Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

cC Bad Anime Club [Yes This Exists]

Discussion about anything.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Re: cC Bad Anime Club [Yes This Exists]

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

allthestuffonthisthread.jpeg
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Not everything in the thread, just all the really really really bad stuff, like Tokyo Red Hood and Bible Black.

Which reminds me, I need to stop fearing Bible Black and watch the first episode.
Life is whatever.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Added "Kiss x Sis" to the list because its so dumb.

In other news, Kerp doesn't feel like fixing my profile picture, so Aya will continue to have the dark green background.
Life is whatever.
Black_kero
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25389760

Unread post by Black_kero »

Welp, read several chapters of Tokyo Red Hood and Rosario + Vampire and K-On. I also watched the first season of Rosario + Vampire. So, I guess I'm in?
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

You're in, easily.

Optimus is also in.
Life is whatever.
Zarik
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3501639

Unread post by Zarik »

Zarik's update

Got up to chapter 8 from chapter 3 of PPGZ continuing to read now!
Denzo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:29304396

Unread post by Denzo »

Phrozen, y u no watch cat girl
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

God, I forgot to add Cat Girl Nuku Nuku to the stupid things.
Life is whatever.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Kampfer.
How the fuck did I forget Kamper?
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

"The story starts when Natsuru Senou, a normal high school boy, wakes up to find himself mysteriously transformed into a girl. Immediately afterward, he finds a bracelet strapped to his wrist that he didn't remember putting on, and then a stuffed tiger doll named Harakiri Tora telling him that he was chosen to become a Kämpfer. On one hand, Natsuru gains great strength and fighting abilities. On the other hand, it's apparently a rule that Kämpfers can only be girls, so any boys that are chosen transform into girls when their powers activate, while those who were girls from the start transform in other ways."

This literally sounds like the best thing ever. Added to the list.
Last edited by PhrozenFlame on 03 Aug 2011, 03:49, edited 1 time in total.
Life is whatever.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Added Cat Girl Nuku Nuku because its the worst 6 episode series ever. Blame Denzo for this one.
Life is whatever.
Denzo

Unread post by Denzo »

Yey. :downs:
A Common Sandvich
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:31019605

Unread post by A Common Sandvich »

I'm pretty sure I've read the first couple chapters of Kampfer. I don't remember it being that bad..

Plus, nothing can ever the top the one where the guy's girlfriend lives on his hand.
MrKerplunkers wrote:Hope you fuckers like furrowed brows.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Added Mahou Sensei Negima because its by the same person that did Love Hina and GodJesus has forsaken all of us.
Life is whatever.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Finished up to 10 episode of Chobits, aka "OhLookMyComputerIsAGirl" Only 15 more to gooooooooooo.

GodJesus hates all of us.
Life is whatever.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

This is both bad and anime, so it belongs in this thread:
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Riftoff wrote:This is both bad and anime, so it belongs in this thread:
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19897660

Unread post by Liquid Death »

Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

holy shit, no one watch that. a ten year old girl that needs to eat semen to live :suicide:
Denzo

Unread post by Denzo »

Riftoff wrote:holy shit, no one watch that. a ten year old girl that needs to eat semen to live :suicide:
:? :neutral: :negative:
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Ok, just looking at Riftoff's summary of that means I have to put it on the list.

Also, updated the minimum requirement to get into this club from 5 pages to a whole chapter of Tokyo Red Hood, because the first 5 pages are only mildly creepy and don't give you a good view of how creepy it really is.
Life is whatever.
FierySnake
Steam ID: FierySnake
Twitter Username: Fiery Snake1

Unread post by FierySnake »

FIERYSNAKE REPORT 8/22/11

Watched Rosario Vampire Capu 1
Watched Rosario Vampire Capu 2
Read 10 chapter of rosario vampire

Im still a disgrace :saddowns:

HARD CARRY PLAYERS UNITE!!!
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

