Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Welcome to the future of calculatedChaos: Fartlandia!

Server IP: [url=steam://connect/64.74.97.81:27015]fartlandia.calculatedchaos.com (64.74.97.81:27015)[/url]

Fartlandia is what it is

Moderator: Riftoff

Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Welcome to the future of calculatedChaos: Fartlandia!

Unread post by Riftoff »

Fartlandia is the hot new cC server everyone is going to be talking about! For all intents and purposes, this is essentially going to be the 'Riftoff' server, but with a few awesome kinks. For a small one time donation to cC ($2 for a weekday, $3 for a Friday/weekend day), you can become Fartlandia King For A Day! When you are Fartlandia King For A Day, you pick the rotation, mods, rules and other such stuff (within reason). You also get admin if you don't already. Want to play a shitload of etf_hunted? We can do that. Want to have a private day of competitive play and practice? We can do that. Want to turn on HLDJ and play some Cyberpunk? We can do that. Want to turn on infinite double jump and no charge sandman, and have everyone fly around like an insane scout helicopter? We can do that. Want to test the map you've been working on? We can do that. Want to play some Zombie Fortress? We can do that. Want to re-enact the 100 Rounds Of Breakfloor? :commissar:, But we can still do that.

In the mean time as we get the logistics of this experiment worked out, I will have a small rotation of stock payload maps set up on the server.

I want this server to bring in some funds for cC to pay for our shit and bring contests back, but first and foremost, I want a server that people will want to play on. Lend me your thoughts in this topic on how to improve the Fartlandia experience. More information will be coming.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Re: Welcome to the future of calculatedChaos: Fartlandia!

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Coupla questions broski.

1) Will there be a limit to the amount of times you can rent out the server? Such as paying $10 bucks to be king for the whole week.

2) Who are the base admins?

3) Will this be a passworded server for private dicking around or will this be a public server?
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

1) There will be a queue topic set up where shortly for King For A Day. As I get a few entries into that topic, I will set up a calendar that fits everyone's ordered days together in a sensible order. If someone were to donate enough for the whole week, I'd accommodate for their order in that schedule. But I'd also have to accommodate for other people's single day orders and any events by myself or Captain. Member's Weekends will be blocked off for King Of The Day, and will just be a rotation that I pick, etc.

2) On non-King days, it will just be the mainserver admin set up. On King days, the King will be choose if that set up is used, or if just them and a few friends (and the high admins) are admin, or whatever else they feel like. This is a tentative decision and could change.

3) Public, but up to the King if he feels like on his days.
BAMF
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25128613
Xbox Gamer Tag: SomTervo

Unread post by BAMF »

when I read riftoff server I just assumed it'd be dedicated to Pitchfork but this is okay too