Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Suggestion Map: cC Museum

Discuss maps and model creation and ideas.
Daniel Is I
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:33173235

Suggestion Map: cC Museum

Unread post by Daniel Is I »

So over the past hour or so, Tgame and I have been bouncing ideas back and forth over a cC Museum sort of map. It won't be like Hotel or Dorm, it will be an actual playing map.

The game type would be... sort of a mix. Attack/Defend CTF, if you will. Blu acts as security guards and Red acts as thieves. The goal for red is to steal the flag (art) and blu to defend it.

And so, with rough ideas and a VERY rough layout, here's what Tgame and I came up with:

Area 1
Blocks jutting from walls on outside for scouts climbing to roof
Fence blocking roof until round begins so no early access
Breakable glass panels on roof to drop down
CC-contributed artwork (IE cC members draw things and send them in as textures)
Trip lasers that play sound when Red passes through them
Flag in front of vault door on pedestal

Area 2
Increased defense to make up for the small size and straightforward layout
Red team spawns where flag was located
Vault door opens when round begins
Room 1 of vault has laser grid that does damage to reds walking on it
Grid can be turned off by hitting switch on far wall with enough damage. Sniper or scout most likely candidates, depending on long range or getting across grid
Room 2 has a few sentries to aid Blu defense, sentries on walls + ceiling
Room 3 has traps (buzz saws, lava pits, etc.) to hinder Red
Room 4 has flag on pedestal

Red Objectives:

Area 1: Red spawns outside of museum. Objective is to get to the flag, grab it, and get back to the van outside the museum (near Red spawn) to capture it.

Area 2: Red spawns where Blu spawned previously. Goal is to get to the intel and run up the stairs to the roof and up to a helicopter to capture it.

Blu Objectives:

Area 1: Blu spawns surrounding flag at the end of the museum section, just before vault. Objective is to defend flag at all costs.

Area 2: Blu spawns surrounding flag at the end of the vault section. Objective is to defend flag at all costs.

Layout:

Just a reminder that this is very rough. I have a grand total of maybe 10 hours of mapmaking experience, so obviously this map has a 99.9% chance of being terrible with these ideas and layout.

Tell me what ya think.
Game Night Statistics

Spleenter's Fault: 3
Toasty's Fault: 2
Autopilot's Fault: 2
RaginAsian's Fault: 1
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Re: Suggestion Map: cC Museum

Unread post by Original »

Might work OK, but would probably be better to stick to regular TF2 conventions to make it easier and avoid confusion.

1- RED always defends.

2-spawn rooms. Look at Avanti, the single largest flaw is that there are no spawn rooms. Very easy to camp spawn because people appear in the open, right in your fire.

Also might be hard to make the spawn points go where flag is. But would be easier to change spawn rooms (with preset spawn points) by having the flag go through trigger to change them.

If the map is big enough you could have like 4 spawn rooms that keep pushing back.

Also no reason for fence on roof if blu just waits in spawn room until gates open.

3-things like prebuilt sentries, traps, etc... I don't know, I just prefer regular gameplay.

4- the layout is much too simple, you need alternate routes, places to hide, etc...
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Re: Suggestion Map: cC Museum

Unread post by Egonny »

The idea definitely looks good, but can you maybe draw a layout of how it would look in bird-eye view and upload it? I think it would help a lot.