TheDenzo wrote:
Riftoff wrote:holy shit, no one watch that. a ten year old girl that needs to eat semen to live :suicide:
:? :neutral: :negative:
Still not as bad as dote up a cat, which combines the great loves of curing cancer and anal sex, apparently.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Congratulations to Jake and Common for finishing Tokyo Red Hood. Here are just several excerpts of their reactions during the journey:

10:47 PM - Generic Off-Brand Denzo: wait
10:47 PM - Generic Off-Brand Denzo: did that cat just explode
10:47 PM - Generic Off-Brand Denzo: or something
10:47 PM - -cC+GiroTheHero: Better
10:47 PM - -cC+GiroTheHero: She stomped the cat to death
10:47 PM - Generic Off-Brand Denzo: WELP

[21:39] A_Common_Sandvic: Did she just turn that demon into a cat
[21:39] A_Common_Sandvic: by raping him
[21:39] A_Common_Sandvic: a lot
[21:39] A_Common_Sandvic: for hours
[21:39] PhrozenFlame: Yes.
[21:39] General: The fuck

[21:25] A_Common_Sandvic: i just like how she rapes people into cats
[21:25] A_Common_Sandvic: that's my favorite part

Also, congratulations to HybridPuppy for finishing "My Balls" in 2 days, which, while is an infinitely smaller accomplishment, is an accomplishment nonetheless.

And before I forget, take a look at this list Khezu gave me and pick your favorites. He also told me about "a hentai called The darkknight", which I have yet to look up.

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/sepia ... &order=asc
Life is whatever.
HybridPuppy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22109745

Unread post by HybridPuppy »

what if some of these were just never rated? o:
Signatures are dumb.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Sorry to bump this thread, but I watched the first 3 episodes of K-On with a buddy of mine and I'm throughly convinced that the main character is not a moe blob, but in fact a socially retard girl who can only communicate her feelings with simple guitar riffs.
Feel good hit of the summer, full marks.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

MrKerplunkers wrote:Sorry to bump this thread, but I watched the first 3 episodes of K-On with a buddy of mine and I'm throughly convinced that the main character is not a moe blob, but in fact a socially retard girl who can only communicate her feelings with simple guitar riffs.
Feel good hit of the summer, full marks.
SPOILER: The Light Music Club is actually the Snack Club.
Life is whatever.
Celtic
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37669475

Unread post by Celtic »

A friend asked me why anime fights look so fucking bad ass and if I had any awesome .gif's of fights.

This post is gonna be fucking huge, so prepare for it. It's gonna have some of the best stuff from anime IMO.

As for the animation and why the physics looks so good in some scenes, it comes down to a number of factors. the most important point is that japanese animators typically have to make do with much less funding, with fewer staff members and under much tighter schedules than western productions, so they tend to be forced to innovate a lot more in order to get it to look good. flow has to be created artistically rather than simply frame-by-frame because they just don't get the money or the time to animate in "real-time" so to speak.

the other point is applying live-action direction techniques to anime: the virtual camera flows with the momentum of the animation much more prominently in japanese productions because it enhances the visual effects without requiring more frames to be animated. the camera acts like it's being pulled along with something heavy, it's going to look/feel heavier to the viewer. if that makes sense. I think they just put a lot more thought into the physics because it's an easy and innovative way to make it more visually stimulating and convincing.

in a way that makes it even more impressive, because they achieve the glorious fluidity and momentum in their animation in far fewer frames than western animators can play with. there are some animation studios with a reputation for gorgeous animation: kyoto animation, production I.G, studio daume, studio BONES, studio gainax, PA works and so on, and obviously there are some key people you should look out for if you ever want to have an idea whether a future show is going to look good. some of the best animation I've seen this year has been from kyoto animation in Nichijou, A-1 pictures in the idolm@ster and PA works in hanasaku iroha.

something else I'll say is that a lot of anime shows/films feature epic fights; half of them are rehashed samurai stories that have to feature some gorgeous fights so you don't realise it's the same series as the last one you watched, retitled. I mean, even naruto, bleach and one piece have some moments of spectacular animation, usually in a climactic fight when they've hired a particularly talented guy to take care of it, and I've no problem admitting that. my only criticism of these shows is that the plots are stupid and reiterative. if they got some good writers in or just let the shows die where it would have made sense, I'd be chill about them. bleach was actually okay before it was dragged out too fucking far for the sake of profit.

