Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Desktop Dungeons: A Roguelike for the Everyman

General discussion about gaming.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Desktop Dungeons: A Roguelike for the Everyman

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

I've recently discovered a new indie game by the name of Desktop Dungeons. The game is a roguelike, a game who's levels are randomly generated. The closest thing to it that most people have played is the old diablo games, but roguelikes are typically more calm and DnD-esque than diablo's frantic "blowing-everything-the-fuck-up" style of play.

Shit's really easy to get into and start having fun. I remember I tried another roguelike called Net Hack a while back and call me a fucking casual but I really couldn't get into it. That game starts out almost expecting you to know exactly what you're doing DD has a much more relaxed pace and gradually introduces element to the player, rather than just throw everything out there at once.
Just trust me, it's a fun and simple way of killing a couple of hours.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Re: Desktop Dungeons: A Roguelike for the Everyman

Unread post by Riftoff »

This game owns, more people should play it. Nethack/Rogue/Crawl all flew over my head, but this game is juuust casual enough for me to get, but its still a blast to play.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Re: Desktop Dungeons: A Roguelike for the Everyman

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Yeah, I've been playing it for a while. Pretty fun game, though challenging enough to keep me interested. Be warned, though, as doing a single thing wrong fucks you over like it would in NetHack or any older Roguelike.
Life is whatever.