Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Minecraft

General discussion about gaming.
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7761101

Minecraft

Unread post by arkawn »

I've got a SMP server running from my bedroom that I play on with irl friends + their DODS buds and yeah I saw Zamboni and spleenter playing it in steam (lol it doesnt run in fullscreen why open it through steam u so crazy) so I figured i would share

I'll update this post whenever I turn it off or IP changes because I dont have a static IP

Sometimes there's some epic lag but I swear its not my fault the alpha server its just hurrdurr im still in alpha

Also dont try to ride minecrarts on it because then I get a gigantic log of

[WARNING] ArkAwn moved wrongly!

or whatever user did it
also it crashes the fuck out of the server

and the only monsters in it are immobile so finding dungeons and looting them is super easy

IP:port = 174.94.0.243:25565
up
Last edited by arkawn on 24 Nov 2010, 08:13, edited 3 times in total.
Nadaz
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:15505066
Xbox Gamer Tag: Nadaz444

Re: Minecraft

Unread post by Nadaz »

So this is a Survival Server then? Awesome, I have a server aswell for Survival, I'll post IP when I fix a bug I keep getting on it.
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by arkawn »

what's the bug?
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

it updated today so if you could update the server it would be awesome. also im no longer running it in steam before its retarded to do that.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by arkawn »

TODAYS UPDATE FIXED SMP FUCK YES
Yulond
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20557103

Unread post by Yulond »

Awesome! I've been looking for a Minecraft server to play on.
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by arkawn »

its generally empty save for me, irl friends and their DOD:S buddies but were on it often enough
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

sweet thanks arkawn.

also ive got another server that i play on, right now we are recreating a full size black mesa complex. after that is done we are going to start making the SGC from stargate.

ip: kiaserdesign.org

currently down while the owner is at school but it should be up within a week or two ill let you know
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

If I knew how to connect to the server with the ip address, I might try this game.
Life is whatever.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

you have to buy the game in order to be able to connect to this server. you cant connect via the free in browser version.
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by arkawn »

spleenter wrote:sweet thanks arkawn.

also ive got another server that i play on, right now we are recreating a full size black mesa complex. after that is done we are going to start making the SGC from stargate.

currently down while the owner is at school but it should be up within a week or two ill let you know
holy dicks
i guess its not SMP? cuz like, hsssssssssssss
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

arkawn wrote:
spleenter wrote:sweet thanks arkawn.

holy dicks
i guess its not SMP? cuz like, hsssssssssssss
it is SMP we just spawn everything because this is a massive undertaking it helps when everyone on the server is op. by everyone i mean, kaiser, keke, duck, and myself
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afgZfH2F6Kg

that is our template.
we have the first 2 rooms completely done.
we just started excavating the third and the outdoor area beyond that but we have yet to furnish it.

next time the server is up ill record it with wegame and post it
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Minecraft Beta: December 20, 2010

The next epoch is upon us! The skies are trembling, pigs are growing wings, and the nether is turning awfully cold, as Minecraft slowly crawls out of Alpha..

Minecraft will reach Beta status on December 20th, 2010.

With Beta comes a larger focus on polish and content, and we’ll start early on with adding proper modding support with a stable API, and we’d love all input we can get on this from the modders out there. We’ll also add some kind of non-intrusive narrative to the game to help drive the game experience early on, and to provide some kind of late game goal. There will be a bigger focus on testing and stability as well, with more time between updates.

When the game enters beta, the price will rise to 14.95 Euro.

We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20, so if you got the game for during alpha, you will still get all future updates for free, despite this change. A promise is a promise.
Buying the game during beta will include all updates up until release, of course, and bug patches will be free.

Soon, you will be able to buy gift codes for Minecraft, perfectly timed for the holidays! Even better, if you buy those before December 20, accounts created from these codes will count as alpha accounts, and will receive all future updates for free.

And the next game update (with server-side inventory) is coming next week, before Beta

Merry holidays happy! :D
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Unread post by Egonny »

spleenter wrote:Minecraft Beta: December 20, 2010

The next epoch is upon us! The skies are trembling, pigs are growing wings, and the nether is turning awfully cold, as Minecraft slowly crawls out of Alpha..