now that I am thinking about it, when comparing western and eastern animation, perhaps I could draw an analogy between bruce lee films and jason bourne films. the fighting in the bourne films is obviously fucking nothing compared to what bruce lee could do, because matt damon's just some western gaijin with a personal trainer and a fight choreographer whereas bruce lee was one of the deadliest kung fu masters of recent history, a man dedicated solely to the perfection of his martial technique and physical fitness--and the fact that the actor and the choreographer was the same person in the bruce lee films meant that he had a much clearer idea of what he was doing and how it would look on screen.

so what do the bourne film production team do to make the fight scenes wow the audience in spite of the handicaps? they fuck around with the camera and use really high monkeys quality sound and film cuts to create the sense that when bourne hits you, it looks and sounds like he could punch through your face and draw a rabbit on the back of your head through your brain. the editing and direction makes it look much faster than it actually is, and the handheld camera gives it a more chaotic and/or fluid feel, when in actuality they're just hiding the fact that they're fighting at a relatively slow and obviously choreographed pace.

now, somewhat tying into what I just said, in japanese animation, it ends up looking really good because they have a lot of rough edges to cover up. for instance, if you freeze a bourne film mid-fight, you don't actually get much for your screencap: some blurred visuals and maybe an arm that has been thrust towards a blurry opponent. it's not like you can screencap bourne in mid air jump-kicking some miscreant in the bollocks with a crazy war face on.

the same goes for japanese animation. in these fight scenes, especially ones where the characters' shapes are altered or exaggerated to create the illusion of extremely fast and aggressive movement, the characters themselves look fucking stupid. their proportions will have been exaggerated so the anatomical accuracy is completely gone, and the facial details will be considerably diminished compared to the level of detail present in a scene where the characters are just talking; however, when the fight is in motion and the direction can actually work its magic, it looks fucking awesome. when the bourne film plays, you're thinking "fuck yeah that sounded like a tooth broke and I didn't even see dat fucker throw that punch. cray-Z mother fucker."

of course, when a japanese production does have a significant budget and when that budget isn't spread out over too many episodes [generally it's no coincidence that 3-6 episode OVA runs tend to be better looking than 12 episode anime series, which in turn tend to look better than 26 episode anime series] it's probably going to look good no matter what. however, if the right talent is behind a project and the budget is managed well, it's going to look good no matter what.

of course, there are exceptions to the rule regarding the amount of episodes in a series: nichijou was terrifyingly consistent for a 26 episode anime. comparing it to its rivals for best animation over the summer season, mawaru penguindrum and the idolm@ster have had arguably better high monkeys points in individual scenes than nichijou, but that's because the talent and funding was poured into those particular scenes.

after some high monkeys quality episodes, mawaru penguindrum episode 9 looked hilariously bad because they left one guy in charge of the entire animation direction and keyframing of that episode--and he's not a particularly good animator, as someone I know on another forum pointed out to me. the idolm@ster has also had some low points and drops in quality: but the point is that I'd honestly struggle to single out an episode of nichijou that looked bad--but this is also because the show's comedic art style makes it more difficult to tell when something's amiss, as has also been pointed out to me in discussions.

computer imaging is also beginning to play a much bigger role in anime, primarily because it's cheaper and the only people who really notice the difference are animation enthusiasts, provided that the direction is good. studios like shaft and ufotable make extensive use of CGI and, provided that they get the composition right, it can look good. ufotable isn't actually bad at animating, they just seem to heap on the special effects because they have george lucas goggles on or something. watch kara no kyoukai and you see that the facial animation is actually quite impressive, but the fight scenes end up looking tacky and have a plastic, weightless feel to them. excessive CG dispels all of the magic achieved with quality direction and a good sense of physics.

