Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Should I stay here?

Discussion about anything.
pcJDAWG
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:36545816
Twitter Username: @pcJDAWG

Should I stay here?

Unread post by pcJDAWG »

I've just joined this community, and I don't know if I should stay here. I am constantly being offended by other members of this community, just because I'm young (13). I don't like playing TF2 while I'm being insulted, and I really don't want to annoy anyone.

I don't know most of the members, so I don't know if everyone is as ageist as the guys I've played with.
Have I just happened to bump into some jerks, or are all of you like this?
Kriegsmarine
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22107167

Re: Should I stay here?

Unread post by Kriegsmarine »

I don't care how old you are, but if you scream into your mic I will not hesitate to hate you forever. Just because a few people do this doesn't mean I hate your entire age group, every age group has assholes and if you prove yourself to not be a total tosser than I could care less who you are.

think of it like this image:

just replace "post" with whatever you're planning on doing
Doke doke doke ushiro metai yatsu wa doke
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Unread post by _Pipeline »

Welp, you've gotten him to hate all of us now.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

Any [online] community will have people who dislike others due to age/gender/affiliations/favorite color. If you leave because a few people mock you because of your age then that's your decision to make, not ours.
Dreathtil-P-V-A
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13895992

Unread post by Dreathtil-P-V-A »

Greetings youth of tomorrow. The "Screw ups" of today are the "Your problem now" of tomorrow. Allow me to be the devils mentally handicapped advocate and say to stick with the group and learn the ropes of this wonderful thing we call the interwebz there are some of us here who would for many reasons tear you apart should you do something they don't like. But that's kinda the part everyone here gets through. While it remains entirely up to you, you just have to overcome the difficulties of settling into a new group and adjust. That is to say simply find the people you like, find the people you don't, then using the law of favouritism avoid associating with the people you don't like (But that doesn't mean just run your mouth off to another group member cause you don't like them). It can take you any amount of time to fit in and adjust but.................. Its only a walk in the park if the whole point of this community was to take walks in the park, It will either be easy or be hard, find what people like and dislike about you and find the division part where you can be yourself, and the parts of yourself that might blatantly tick somebody off.

So inevitably its your decision so here's my position on this topic that I have so graced by posting.

I don't care. Okay more like I don't give a fuck what you decide.

It appears as though I am needed
FierySnake
Steam ID: FierySnake
Twitter Username: Fiery Snake1

Unread post by FierySnake »

It's the internet bro, you need a thick skin to survive.

HARD CARRY PLAYERS UNITE!!!
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

pcJDAWG wrote:I'm young (13).
Step it up bro. If you don't want to be disrespected only because of age;
Act like you're X years old and keep it as that age until you're that old.
Also, do you use a mic?
pcJDAWG

Unread post by pcJDAWG »

Haunwulf wrote:
Also, do you use a mic?
Yes, I do.
FierySnake
Steam ID: FierySnake
Twitter Username: Fiery Snake1

Unread post by FierySnake »

pcJDAWG wrote:
Haunwulf wrote:
Also, do you use a mic?
Yes, I do.
If you use it then that's the root of your problems.

HARD CARRY PLAYERS UNITE!!!
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Pro tip: Grow a thick skin.

This will help you equally both on the internet and in real life.
TragicRhapsody
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:39334908
Xbox Gamer Tag: TragicRhapsody

Unread post by TragicRhapsody »

I'm late, pc, by half a year, but if you're still around I'd like you to know that I first joined when I was 13, and at worst today I'm an annoying yet funny/able-to-deal-with aspect of tf2(I'm 14 now). In my first experiences, I got a little bullied for the fact that I was young, but it all blew over as soon as they realized how mature I acted around them. Also, in the coming time, I got a microphone and just then noticed how acceptable my voice sounds [it's deeper than alot of guys, I'll tell you that], but that shouldn't concern you in the slightest. If you still want advice on fitting in, just deal with it and straighten up by acting like your at a fancy party. Be polite and be nice to admins, and don't point out your young again until people like you. There's been young people in the cC before, long before I came up but do have quite a reputation because nobody knew they were young, but acted mature and with respect. If you can do that, you'll be able to stay and just might find the funserver enjoyable not after long.
I will feed you to the homeless.
pcJDAWG

Unread post by pcJDAWG »

:effort:
TragicRhapsody wrote:I'm late, pc, by half a year, but if you're still around I'd like you to know that I first joined when I was 13, and at worst today I'm an annoying yet funny/able-to-deal-with aspect of tf2(I'm 14 now). In my first experiences, I got a little bullied for the fact that I was young, but it all blew over as soon as they realized how mature I acted around them. Also, in the coming time, I got a microphone and just then noticed how acceptable my voice sounds [it's deeper than alot of guys, I'll tell you that], but that shouldn't concern you in the slightest. If you still want advice on fitting in, just deal with it and straighten up by acting like your at a fancy party. Be polite and be nice to admins, and don't point out your young again until people like you. There's been young people in the cC before, long before I came up but do have quite a reputation because nobody knew they were young, but acted mature and with respect. If you can do that, you'll be able to stay and just might find the funserver enjoyable not after long.
You're a bit late.

But nonetheless, thanks for the advice!
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

Yes.
krubby
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24566857

Unread post by krubby »

Reported for spam.
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

I love you because life is too short.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.