Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

I made a neat engineer weapon.

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
Anonyma
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17574613

I made a neat engineer weapon.

Unread post by Anonyma »

Alright, I have made a model about a month or two ago, after the uber update, to learn modeling techniques, I wanted to build on an idea already formulated by a webcomic: http://minicrit.com/?p=185
After a while, I created the weapon as exact as I could make it to the one featured in said webcomic.
It was a month since I have finished work on the project, I have completely abandoned it, it is not textured or uvw wrapped. I would love to hear some feedback or whether or not I should actually continue on the project.

So here is an image of the reference image taken from the comic, as well as images of the model itself following it.

here is a wireframe of the backpack:

and yes, there may be no way such a weapon could fit in with the engineer's gameplay style, but it was a fun little project to work on.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Re: I made a neat engineer weapon.

Unread post by Beetle »

It's a nice drawing and model.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20574738

Unread post by Trilby »

Sir. you have won. I for one would like to see it get animations and such. If not just for show.
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

Looks extremely strong.If that was ever going to be a real engineer weapon,It should remove sentry,and slower it's movement speed.This will result in him remaining a defensive class in my opinion
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

making him a heavy.....
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

But...It's a heavy...WITH A DIFFERENT ACCENT