some studios are already putting computer imaging to use much more subtly. PA works and kyoani already seem to have a knack for blending CG with traditional animation extremely well--and by that, I mean they make it very difficult to discern when the CG starts. they don't overlay a shit ton of CG effects to create an atmosphere that would otherwise be missing as other studios do. bones and gainax are pretty good with CG too--the rebuild of evangelion movies are ample proof of that.

when it comes to CG in anime, it isn't that much different to discussing CG in cinema. it's like watching the original jurassic park film: the CG still looks good to me because [1] it's carefully mixed in with traditional animatronics; and [2] the colors of the computer graphics are all blended well with the color tones of the film however that works; in the sequel to jurassic park, there was much more CG in order to make the velociraptors do more exciting things, but as a result they became less convincing--and the colors seemed off, like they were too orange or bright, and they stood out much worse. in anime, when they use a little CG here and there to enhance the look, it often pays off. when you get a studio like ufotable, everything gets CG'd to hell and suddenly you're watching something that looks like crap because none of it has any weight to it.

it's hard to explain it well, especially when I'm not an expert and I don't know half the ins and outs of the actual animation world, but that's how I see it from my admittedly casual perspective

here's the eyecandy:

"sakuga" basically refers to very impressive japanese animation that pushes the boundaries. although there are some great shows out there which are artistically beautiful, it isn't enough that the character designs or backgrounds be artistically beautiful for it to be defined as sakuga.

we're talking the very animation itself, the transition between frames and the creative license animators have with that. sakuga isn't limited to fight scenes, that's just where animators generally have to try their hardest and also where they tend to produce the most visually impressive results--unsurprising given that there is a lot of high-speed movement in a fight.

anyway, here are the gifs I've been using as sigs [I'll probably keep adding more but oh well]:
http://k.minus.com/ioWilKYDkkTod.gif
Corpse Princess
great show.
http://i.minus.com/ibNkSwypF8KSK.gif
http://i.minus.com/iS84UIy9KAb4i.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYW04ag/1317511497726.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYWtwbg/1317244987238.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYWt2Ng/1317253042648.gif
Darker than Black
first season is brilliant, though there are a couple of pointless episodes. second season is not more of the same, but is perfectly fine in its own way. watch it.
http://ompldr.org/vYWtwbQ/1317245590863.gif
Black Rock Shooter OVA
good fun, not much else. great art style.
http://ompldr.org/vYWt2Nw/1317256231873.gif
Gintama
this is actually a comedy, but it's one of the better anime comedies out there. I thoroughly recommend it as a comedy, but don't expect constant action or sakuga.
http://ompldr.org/vYWtubw/1317251218488.gif
End of Evangelion
you will need to have watched and paid attention to the original television series [Neon Genesis Evangelion] before this film will be worth watching, but this fight is basically the best part of it. the animation of this fight sequence still looks good even today, and you can thank mitsuo iso for that. if you ever want to watch something good, just pick a show from his resume.
http://ompldr.org/vYWt2ZA/1317250322199.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYWxyNw/gits1297241105720.gif
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
you don't need to watch the movie first before you start watching the TV series, but I don't see why you wouldn't. the original movie is one of the best anime productions of its time and there's basically nothing wrong with it as long as you don't mind overlooking some cheesy philosophical crap. the TV series is less about the philosophy and more about the asskicking--both season 1 and 2 are strong.
http://ompldr.org/vYWt0Mw/#.gif
Read or Die OVA
this is a terrific OVA and I wish there were more than three episodes. the follow-up TV series isn't bad, but you'll want to start with this OVA in any case.
http://ompldr.org/vYWtwbA/1317243253391.gif
Soul Eater
if you like reading manga, please read the manga first. the anime adaptation fucks it over completely in its ending, though up until that point it's brilliant. great art style and glorious animation, several excellent fight scenes and some cool characters.
http://ompldr.org/vYWt2aw/1315320600559.gif
ToraDora
this is actually a love story so don't bother watching it if you expect lots of the above. it's just one superb fight scene.
http://ompldr.org/vYWt2Zw/1315318014639.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYThkbw/1315320104547.gif
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
one of the most popular shows of 2011. by that, I mean it's hyped up to high heaven by its hideous fanbase, but it's a pretty good show. I will warn you that it's not all as pretty as these scenes, and many of the fights only look good thanks to the storyboarding [as in, they use a fair bit of CGI], but overall it was a delight to watch. the show overall is well executed, though the ending was a bit of a cop out.
http://ompldr.org/vYWx5bg/1316912682562.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYWx5bw/1316912318519.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYWt3bQ/told.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYWt3bA/Mio%20Shield%20Break%20J.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYWt3bw/Mai-Caught-it.gif
Nichijou
this is a slice of life/comedy anime about the daily lives of schoolgirls thrown into overdrive with a liberal art style and some insanely hyperbolic but beautiful animation. you can expect to see many scenes as good as these, but don't expect a consistent plot.

