Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

I'm Not Making a Hunger Games Minecraft Server

Server IP: mc2.calculatedchaos.com
Gametype: Freebuild

Moderator: Zora

Zora
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30006562

I'm Not Making a Hunger Games Minecraft Server

Unread post by Zora »

Thanks for your feedback, however, I will not be making a Hunger Games minecraft server.

1) I will not run 2 servers at once. 1 server is enough work for me, and I will not take it down for a Hunger Games server.

2) Hunger games will attract an undesirable croud. I imagine it will attract many little kids. Just like the fun server does, in fact, and I don't want that. I find that the more modified the gameplay is from how it origionally is supposed to be, the more little kids there are on it. MMO, Factions, Towny servers reflect this pretty well. I can do some community age/maturity management, but its just a pain.

5) It's a PVP server. PVP servers cause a lot of winers. People who were 'unfairly killed' in the ring of honor. Its just a pain to tell them that they lost, and there's nothing that I can/will do. A lot of people have a really hard time getting this through their skull. Its even harder to get little kids to understand.

4) Hackers will be attracted. It is a PVP server, essentially, and PVP servers in general attract a lot of hackers. I do have plugins that are good at stopping them, but there really isn't any gurantee.

5) There are a lot of Hunger Games servers out there. Its the fastest growing server type. I don't need to contribute to that. I'm sure you can either find/someone else make a Hunger Games server. A server that can handle all the nuisances that will cause me to rub my face against a cheese grater.

All in all, I have neither the patience, the will power nor the rescources to make a Hunger Games server. If youy find one that goes against what I say, great! I won't be making one though. That is non negotiable.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Re: I'm Not Making a Hunger Games Minecraft Server

Unread post by spleenter »

6) Everytime a game is played you have to stop the server and reinstall the map so it will be the same experience a second time. That takes time, effort, and resources from anything else you may want to do.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

7) You plan to do _______ instead. ?
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
krubby
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24566857

Unread post by krubby »

awww :( . I guess if it's a pain in the ass to run that's okay. Still, I wouldn't play on any other hunger games servers because I'd only want to play it with friends.
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

Meh, I had a marathon of hunger games a while ago on minecraft. It's shit to me and put into the trash.
FierySnake
Steam ID: FierySnake
Twitter Username: Fiery Snake1

Unread post by FierySnake »

All we just want is one members vs members round D:

HARD CARRY PLAYERS UNITE!!!
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Unread post by Egonny »

Zora wrote:2) Hunger games will attract an undesirable croud. I imagine it will attract many little kids. Just like the fun server does, in fact, and I don't want that. I find that the more modified the gameplay is from how it origionally is supposed to be, the more little kids there are on it. MMO, Factions, Towny servers reflect this pretty well. I can do some community age/maturity management, but its just a pain.
So right now the server is not filled with little kids?
Scrambles
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41717517

Unread post by Scrambles »

FierySnake wrote:All we just want is one members vs members round D:
I'm not sure one round would be enough to please the crowd

plus then he would probably have to organize a time and date for it to go up and that's already more complicated then having it run for a longer period of time
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

You gotta really love to be a server admin to do something like that. You have to enjoy managing a server as much or more than playing minecraft haha.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Unread post by Egonny »

IMO you shouldn't make a Hunger Games server, you should rather organise an event where 5 matches or something (depending on the time) get played. That way you can just switch the normal server to the Hunger Games map, you don't have to deal with the undesirable crowd since only cC people know when it's happening and after the 5 matches, you can just switch back to the normal map.
krubby
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24566857

Unread post by krubby »

^that's what i inferred everyone was talking about doing in the first place.^
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG