Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Hey! Listen!

Discussion about anything.
Psither
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32553346

Hey! Listen!

Unread post by Psither »

Maybe people just need a half-decent topic to discuss.

Time to start simple.

Zelda or Metroid, which would be more profitable for an expedition?

Metroid because there's loot absolutely everywhere instead of localized to just dungeon chests, and you don't need to carry around 25 different weapons and enough explosives to assassinate the entire royal family just to get to it.

Of course, you still need lots of explosives, just not quite as many.

Oh, and if you're gonna post something, at least argue. The real reason no one ever comes here is because you're all really fucking boring and never do or say anything interesting.

Now make with the arguing.
ImageImage
Scrambles
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41717517

Re: Hey! Listen!

Unread post by Scrambles »

Well shit. I can't argue this, I grew up with Mario. I could never get LoZ or Metroid cartridges to work as a kid, so I wasn't really introduced to them until I discovered what emulators were.

However, I've had a more pleasant experience playing Zelda games than I have in Metroid games. I like the idea of organized events in a game and items localized in things like dungeon chests because it sets up events in such a way that you have to play the game the right way to do it. It makes the game easier to play a second time because it makes you want to go back and see what you can remember, which, in my opinion, adds a millions of replay values.

Now someone else post
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Unread post by _Pipeline »

Scrambles wrote:Well shit. I can't argue this, I grew up with Mario. I could never get LoZ or Metroid cartridges to work as a kid, so I wasn't really introduced to them until I discovered what emulators were.

However, I've had a more pleasant experience playing Zelda games than I have in Metroid games. I like the idea of organized events in a game and items localized in things like dungeon chests because it sets up events in such a way that you have to play the game the right way to do it. It makes the game easier to play a second time because it makes you want to go back and see what you can remember, which, in my opinion, adds a millions of replay values.

Now someone else post
I AM GOING TO ARGUE AGAINST THAT POST BECAUSE IT IS OFFENSIVE TO MY PEOPLE.

FUCK YOU, PLAY MORE SANIC
Psither

Unread post by Psither »

Pipeline use your hands to type out an argument rather than your face.

I'm not sure if you've ever played Super Metroid, but that game has a LOT of hidden things to reward you for trying absolutely everything.

Whereas Zelda rewards structured and strategic pathing, Metroid encourages exploration and trying new things out by having collectables scattered around the entire map. You can spend a hundred hours on Metroid Prime and not find all the powerups, much less log entries, whereas you can easily complete an entire Legend of Zelda game in half the time. Zelda is much more in the box when it comes to its gameplay, whereas Metroid strongly rewards outside thinking strategies and going wherever you want to go.

See how to make a valid argument now? Go.
ImageImage
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Unread post by _Pipeline »

Because I was trying exceedingly hard to argue seriously about video games.
Psither

Unread post by Psither »

This is exactly why the forums are dead.

Metroid or Zelda or pics or it didn't happen.
ImageImage
Fireproof
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20223525
Twitter Username: calcChaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: Fireproof Gamer

Unread post by Fireproof »

Dark green is hard to read.
ImageImage
Psither

Unread post by Psither »

Taste the goddamn rainbow, then complain.

This is fine.

I guess you never played much of Zelda or Metroid? Sucks for you.
ImageImage
Fireproof
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20223525
Twitter Username: calcChaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: Fireproof Gamer

Unread post by Fireproof »

Not fine.
ImageImage
JamesOfGoo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34063525

Unread post by JamesOfGoo »

(I have the feeling this could not possibly end well in anyone's favor)

(Also this is pretty much an invite for everyone to color their posts and strain everyone's eyes, just putting it out there.)

:barf:
Image High-five.
Psither

Unread post by Psither »

Then don't read it.

You obviously don't really intend to talk about the topic, so I guess it doesn't really matter anyways, but for the record, I still have to talk about it because fuck you.

So I guess I'll go bash Sonic next since it's literally the only other thing posted in this topic.

Sonic has rings, yes, but you take a single hit, and you lose them all. Doesn't sound very loot-friendly to me. Also, you can't even buy anything useful with them, and they vanish forever if you somehow manage to get 100 of them at once or manage to walk by a goalpost.

The only thing that was really hidden was the Chaos Emeralds in the first games and even those weren't done very well because it was usually someplace irrelevant and such, and they didn't even do anything. And they're probably all fakes anyways, because they're the wrong color and there's only 6 of them.
ImageImage
Scrambles
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41717517

Unread post by Scrambles »

Sonic is ghey.

It is burring

Never broke new grounds

When it tried it failed

Thus, Sonic is gue.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Here's a controversal opinion for everyone to argue.
I don't like Zelda games.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

I just don't like the puzzles...Which is 80% of the series.

(Also this is pretty much an invite for everyone to color their posts and strain everyone's eyes, just putting it out there.)
Actually, Psither's colors aren't that bad, yours is worse.
Burnerman
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19878267

Unread post by Burnerman »

wacky smacky flappy doo
Bluedemon0015
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:13427783

Unread post by Bluedemon0015 »

Haven't played much Metroid so can't really argue about it... BUT I'll try the LoZ side.

LoZ has a very well structured, streamlined loot system. You know what's where [if you've played]. If you need money or ammo you break shit or kill things [easy concept]. Bosses were actually well made for the most part. They gave a way to beat them that wasn't just hit the shit out of it all the time. Every once in a while it made you think to beat them. The ability to skip areas was nearly impossible and to progress far into an area you weren't supposed to be in yet was limited. The need to use the items/weapons found made it so. Also the weapons you found were cool and usful in situations. Made the game a bit about finding weaknesses which I liked. Game has it's ups and downs tho. Replay value was kinda meh. Really collect hearts was it [the gems I think of as weapons in Oot]. Only in majoras mask was it really there. Collect all the mask and find the faries--> get cool shit. The collectables had a point which was nice.

Games like mario and sonic are the most streamline. Mario 64; you get coins and get 100 you get a life, goal is to get stars from missions/find them. Every boss fight was the same. Sonic; get 100 rings get a life, goal go right [fucking hated that, happy about new ones but don't play them]. Basiclly the same as all super marios. These really lack a story to them though.

Also soft colors seem alright that aren't close to grey
Bluedemon0015
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:13427783

Unread post by Bluedemon0015 »

MrKerplunkers wrote:Here's a controversal opinion for everyone to argue.
I don't like Zelda games.