this is a series of skits that come together to make for a very heartwarming if scattered narrative and the characters are very adorable, but it's not for everyone. some skits are outright hilarious, some will go over the heads of most people besides otaku, and some skits are just plain shit or repetitive slapstick.
http://ompldr.org/vYW1tYg/1317242715237.gif
Noein
yes, I recommend this. ignore the attempts to be DEEP and focus on the awesome sketchy fights and you'll be fine.
http://ompldr.org/vYW9iag/1282146894018.gif
Summer Wars
good film. watch it faggot.
http://ompldr.org/vYWxyZA/1317256752096.gif
Code Geass
this was a lot of fun to follow when it was airing, with all the trolling, plot twists and quite good animation. some people don't warm to it now, but I still think it's awesome.
http://ompldr.org/vYWxxaA/1317250502940.gif
Durarara!!
this show is okay. you should watch Baccano! first in any case, since the two shows are connected and it's much better overall.
http://ompldr.org/vYW0xeQ/17bcfa26536ca ... 6a0710.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYWxyNA/4679d29f48f03 ... c864ae.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYWxycQ/1317245268517.gif
http://i.minus.com/i9ByFPxaIAwsB.gif
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
if you say "badass" to an anime enthusiast, this is one of those shows that will immediately spring to their mind. it was directed by infamous key animator hiroyuki imaishi--you'll see his work as an animator in many gorgeous studio GAINAX productions like Evangelion, FLCL and Diebuster. he also directed Dead Leaves, which is basically non-stop excessive violence with as insane an art style as you could hope for.
http://ompldr.org/vYWxxcw/b9304f966c816 ... c17d7f.gif
Gunbuster 2: Diebuster
mentioned above. great show, but watch the original Gunbuster first.
http://ompldr.org/vYWxyOA/1317254963524.gif
Casshern Sins.
beautiful art style, desolate but sublime backgrounds, and when the fights happen, very nicely animated. I really liked this show.
http://ompldr.org/vYW1mZA/sots17.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYW84Zg/SotSgif.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYW84ZA/SotS2.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYW84aA/SotS3.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYW84ZQ/SotS4.gif
Sword of the Stranger
this has some of the best sword fights you'll see in an anime. again, studio BONES was behind it. definitely worth watching.
http://ompldr.org/vYWt0NA/1317254388707.gif
Tenjou Tenge
it's okay. don't prioritize watching it over some of the other things here.
http://ompldr.org/vYW9jOQ/1317252882865.gif
Guin Saga
a bad adaptation. the novels are terrific though.
http://ompldr.org/vYW9jNg/1317250602875.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYW9jOA/1317252123478.gif
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
this is one of things that you'll either love or despise. the humor is very immature, but this show has some fucking style.
http://ompldr.org/vYW84Nw/t5rozr.gif
Canaan
starts well, dips in the middle and ends splendidly. if you pick it up, don't drop it half way through, but persevere.
http://ompldr.org/vYWtwcw/1317242735821.gif
the iDOLM@STER
lots of fluid animation in one of this year's well-animated shows, but bear in mind that it's about japanese idols and it's not going to grip you if you're looking for action. the show is porn for the eye and filled with lovely girls. if that's your cup of tea, get watching faggot.
http://ompldr.org/vYWxyYQ/fmp.gif
Full Metal Panic
I recommend it. good story, well executed.
http://ompldr.org/vYWxyYg/ideon_dead.gif
Space Runaway Ideon
influenced Neon Genesis Evangelion. for its time it featured some great animation, though I included this gif for the lulz. I won't spoil it but let's just say that this kid having her head blown off isn't a fraction of how much death there is.
http://ompldr.org/vYW1tZQ/1317243972890.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYW8wbA/1317559519163.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYW84bw/1295785878317.gif
HeartCatch PreCure
wild art style, glorious sakuga everywhere, very fun show if it's your thing. the premise might put you off so you should read a bit about it before you download it.
http://ompldr.org/vYW0xeA/2d83f926fcd4f ... 31829b.gif
Eureka 7
I just picked this gif because this character is pretty fucking cool. there are lots of well animated scenes [studio BONES after all] but as a show, it's not so good. I would not recommend it.
http://ompldr.org/vYW1sdg/1317254561420.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYWxxbg/SereinoMoribi ... ghting.gif
Seirei no Moribito
pretty good fantasy anime. highly recommended.
http://ompldr.org/vYWtwbw/1317243223436.gif
Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi No Umi
this is pretty cool. just an OVA and worth a watch if you want to see some pretty battles.
http://ompldr.org/vYWtwdw/1317244393111.gif
Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva
this film was based on a video game series that you probably ought to familiarize yourself with before you watch it.
http://ompldr.org/vYWxybw/1317246548212.gif
Kung Fu Cooking Girls
gloriously rough-looking web animation that you can watch in HD here: http://www.catsuka.com/player/hd/kung_fu_cooking_girls
http://ompldr.org/vYWt0NQ/1317254290251.gif
Kong fu girl vs Samurai girl
a web animation that you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXBE3F7APGo
http://ompldr.org/vYW1tOA/888b53d8fcd80 ... 271a93.gif
http://ompldr.org/vYW1tOQ/InkThinkerActionAnimation.gif
more web animations by various people. I forget where these are from but I'm sure google can help you there.
hopefully you'll have noticed that some of these shows share similarities in style and flow: some of the animation is very sketchy while others are incredibly fluid and clean; some are colored normally while others are block shaded and have a much more blatantly artistic feel to them. these elements that are present in multiple shows are usually a way to tell which animator is behind it. for instance, the animation and art style in TTGL and Panty&Stocking screams Hiroyuki Imaishi.

