Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

An HTML MOTD?

How may we help you?
SOLITUDE
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32575952

An HTML MOTD?

Unread post by SOLITUDE »

We've all seen it - the MOTD (Message of the Day) on the Fun Server or the Main Server.

However - wouldn't it be interesting to remake the current MOTD into a HTML (webpage) that CC could still list all of the rules and information while possibly linking to additional webpages (like the CC's Twitter and Facebook pages as well as the forum, even though I know the URL to the forum is already in the MOTD).

I bet there are some people who are good at making webpages with HTML and CSS (using Dreamweaver or even Notepad). I'm just curious if CC would want to do this to add that additional element to bring all of the CC comunity together in game and on the Facebook/Twitter group and forum.

P.S. People who know how to can link images on the MOTD to the CC pages or create hot-spots on the HTML page its self to direct to a specific page.

Addition - It is possible to put live server stats on MOTD's with HTML and PHP too.
(Like what happens when you type in !server into the chat with # of players and map)
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Re: An HTML MOTD?

Unread post by Egonny »

I like how it is right now. It's simple and people skip it 99% of the time anyway. If they want more information they can visit the forums.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: An HTML MOTD?

Unread post by captainAngry »

It does need an update, but it is already written in PHP, HTML and CSS.