Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Killicons fix!

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Killicons fix!

Unread post by Egonny »

The community killicon fix. It will get added officially by the end of January (but probably later), but if you can't wait, download it now!

NeoDement wrote: New Changes:
  • Ambassador - A cleaned up version of Valve's Ambassador rather than the previous version which I made myself. Looks much more defined. Removed the engravings on the side.
  • Telefrag - Cleaned up teleporter. Better impact effects, seperated from the rest of the icon properly unlike before.
  • Building Destroyed/Toolbox - Bigger toolbox, more appropriate impact effects.
  • Shotgun - A cleaned up version of Valve's shotgun rather than the previous version which I made myself. Looks much more defined.
  • Kukri - Modified line thickness slightly.
  • KGB - Slightly thicker lines.
  • Bush Whacka - Extended the handle slightly, and made the lines slightly thicker.
  • Chargin' Targe - Inverted colour scheme and changed design. Now it's a solid shield with a cross intead of a hollow shield with bolts.
  • GRU - Slightly thicker lines.
  • Powerjack - New tape, matches other tape on icons now.
  • Spinal Tap (Ubersaw Taunt) - Slightly thicker lines.
  • Jag - Removed some unnecessary detail and made the head a bit thicker.
  • Black Box - New tape, matches other tape on icons now. Now uses same muzzleflash as other rocket launchers.
  • Lugermorph - Modified the colour of the semi-transparent parts of the weapon. (slightly more opaque)
  • Backscratcher - More side-on angle, less 3D. Matches other icons a bit better and allowed me to make a much more natural looking impact effect.
  • Fists of Steel - New impact effect, fits other glove icons much better.
  • Warriors Spirit - New impact effect, fits the claw much better. Also cleaned up some lines.
  • Short Stop - Made the lines thicker and less strange looking.
  • Ambassador (Headshot) - Based on the old Ambassador headshot icon, but with a less thick bullet and some line cleanup. Makes a lot more sense the previous Ambassador headshot icon I created (apparently the Ambassador has a higher caliber than the sniper rifle)
  • Sentry Level 2 - Deleted weird transparent muzzleflash above real muzzleflash.
  • Scottish Resistance Reflect - Deleted some accidental pixels.
  • Pipe Bomb Launcher - Fixes barely visible trigger guard.
  • Homewrecker - New impact effect to match the Powerjack (and any other hammers that get added).
  • Gunslinger - Removed unnecessary detail in the fists, unnecessary 3Dness in the arms and made the lines thicker. And replaced the Organ Grinder taunt kill impact with a much less awkward looking one.
  • Red Capture/Defend - Fixed some issues causing these two icons to get cut badly at the left and right.
  • Flamethrower/Backburner - Changed the way the tape was drawn to match other icons instead of weirdly cutting off.
  • Black Box (rocket version) - Changed design of health crosses trail to match the Crusader's Crossbow one. Applied the same change to the Black Box reflect icon.
  • Degreaser - A whole new icon. Bigger, less blurry, and with a new flame effect. Also modified the original flamethrower sized Degreaser icons to match the new big one.
  • Wrangled Sentry (Level 1) - This is now the default Wrangler icon.
  • Vitasaw (Lite Only) - Changed the angle and impact effect of the Vitasaw to match other in-game saws.

Added Alternatives:
  • Vitasaw (Straight) - A straight variant of the regular tilted Vitasaw, for people that prefer their saws that way.

Added (for Valve's eyes):
  • ANOTHER Eternal Reward backstab - The fully cloaked one mixed with the regular one.
  • Unignited Axtinguisher - For when you get a humiliating kill with the Axtinguisher on an unignited opponent. (the crit icon doesn't already cover this, as you can get unignited crits with the Axtinguisher during a Kritzkrieg/end of round, which do different damage from ignited crits)
Zarik
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3501639

Re: Killicons fix!

Unread post by Zarik »

I looked at all the icons and I would have to say that I prefer the older ones (except the skull and bones and a few others)
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Re: Killicons fix!

Unread post by Egonny »

They got fixed officially BTW.