Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Fixing all the shitty funserver maps

Discuss any problems with the server and make suggestions for improvement.
the asylum
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17799965

Fixing all the shitty funserver maps

Unread post by the asylum »

So a certain admin and I have been in contact over a few months, and we got discussing the idea of fixing all the broken and/or shitty maps on the funserver. Being stuck on the same round of Chamber for half an hour isn't much fun, lemme tell ya.

So let's make a list of all the maps we need fixed, and how to fix or improve them. Your suggestions are welcome.

arena_chamber_b7
Timelimits
Timelimit on rounds and individual matches. Lollygagging around in the arenas being rewarded with a very big trigger_hurt being activated.

Random player ejecton from the cages
In case of people crowding around in them and being dickholes in general. I can put some trigger_push brushes in the first cage, with them being randomly activated and de-activated.

Running on Medieval Mode base
Just like Degroot Keep, only with raged weapons (ie Huntsman) stripped. This will produce small healthkits on a kill, to stop post-death damage effects, like bleeding.

"Melee 1" autofire
Taking advantage of the melee plugins, for obvious reasons.

cp_blackmesa_final
Fixing the retarded cap point times
Meaning, the middle point takes the longest to cap, the last two taking the shortest.

Round timelimit
Just in case it still drags on.

cp_toy_fort_elite
(see blackmesa)

fy_iceworld
Making it an Arena map
Just like CS

dm_fightyard_beta1
Deletion
Seriously.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Re: Fixing all the shitty funserver maps

Unread post by spleenter »

the asylum wrote:cp_blackmesa_final
Fixing the retarded cap point times
Meaning, the middle point takes the longest to cap, the last two taking the shortest.

Round timelimit
Just in case it still drags on.

Tried that, the map is so unptimised that when you try to recompile the map after changing the cap times it wont compile, it spits the error that says too many planes? or something like that
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

Stop demomen from exploiting team_trial by using stickies to blow up buttons.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Unread post by _Pipeline »

Fix maps such as ktf_legoarena and ktf_pandajump to actually be remotely playable again after the Pyromania update broke them.

Blackmesa cap times should definitely change, yes.

Redship should be modified so that the red tape recorder cannot be exploited to delete the automatically placed sentries.

Also, how about we NSFW: Click to View
Add
NSFW: Click to View
some
completely
new
MAPS while we're at it?
Denzo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:29304396

Unread post by Denzo »

I think we also need a complete cleanup of the maplist in general, tons of versions of maps that either don't work anymore or are so outdated there isn't any reason or rhyme to even keep them.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

_Pipeline wrote:Redship should be modified so that the red tape recorder cannot be exploited to delete the automatically placed sentries.
Thats a valve glitch that has nothing to do with anything on out server.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
the asylum
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17799965

Unread post by the asylum »

'spose I should give an update on my progress i guess, now that we're talking about a funserver cleanup

I've abandoned my update on Chambers. I knew it was a complex setup but god DAMN I was not prepared for the wall of bullshit hammer spewed back out at me when I decompiled it. I can't even begin to figure out where the system starts and end. Worse yet, the original author and his collaborators have vanished. Bust out the shovels, guys, this one is dead for good.

I've completed a fix of CP Toy Fort Elite, CP Toy Fort V2. This adds observer points (reducing crash potential), forward spawns (to keep a push going), dynamic respawn times (last point attackers respawn faster), fixed the order of the cap points (seriously, it went something like 0 3 4 1 2), so the second points start team-owned instead of starting neutral, and most importantly I've adjusted the cap times, notably the ridiculous cap time on the last points.

Black Mesa is just an issue of flipping around the cap times and introducing dynamic respawn times. Recompiling, however, isn't going as smoothly as I'd have hoped, and with Steampipe buggering up my pak tools, getting everything in presentable order is going to be a tough one to wiggle my way out of.

Iceworld and fightyward? Would anyone shed a tear if these were booted from the server? No, I didn't think so.