Minecraft will reach Beta status on December 20th, 2010.

With Beta comes a larger focus on polish and content, and we’ll start early on with adding proper modding support with a stable API, and we’d love all input we can get on this from the modders out there. We’ll also add some kind of non-intrusive narrative to the game to help drive the game experience early on, and to provide some kind of late game goal. There will be a bigger focus on testing and stability as well, with more time between updates.

When the game enters beta, the price will rise to 14.95 Euro.

We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20, so if you got the game for during alpha, you will still get all future updates for free, despite this change. A promise is a promise.
Buying the game during beta will include all updates up until release, of course, and bug patches will be free.

Soon, you will be able to buy gift codes for Minecraft, perfectly timed for the holidays! Even better, if you buy those before December 20, accounts created from these codes will count as alpha accounts, and will receive all future updates for free.

And the next game update (with server-side inventory) is coming next week, before Beta

Merry holidays happy! :D
Must... buy... now...

No really, I want to buy this, but I don't have PayPal myself and I can't get my parents to buy it since it's exam time :barf: .
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Make your own and delete it when your done. That's what I did.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Unread post by Egonny »

Since I'm not 18, I don't have a credit card either so I can't put money on it in any way. Oh well, maybe I'll find someone with a credit card to do it then.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

Pay-content in the future. What?
BAMF
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25128613
Xbox Gamer Tag: SomTervo

Unread post by BAMF »

Divine Fate wrote:Pay-content in the future. What?
Notch may be a good developer, no one said anything about him being nice though.
Moving Target
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5973737

Unread post by Moving Target »

Just bought it! Took me all morning just to get the website to load. They must be busy lol.

I quote NO MAN! - me
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

they are updating the website now. and beta comes out tomorrow so the last day to buy the game and guarantee the free updates will be today.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

ok, so i have a video of out progress of balckmesa.

http://www.livestream.com/kaiser24/vide ... m=ui-thumb

and our template

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afgZfH2F6Kg
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Yes, I know this topic is from December, and that there is a Minecraft section of the forums, but that's only for those servers, and this topic is more than that.

Anywho, with the recent update to Minecraft, when you start a new world, it gives you the option to add a "seed" to the world. While it seems useless, adding a seed allows you to make a custom world, which will be the same for anyone who uses that seed. Sure, you could manipulate the seeds back in like alpha, but now you don't need mods to do it. More information Here.

You can use whatever you want for the seeds. It can be numbers, it can be letters, it can be words, it can be your name, it can be ALL of these if you want.

Worlds Discovered:

"Notch" gives you a very flat world with a lot of trees, minus the huge mountain behind you when you spawn.

"Giro" actually gives you a chain of islands, one of which has a large land bridge between two with a gap in between.

"Urashima" gives you a pseudo desert with a little plateau in the middle. I say "pseudo" because behind you is a huge forest.

"Giro Urashima" spawns you with a desert in front of you and to your left, and Mt. Everest behind you. I say Mt. Everest because it stretches into the clouds.

"Giggles" spawns you on a nearly flat island with plenty forest islands around you.

"Spleenter" is sort of a mix of everything.

"captainAngry" spawns you on a large island with plenty of trees.

And for kicks I tried "911". Think Notch, but sandier and with more trees.

To clarify, it spawns you in the same WORLD, but not the same spawn point. Post screenshots with the coordinates [F3].
Share worlds with your friends!*

*=Disclaimer: Worlds may not spawn you and friend in the same spot.
Life is whatever.
Darthfuel
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23731640
Twitter Username: Lucas Straubel

Unread post by Darthfuel »

Took me 5 days  ^^
Took me 5 days ^^
Fireproof
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20223525
Twitter Username: calcChaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: Fireproof Gamer

Unread post by Fireproof »

Nice one, kinda makes me want to start doing pixel art again.
ImageImage
Ohnoez

Unread post by Ohnoez »

umm my friend told me minecraft can be frustrating most of the times because when you die you have to go to the spot where you died and pick up all your items...
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

Ohnoez wrote:umm my friend told me minecraft can be frustrating most of the times because when you die you have to go to the spot where you died and pick up all your items...
:downsbravo:
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.