Killicons fix!

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Killicons fix!

Unread post by Egonny »

The community killicon fix. It will get added officially by the end of January (but probably later), but if you can't wait, download it now!

NeoDement wrote: New Changes:
  • Ambassador - A cleaned up version of Valve's Ambassador rather than the previous version which I made myself. Looks much more defined. Removed the engravings on the side.
  • Telefrag - Cleaned up teleporter. Better impact effects, seperated from the rest of the icon properly unlike before.
  • Building Destroyed/Toolbox - Bigger toolbox, more appropriate impact effects.
  • Shotgun - A cleaned up version of Valve's shotgun rather than the previous version which I made myself. Looks much more defined.
  • Kukri - Modified line thickness slightly.
  • KGB - Slightly thicker lines.
  • Bush Whacka - Extended the handle slightly, and made the lines slightly thicker.
  • Chargin' Targe - Inverted colour scheme and changed design. Now it's a solid shield with a cross intead of a hollow shield with bolts.
  • GRU - Slightly thicker lines.
  • Powerjack - New tape, matches other tape on icons now.
  • Spinal Tap (Ubersaw Taunt) - Slightly thicker lines.
  • Jag - Removed some unnecessary detail and made the head a bit thicker.
  • Black Box - New tape, matches other tape on icons now. Now uses same muzzleflash as other rocket launchers.
  • Lugermorph - Modified the colour of the semi-transparent parts of the weapon. (slightly more opaque)
  • Backscratcher - More side-on angle, less 3D. Matches other icons a bit better and allowed me to make a much more natural looking impact effect.
  • Fists of Steel - New impact effect, fits other glove icons much better.
  • Warriors Spirit - New impact effect, fits the claw much better. Also cleaned up some lines.
  • Short Stop - Made the lines thicker and less strange looking.
  • Ambassador (Headshot) - Based on the old Ambassador headshot icon, but with a less thick bullet and some line cleanup. Makes a lot more sense the previous Ambassador headshot icon I created (apparently the Ambassador has a higher caliber than the sniper rifle)
  • Sentry Level 2 - Deleted weird transparent muzzleflash above real muzzleflash.
  • Scottish Resistance Reflect - Deleted some accidental pixels.
  • Pipe Bomb Launcher - Fixes barely visible trigger guard.
  • Homewrecker - New impact effect to match the Powerjack (and any other hammers that get added).
  • Gunslinger - Removed unnecessary detail in the fists, unnecessary 3Dness in the arms and made the lines thicker. And replaced the Organ Grinder taunt kill impact with a much less awkward looking one.
  • Red Capture/Defend - Fixed some issues causing these two icons to get cut badly at the left and right.
  • Flamethrower/Backburner - Changed the way the tape was drawn to match other icons instead of weirdly cutting off.
  • Black Box (rocket version) - Changed design of health crosses trail to match the Crusader's Crossbow one. Applied the same change to the Black Box reflect icon.
  • Degreaser - A whole new icon. Bigger, less blurry, and with a new flame effect. Also modified the original flamethrower sized Degreaser icons to match the new big one.
  • Wrangled Sentry (Level 1) - This is now the default Wrangler icon.
  • Vitasaw (Lite Only) - Changed the angle and impact effect of the Vitasaw to match other in-game saws.

Added Alternatives:
  • Vitasaw (Straight) - A straight variant of the regular tilted Vitasaw, for people that prefer their saws that way.

Added (for Valve's eyes):
  • ANOTHER Eternal Reward backstab - The fully cloaked one mixed with the regular one.
  • Unignited Axtinguisher - For when you get a humiliating kill with the Axtinguisher on an unignited opponent. (the crit icon doesn't already cover this, as you can get unignited crits with the Axtinguisher during a Kritzkrieg/end of round, which do different damage from ignited crits)
Zarik
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3501639

Re: Killicons fix!

Unread post by Zarik »

I looked at all the icons and I would have to say that I prefer the older ones (except the skull and bones and a few others)
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Re: Killicons fix!

Unread post by Egonny »

They got fixed officially BTW.