the animation you see in the end of evangelion gif looks glorious because the animator perfectly captures the momentum that the enormous evangelion mechas would actually have, and that animator is Mitsuo Iso. he is a master of capturing the physics in animation thanks to his style which you might see in various other shows. you'll be able to spot similarities across anime by BONES thanks to their distinctive style and their being rather predisposed towards fast flowing fight scenes, for which they first became famous after productions such as fullmetal alchemist.

the choreography in sword of the stranger is the masterful work of one of the greatest action animators/directors in the industry, Yutaka Nakamura, another legendary figure. if you get into anime, you learn to keep an eye out for such names. generally those of us who have taken an interest in the technical side to anime will be keeping our eyes peeled for any show that has some big names behind it--primarily because we want to see their latest eye candy, but also because such people don't usually involve themselves with shitty projects.

if I was asked for some top names off the top of my head, I'd probably mention Sushio, Mitsuo Iso, Hiroyuki Imaishi, Yutaka Nakamura, Shinya Ohira, Tetsuya Nishio, Ichiro Itano, Yoshiyuki Ito. these guys are usually key animators or directors for projects by studio BONES, GAINAX, Production I.G or Studio Ghibli, and that's why their productions tend to be in a completely different league to anime by other studios. of course, toei, sunrise, madhouse and A-1 pictures put out some fine looking shows too.

tl;dr you can type these animators' names into youtube and find some compilation MADs of their best work.
Kriegsmarine
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22107167

Unread post by Kriegsmarine »

Doke doke doke ushiro metai yatsu wa doke
Celtic
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37669475

Unread post by Celtic »

jk luvU, phaggettt.