon Link, Peach, Luigi and Olimar have all been confirmed to be in the new game. Toon Link looks really good. Also, check out this SM Galaxy map that'll be in it
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
Fireproof
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20223525
Twitter Username: calcChaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: Fireproof Gamer

Unread post by Fireproof »

I know solid snake won't be coming back, but that was my go to character in brawl. I don't know if he was considered a strong character, but I'm gonna miss him.
ImageImage
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Fireproof wrote:I know solid snake won't be coming back, but that was my go to character in brawl. I don't know if he was considered a strong character, but I'm gonna miss him.
Snake was considered a strong character provided you had good execution. Don't put too much thought into it though, brawl is kinda shit as a competetive game. I love Sakurai but I might personally slap him if I meet him because tripping is fucking stupid. I still like playing as snake casually and I hope that we'll get another character with a strong projectilve game. Or just buff zelda to be actually usable in the way she was designed.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I can still see Snake getting into this game. Sonic is considered a third party character, so him showing up rose my belief in seeing Snake return. Also, Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake Eater.
If Snake doesn't show up though, I won't mind. Because one of my friends use snake and he's annoying as hell when he uses him.
Last edited by Haunwulf on 18 Nov 2013, 12:21, edited 2 times in total.
krubby

Unread post by krubby »

I wonder if Diddy will keep his bananer peels. I know that no tripping is gonna be a thing but maybe he was only talking about random ones and not forced?
Nyrator
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29187375
Twitter Username: DarkRyan75

Unread post by Nyrator »

I too wonder about Diddy. I had fun messing with people by repeatedly throwing banana peels at them.

I'm happy that Marth is in it at least since he's been my favorite since Melee. Not sure how to feel about the King design over the Prince design though (and the fact that he has shorter hair, I loved his long hair). His model also seems a bit wonky rig-wise but I'll wait until the game comes out to see what they do with it.

The only thing that really disappoints me so far is that Toon Link is in meaning normal Link is probably pointless again. Oh, that, and the lack of a Gamecube controller.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Meanwhile in the Smash Bros waiting room since X/Y came out...

Nyrator wrote: the lack of a Gamecube controller.
Crap, don't remind me.

Also, when's Ness/Lucas announcement? I don't use either of em much but I would love to see screenshots of either one of the 2 in the new smash bros.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Unread post by _Pipeline »

Nyrator wrote: the lack of a Gamecube controller.
I already wasn't going to buy an entire new platform just to get this game, and since it doesn't work with a GCN controller I'm doubletriplequadruple not going to get it.
krubby

Unread post by krubby »

From what I've heard from TgameP, the Wii U controller is actually really easy to use and is all around pretty nice.
Nyrator
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29187375
Twitter Username: DarkRyan75

Unread post by Nyrator »

I can't argue that, I love the Wii U gamepad.

But the lack of a C-stick is going to hurt me deeply. It's just not the same.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Marth is great. You really cannot deny that he's one of the most perfectly balanced characters across all the games he appears in, and for Brawl he got a launch power buff to compensate for Roy getting taken out of the game. So sure, on one hand you get all the squeaky middle school boys trying to be good at playing him so they can brag about them there leet skillz, but the fact of the matter is that most of these said players are better off in their trade when spamming Ike or Metaknight and their incredibly cheap, no-effort-required movesets. Even taking into account his Counter, Marth is one of those characters you just can't win as by spamming. His final smash is very cheap, but at the same time failing to hit anyone in your path when executing it will usually kill you.

Lucario is garbage. Don't get me started on him again.

Pikachu is great, but also incredibly cheap and basically the SSB equivalent of a W + m1/W + m2 pyro.

Toon Link is average. It's hard to place him within any solid boundaries, but he doesn't exactly stand out anywhere in regards to anything save for the fact that he's easily launched by heavy attacks.

Spent literally my entire childhood through most of high school playing all of the SSB games up to and including Brawl for upwards of several hundred hours each. I did everything. I got everything. I wasted perhaps 6 years or more of my life doing literally nothing else.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

_Pipeline wrote:His final smash is very cheap
>Final smashes
>Cheap
Damn it's like you play the game seriously when smash balls are on.
If anything complain about Sonic's
_Pipeline wrote: Lucario is garbage. Don't get me started on him again.
Boi, is that a challenge? I'll take it if Nintendo doesn't fuck up with the wi-fi again.

But on serious note, I don't see what makes lucario bad.
His aerials are amazing,
He's a character that's easy as hell to make combos with,
His Aura ability (If you don't know what it is, think of it as the TF2's current equalizer) makes it easier to make a come-back. Not to mention how, according to Sakurai, his ability has been buffed. Which in my imagination, would be crazy as hell. Unless he's dumb enough to announce like, a 2% damage increase.

-Yeah his B-Up is pretty lame since it can be ledge-hogged easily in some cases. But with his wall-grab and B-Down recovery trick makes up for it in my opinion.

EDIT: Oh hey look, they buffed his B-Up.
-Yeah, his final smash sucks
If you don't know how to set it up or just simply dumb enough to try to rely on it against a flying character
, but like I hinted a few paragraphs back, who the hell cares about "balance" when playing smash bros seriously with smash balls. They are a complete round-changer and I think should only be used in 4-Player FFA fights or when there's a huge skill difference between you and your opponents
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

Lucario is lame
Burnerman
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19878267

Unread post by Burnerman »

LaN wrote:Lucario is lame
On a side note,stop taking mash brothers seriously
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

LaN wrote:Lucario is lame
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

All the characters are pretty equal until you actually know how to play and DACUS.
unless you play metaknight, if you do, youre a faggot.
on that note. I want wavedashing back.
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

EDIT: I know it's late to correct myself but better than never.
Last edited by Haunwulf on 10 Dec 2014, 10:56, edited 2 times in total.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Haunwulf wrote:
I doubt Sakurai would bring wavedashing back, or at least the way it was back then. But hey, there's always the mods.
One thing for sure is that SSB4 is going to appeal more to the competitive Melee peeps than Brawl. So I guess that's a good start.
I remember someone saying that they're trying to bring more movement options. Like a legit wavedash that didn't involve an execution barrier.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Wavedashing was fairly easy to do in melee.
Burnerman

Unread post by Burnerman »

this is way better the lucario
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

At first I thought he'd be like, metaknight 2.0 or something, but then I realized that they haven't showed any of his air game in the trailer and saw his B-Up doing poorly as a recovery move.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

There was a SSB Melee tournament in my dorm hall the other day. Well, two in a row, actually, one in 4-player match format and the other 1-on-1, with a total of 10 of us competing in a 12 player tournament, and 2 level 6 bots to fill the empty spaces. I got second place both times, losing the final match to the same guy in each. I did okay when you take into account the fact that the last time I played SSB for more than 15 minutes, let alone picked up a gamecube controller, was at least 4 years ago. But I'll also be honest, I'm not nearly half as good at the series as I used to be anymore.

I could tell straight out while playing in the tourney that my reflexes and muscle memory for the game had just decayed, which isn't really surprising. It's an odd feeling, though, when you suddenly blank out and screw up combos you never used to mess up, and you can just tell you're bad all over again. Half the other entrants were incredibly fond of just spamming the same attacks over and over again (see also: Link's up+B), and I'm positive I would've dominated everyone if I hadn't been so out of practice.
Zarik
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3501639

Unread post by Zarik »

Burnerman wrote:
this is way better the lucario
i'm maining Mac
scottlind1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:27359265

Unread post by scottlind1 »

Guess I'll be getting this one for the 3ds as i dont have a wii U.
Common sense is so rare now a days it's a god damn super power.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

RIP Jigglypuff, Ivysaur, Squirtle, most likely Snake, possibly Ice Climbers.
RIP Ridley, Midna, and Ashley fanboys.
Oh and Mewtwo, but cmon, you know that was never gonna happen
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

NO JIGGLYPUFF? NO SNAKE?

FUCK YOU NINTENDO FAGGOTS, I'M NOT BUYING YOUR GAME
Burnerman